IJST cars spotted on the Highway

cewldre

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^Hahahah have you ever ridden disaster transport at Cedar Point? I dont think so.

-Sob looses a loop and is getting either new or lighter modified trains.

-Flight of Fears mid course break run slows you down even more towards the last 3 months of the season after the CF aquisition.

-IJ:ST apparently may have two or more cars missing.

-Batman and Robin the Chiller at SFGADV loses its cobra roll inversion on both sides of the track.

Anyone notice a trend?

It was a ride Cedar Fair "themed."

After putting it in a building. And then let said "theming" go to pot. Utterly and completely.

Then there is the story of the wheels on Top Thrill Dragster, but let's leave that dashing down the midway, shall we?

Oh man, that's the worst pun ever.... :blink:

Well, it wasn't that bad. But wow.

^Hahahah have you ever ridden disaster transport at Cedar Point? I dont think so.

-Sob looses a loop and is getting either new or lighter modified trains.

-Flight of Fears mid course break run slows you down even more towards the last 3 months of the season after the CF aquisition.

-IJ:ST apparently may have two or more cars missing.

-Batman and Robin the Chiller at SFGADV loses its cobra roll inversion on both sides of the track.

Anyone notice a trend?

Steel =o + less thrill

Let me just throw this out there. If all that was going on was a paint job i dont think the park would be shipping the cars off site somewhere. The park has a full paint shop where they can repaint all ride vehicles. My guess is that off-season rehab tests may have indicated something with those cars that needs to be addressed at the manufacturer and can not be completed at the park.

After putting it in a building. And then let said "theming" go to pot. Utterly and completely.

Then there is the story of the wheels on Top Thrill Dragster, but let's leave that dashing down the midway, shall we?

Not sure what the TTD joke is on that, but I can comment on "Disaster" Transport.

I mean, the ride was okay by itself, but the building is just a big shell with numbers that would be found on an aircraft hangar on it. The entire que was just blacklights and robot like things that just move around and make noise. It was like the baggage claim from hell.

Not sure what the TTD joke is on that, but I can comment on "Disaster" Transport.

The joke on TTD was about the big dragster wheels that used to be on the back of the trains. One set of them fell off one of the trains.

The joke on TTD was about the big dragster wheels that used to be on the back of the trains. One set of them fell off one of the trains.

If I am not mistaken, didn't that wheel cause a little damage?

My guess is that off-season rehab tests may have indicated something with those cars that needs to be addressed at the manufacturer and can not be completed at the park.

What tipped them off? The fact that the audio went 86 midway through '05, or the fact that they still need to install the subway stair effect?

Let me just throw this out there. If all that was going on was a paint job i dont think the park would be shipping the cars off site somewhere. The park has a full paint shop where they can repaint all ride vehicles. My guess is that off-season rehab tests may have indicated something with those cars that needs to be addressed at the manufacturer and can not be completed at the park.

Thats a very good point shman, I've seen the paint shop many times.....but maybe CF let quite a few people go or maybe their budget was cut and the special project requires equipment not available at the park. The trains were manufactured by Premeire at first in Maryland then finished at a special plant in Colorado where the fire took place. I dont think theyre going back to the manufacturer both Maryland and Colorado ae pretty far for those things to ride unexposed.

Hey cewldre, is there any more discription you can give us on the truck that was carrying the cars? Like markings or anything?

Sorry, it didn't look like a park issued truck or anything, but they do usually take the magnetic tags on the side off when on the highway. It was red though, maybe a ford f something. It was pretty big, maybe a 350, but I am not sure. I can tell you the guy driving was a little older and appeared to have a beard going.

Sorry, it didn't look like a park issued truck or anything, but they do usually take the magnetic tags on the side off when on the highway. It was red though, maybe a ford f something. It was pretty big, maybe a 350, but I am not sure. I can tell you the guy driving was a little older and appeared to have a beard going.

Hmm...Are you sure it was that small of a truck? An Ford F-350 although a large truck, is not what I would think that they would have the trains in. Although, It could've been a flatbed I guess. Can anymore description be provided?

Interesting... my first reaction said "oh, they're just putting new shells on eliminating the Mini from the ride." It could be that, for a re-theme, they wanted to use different vehicles. If you'll remember, one of the many immediate changes made by CF after buying Geauga Lake was that the vintage Buick advertisement on the 50's midway was replaced with a Thunderbird ad. Maybe they want to make them little Mustangs or Mazdas?

Also, the OP said that it was a truck and trailer, im guessing one or both of the minis was in-tow.