KI needs a new darkride!

beastfan11

I think Ki def. needs a new darkride of some kind. Like a Haunted House one, not like SDATHC. It would be cool if the put it in Rivertown. The could even recast some of the old PT guys with new coustumes. I beleive Disneyland did something like that for their old "America Sings" ride, 2 of the characters were recasted in the Splash Mountain ride.

Although this is not a dark ride, but more of a dark ride/log flume combo, I would love to see a "Splash Mountain" type ride at KI. I would like this nearly as much as I would like a 300ft steel coaster or invert! I just absolutely love the experience of Splash Mountain combined with the wet and wild feel of a big splashdown! Theming at its best, will we see this at KI someday? Not too sure, but I am hopeful!

No Disagreement we need two a log flume like Knotts themed even the line was heavily themed, and the inside of the mountain incredible. and we need a more like phantom theatre both of them you ride and relax, 5 minutes atleast each .

This could be the best things ever added to Kings Island:

I am afraid that Cedar Fair does not seem to be into dark rides. Cedar Point has not had one in many many years and none of Cedar Fair's other pre-paramount parks really has one either. For some reason, they do not seem to believe in them...

I hope they change their minds! I love dark rides and would love to see another high quality one at Kings Island!

I would like to see a ride like Men in Black.

Yea I know we have Scbooy Doo but that doesn't even began to compare with Men in Black.

I agree 100%. MIB in Universal Orlando is one of my most favorite rides. The ride is amazingly themed, and the queue line is even better. We go to Univeral about every other year and when we do we ride MIB at least 5 times a day. My family gets so competetive and into it- its so funny but its awesome. If KI would get a similar ride, the park would be that more amazing.

You're right- Scooby Doo is not even in the same category as MIB.

The main reason that Sally Shoot-em-up type dark rides are so popular is that they keep guests who would otherwise be problems busy so that they aren't getting out, misbehaving and/or disturbing other guests.

Few regional parks are installing new dark rides of any other kind these days. Sadly, a very bad fire at one of my favorite regional parks many years ago was one of the major reasons for the trend against dark rides other than those involving shooting at targets.

Note that even when Holiday World at long last got a dark ride, it, too, was/is of the Shoot-Em-Up variety.

One of the reasons I adore Six Flags Over Georgia so much is that they still have Monster Plantation after all these years. It reminds me in many ways of the much missed Phantom Theater.

If KI were to get a new DR... It needs to be another of the style of PT! Just sit and be scared... hopefully! Again, I posted this awhile back but KI could really invest in:

http://www.halloweenproductions.com/MM_ride.php

Monster Mansion is very affordable as far as DR's are concerned! They would make there money back in a month or just little more! -Hauntguy

Mikewhy brought up a good point that Cedar Fair doesnt seem to be too into dark rides. All I can say is that I truly hope that that changes. Although many of our roller coaster thirsts wont be quenched with Firehawk's debut I wonder how many members on here other than myself would like to see a dark ride before another coaster? Now if that means no new coaster for like 10 years than obviously the darkride can wait, but if we werent going to get another coaster until the 40th anniversary, then I would really like to get a great themed dark ride.

300th post