What will SOB trains look like?

DropZone99

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But will this really improve the ride. I have heard that Hurricane beat the crap outta some people.

only time will tell. heh, but they would know how beat up by how badly beat up them silly test dummies they use are. heh, for some reason i would find it amusing to watch the test runs and see a test dummy fly out of the car. but i wouldnt want that to happen as that wouldnt be good, just hilarious.

I was at the park today (Tuesday the 19th) I couldn't get a photo but there was a complete train inside the loading station of Son of Beast filled with water dummies as passengers. Looks like it's one step closer to getting opened. Oh and the train that I saw was just like the ones shown in other photos. Red with no headrests. You can kind of see it from the exit ramp of Top Gun but I got a better view while riding Drop Zone.

Yeah I was kind of shocked there wasn't headrests either. I mean all the other rides at Kings Island have them. Racer has them The Beast has them. Although it would be different if Son of Beast doesn't have them. I'll ride it no matter what once it opens. It was one of my favorites I used to ride it first every visit. Open the day with Son of Beast and close the day with The Beast.

To tell you the truth, I am glad there are no headrests.

For rides like TTD, FoF, and Maverick- yes headrests are nice. But for a ride like Beast or Racer I never put my head back, the train shakes too much.

Well, it does look as if the park is attempting to have the ride up by the 4th.

That is, assuming of course, the structure tests are already done by both the state and the third party.

^^ Seatbelts? Yeah. that's a given.

I bet there will be more garbage cans in the queue as well. Maybe a picture of a garbage can on the train too.

;)

Does anyone remember when at CP, you would go into a different section of the park and the picture on the garbage can would change for the particular major ride in that area?

Those cans looked great! :lol:

The trains were painted red like the old trains. I can't wait to see them testing it. Whoever visits Kings Island regularly keep us posted and let us know when it opens to the public. I'm so excited I can't wait to ride it again in September hopefully.

Yeah I wish they would have done that with the new trains as well. But the SOB trains when it first opened was solid red. I think it was halfway thru the first season when they got the yellow on the front and back of the trains.

I'll be at the park again on Tuesday as I go every tuesday. If I see anything else I'll post it here. I'll try and get some pictures but all I have is a camera phone and as someone else said Son of Beast's loading station is hard to see inside of. The best vantage point I got was on Drop Zone but obviously I can't take a picture from there.

I was at the park today SOB was having a walk through. A lot of guys where walking the tracks looking at them after the train pasted over.

Sorry I don't have any pictures of the train on the track it moved the time I got on top of the tower.