Green Boxes at Coasters?

vortexdemon05

WARNING: (lol) Coasters are Getting Boxes on the Floor well paint boxes Coasters i know of that have the lil' boxes are Vortex, and Beast!!!!! The managers said that they were trying it out on The Vortex Crew and now it Spreads to Beast? is there any other Coasters that got the Boxes? I really dont see the use in them I mean we (employees) will not jump over the track when there is a train coming. I asked the area managers why they now putting the boxes in and they have said they dont want us moving when the train is. Couldn't they just tell us that and not waste the paint? Plus it whould save money without the paint. mad.gif

Green boxes? I guess I'll have to look for them when I go on Friday. I'm fascinated to see changes Cedar Fair is making. If anything, I'd say that they need these 'boxes' at Racer if they're there to stop people from jumping onto the track. Those people cross the tracks a lot.

Yup...I'm guessing it's another CF influence. Expect to see more dots 'n' boxes on more rides in the near future. (The best example is at Magnum...they have to stand on little dots almost totally behind a pole and they can probably barely see the train as it passes out of the station!)

Are we talking about the green lines next to the air gates in The Vortex station that employees must be behind when a train pulls into the station? Those aren`t new, they have been there for a while. Even Son of Beast has them in the station if I recall correctly.

^So did The Beast even abck in the day when I used to work there, I believe Vortex Demon is referring to freshly painted green boxes that have been put in new positions on the load and unload sides of many coasters. I was up at teh park for a fe whours today and saw them.

referring to freshly painted green boxes on load and Now Unload

in still kinda confused...pic please?

For employees, there is a green line in the shape of a box in certain areas of the station at certain coasters. Vortex has one... for example

http://photos.pkicentral.com/displayimage....album=46&pos=15

Where the employees in the background is standing, that would be an area a green box would be.

in still kinda confused...pic please?

For employees, there is a green line in the shape of a box in certain areas of the station at certain coasters. Vortex has one... for example

http://photos.pkicentral.com/displayimage....album=46&pos=15

Where the employees in the background is standing, that would be an area a green box would be.

Wow - what time of day was that picture taken? Look at that line. ohmy.gif

I think the boxes are a great idea. Several years ago while standing in line to get on The Beastie with my kids, a ride attendant tried to cross from one side of the track to the other. She fell while crossing and got her leg wedged between the track and the wood planking. Luckily with help from the other ride attendants she got out without major injury. Ride safety should be taken very seriously.

The green boxes are a new safety measure to look out for employee safety. All major coasters with the exception of Face/Off (because they are behind locked gates and booths anyway) are getting the green zones. Yes its going to be similar to SOB's green zones but more confined. I know at Top Gun we're putting a box in front of the exit gate and in front of the kiddie coralle. Also all pre-existing green lines are going to be filled in with green paint. So at rides like Vortex where the load side operator stands behind a green line, will now be a green box. Again its just an extra safety precaution.

The green zones have been around for awhile on select coasters.

Green zone: Safety zone to where the operator stands in whenever the train/ride is in motion.

Yellow zone: Normally a trip/fall hazard marker, or used to show where the operator stands between queue rails. Well used to I guess. Also used to mark breaker clearance areas to keep clear. For example, 36" in front of breaker panels must be left clear, so 36" away from the panel they draw a yellow box.

Because the gates are electric and not penumatic - and stupid guests pushing on them breaks them really really really easy - causing the whole ride to shut down.

And this was not forseeable? Sounds more like cost cutting by a company that wasn't very worried about the long term costs of running the ride to me. Perhaps they knew they intended to sell the park some time soon when this relatively inexpensive but apparently not very durable design was approved?

Why is everything a conspiracy theory? And I'm not just talking about this conversation by any means...

It seems that this whole past year has been conspiracy theories left and right about different things. Yeah, CBS was cheap and this past year under them was less than spectacular. The Paramount years were also not the greatest, but it's not like they had it for the parks and wanted to ruin them...even if it seemed like it.