Landscaping on Maverick

Being at work today, I decided to check out to see if Maverick was making any cycles yet. Come to my surprise, but CP put some REALLY nice landscaping in inside the footprint for Maverick.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun/webcams/index.cfm

You can really see it at the "Maverick Cam".

There is nice wooden fencing where the track comes close to the ground and many trees.

It is nice to see that CP is doing something to make the area around a ride look good. Maybe they can noe do something for IJ.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't mean to be rude... but that castle is NOT plastic.

Actually, Disney theming IS the bar for other parks. Look at Pirates, Haunted Mansion, Tower, etc.... Disney has SO MUCH to work with and everything they do LOOKS great. The ONLY thing remotely close/comparible to Disney that I've seen at another themepark outside of Florida is Phantom Theater! -Hauntguy

Both Disney and McD's quailty are a matter of opinion. (At one time, we all believed McD's was the only place to eat, and get a free toy with our happy meal) ;)

Disney may happen to have many uses for plastic, but unfortunately in today's world, almost everything is plastic. Quite honestly, when I was there for my honeymoon (BTW, my 7 year anniversary is today- yippee! :lol: ), I really did not notice how much plastic they used in their themeing. What I did notice was the detail that Disney put into everything, how clean the parks were, and how almost all the employees want you to have a magical time.

But I will take the lesser of two evils. I would rather have Disney themeing with plastic, than no Disney themeing at all.

Nope. They were from Indianapolis. Great food. Ended up being acquired by Hardees, after a rather disastrous spell under General Foods.

http://www.freewebs.com/burgerchef/

Not all that dissimilar from BBF: Burger Boy Foodarama. Very successful, bought out (and ruined) by Borden. BBF's president, Jim Near, went on to run Wendy's. His son is still with Wendy's, which, by the way, is currently being rumored for sale, perhaps to the owner of Arby's. Sigh.

Ya'll don't remember Burger Chef & Jeff?

Lord, I remember that my mother and I used to go to the one over across from Value City at Tri County.

LOL, when I grew up there were not fast food restaurants on every corner, Northgate was an Air Strip and Fields Ertle was just a field. <G>

Burger Chef & Jeff--now, that brings back some memories! :D I remember making my parents take me to an out-of-town location one time just so I could see Burger Chef & Jeff in a personal appearance! What's really funny is that I have a good friend now whose parents used to own a couple of BC franchises back in the 70s. He said he and his brother used to wear the Burger Chef & Jeff costumes! It really ruins the image for me now ;)

I have very faint memories of BBF...did they change the name after Borden took over?

Jogging the memory bank here...

I distinctly recall the first time that I visited KI that my parents and I left for the day around 6 or so. We stopped at the only fast food place we could find, McDonald's at Fields Ertl. The whole place was "Western themed" and instead of those "spinny' chairs, the tables had horse saddles that you sat on.

My how times have changed. Back then there was little to nothing in that end of town. And KI seemed so remote from Metro Cincy.

So you see, back in the day, even fast food was heavily themed ;-)

Shaggs

I have very faint memories of BBF...did they change the name after Borden took over?

Yep, it became, for a while, Borden Burger. . . worst of all, the neato "Whirling Satellite" left the home of the "Banquet on a Bun."

BBF was far more memorable than Borden Burger...and BBF had many things, from roast beef to fried chicken! They even sold a Whopper clone called the Super Deluxe, and a Big Mac Clone called Triple Decker. The Borden people got in trouble with the Golden Arches people though, when they copied the Egg McMuffin and called it Egg N Muffin. It ended up being called the tedious "Breakfast On A Muffin."

And they even copied Burger Chef and Jeff to a point, with a clown and accompanying mascot called Bordini and BB. (the BB presumably for Borden Burger.) There was a lot of copying back then!

*** And a reprise for the dearly departed (from Kings Island at least) Hanna Barbera)

Here we come on the run

With a burger on a bun

And a dab of coleslaw on the side,

Oh your taste we will tickle

With a great dill pickle

And all of our potatoes are french fried, fried, fried,

Our burgers can't be beat,

'Cause we grind our own meat,

Grind, grind, grind, grind, grind,