Fear Fest '07

ICPcreeper

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess would be that you will not see the undertaker back next year, but that you will see an all new character in that place.

The undertaker seemed to me to be the attempt at the main host character similar to how Universal does it.....and patterned after the way they do it i would expect a new character each year.

You dont know everything! They cant find anyone better than him... point blank period. Plus, he was such a nice guy out of character.

You dont know everything! They cant find anyone better than him... point blank period. Plus, he was such a nice guy out of character.

I know....he is a really great guy, and he is extremely talented. I was just saying that we might see a different character, I didnt mean it would have to be a different person.

Holiday Horror Did suck hard, but I think it would be a good haunted house idea rather than a fearzone. More props,actors and I wouldf like to see snow.

I think that if they did keep with a holiday theme and made it into a house, rather than just stick with xmas they should get really creative and start hitting into other holidays. A few ideas on how but it still would not be an easy task

Especially if their taste is so bad it includes Veteran's Day, Flag Day, Memorial Day, Labor Day......and Easter. Heck, throw in President's Day and Martin Luther King Day, too. May as well be as offensive as possible.

Sorry, I just think the Holiday thing was a Horror, in ways that Cedar Fair never intended. I doubt it will be back.

Offensive or not, it was a horrible attraction. Im just glad that it was basically non existent by the end of FearFest. Holiday Horror came across as a bitter inside joke by people that were upset about WinterFest not coming back. Hope we never see that again.

The Undertaker called me on Thanksgiving and told me to have a happy one, for he would be coming to see me soon.

No kidding.

Is this good news or bad news? ;) Well, as long as he doesn't bring the grim reaper, you should be good to go. :lol:

Actually, the Nick parade might be back next year. I actually thing that a FearFest "Scarade" would be rather interesting. The parades that KI have put on the last couple of years have drawn huge crowds, so I would think it would be a mistake to ditch the Nick Parade.

At Halloween Horror Nights, at Universal Studios, they had the Chain Saw brigade. They marched in group formation with chain saws raised and people would clear the way like they were watching a parade. And then....they'd stop and stand for about 10 seconds, then rip the start cords starting the chain saws and chase into the crowds with the chainsaws running. It was fun to watch.

Unclehenry, I Loved it to. the reason it sucked hard was because there was barely any scare actors over in HH ... KI pretty much abandoned it after the first weekend. Once again, great idea, bad execution.

yea, about that, i was talkin with them back stage and funny story about why the numbers dropped so severely.

Apparently the other elves has offended some people, and so they were relocated, then decided just to keep santa n the main elf in there. That main elf was so fun to scare, i did it whenever i could and she would just give me an evil look as i grinned at her.

I think that most people who didn't like Holiday Horror didn't get to see the true side of it. During the first few days of Fearfest, the Elves would harass you, Santa would in his subtle way tell you about how he knew you were unappreciative of the toys he gave you as a child, the Christmas music was backwards... it was just brilliant.

Unfortunately, some people chose to get offended by it and express it and they had to water it down almost immediately, which is why a lot of you got the wrong impression of it.

There are certain things that in most of society are off-limits for parody. Christmas and Easter are among them. Kings Island CHOSE to ignore that. I am not even a little bit surprised they got tons of complaints. They are lucky that there weren't protests as well.

You don't mock religion and expect to be treated lightly.

And Cincinnati is a very conservative town. They should have known that.

....so then why aren't people in Cincinnati complaining about the upcoming flick Black Christmas?

And since when was getting presents and sitting on Santa Claus's lap religious? Considering the fact that the event is not recommended for children under the age of 12, which both them and the families were probably the ones doing the complaining, they CHOSE to ignore the warnings, come to the event and be exposed to it. They should have known that.

Then again, park guests aren't the brightest lot and don't bother researching information about FearFest BEFORE going up to the park. :wacko:

A park visit is supposed to be fun...not requiring research before going. Any park that expects its guests to do research before arriving is almost always going to be sorely disappointed.

As for why they ain't complaining about an upcoming film, everything takes time in Cincinnati! Not to mention that films, by their very nature, separate out most of those not interested. One has some idea what to expect when one goes to a film, one also has some idea what to expect at Fear Fest...and mocking something that normally occurs in December is not normally expected to be a part of most Hallowe'en oriented activities. . .In Cinci, that was about as much expected as a giant jack-o-lantern would have been as the centerpiece of Winterfest!