New Kings Island Logo revealed

CoastersNSich

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else think that the choice of these logos is interesting? Clearly, each of the five former Paramount Parks look like they will be using the Cedar Point font for their logos. I personally do not find this surprising since all 5 parks were acquired at once, it makes sense that Cedar Fair would want to apply a similar marketing strategy for all five parks and brand them in a similar way with the same fonts and logos.

What I wonder about more is if Cedar Fair will use this same font and logo for the rest of their parks. If you go to Michigan's Adventure web site, you will see that Michigan's Adventure also uses the same font as Cedar Point and the five former Paramount Parks. I found it kind of hard to tell with Dorney Park, but I think it looks a little different. The other parks - Valleyfair, Knott's Berry Farm, Worlds of Fun, Geauga Lake are all using unique logos on their web sites. I personally don't think they will change these fonts and logos, particularly for Valleyfair (since it matches the Cedar Fair Entertainment Company font) or Knott's (since this park has pretty well established unique identity).

It will be interesting to see over the next few years which aspects Cedar Fair will apply consistency to each of their parks, and which aspects they will allow each park to remain unique. Regardless, I don't think we will be seeing the same cookie-cutter, sanitized, pre-fabricated nature of the Six Flags parks.

... Regardless, I don't think we will be seeing the same cookie-cutter, sanitized, pre-fabricated nature of the Six Flags parks.

Yep, like Six Flags Fiesta Texas is replicated across the nation. Like every Six Flags park has a Golden Kingdom. Like every Six Flags park has an INTAMIN rocket coaster.

Six Flags parks suffered greatly under Premier Parks/Gary Story. Them days are over. Even in the last days of Gary Story, they had seen the light; even more so now under Messrs. Shapiro and Snyder.

Sanitized? I've seen some Six Flags parks (and some Cedar Fair bathrooms) that needed sanitizing! :)

One nice deletion is the moniker PARAMOUNT! Now KI can entertain without having to bother with having to identify with past and present Paramount product that will soon be forgotten. If I remember, I did hear "Face Off" is being added to AFI's list of 100 greatest movies of all time!

Seriously, have there been 13 pages talking about a logo??? Must be offseason.

I really miss the old gothic logo. It always gave a resort-type feeling to it, that KI was a destination and not a typical theme park, if that makes sense. The new one just reminds me of day trips to Cedar Point (I only live two hours from there), which is fine, but doesn't remind me of Kings Island.

Still, CF has done great things with The Point. I'm excited to see if they give some TLC to KI.

Re: the new logos...I just realized that since there's no "i" in "Canada's Wonderland" they'll be the only former Paramount Park not to get a "font flag"

(Oh well, at least they'll have company if CF goes for the new logo look with Knotts, WoF, and GL...) :)

• 2 months later...