Something Old Becomes New Again at Kings Island: Red Racer vs. Blue Racer, Season Pass Processing, 2008 Entertainment Lineup, Halloween Haunt & More

Why did they turn it backwards in the first place?It was a waste of time and money to turn it backward way back in the 80's. But Cedar Fair didnt own the park back then.

You see the new coaster The Bat was not working out so they turned one side of The Racers backwards.

Can anyone tell me if The Bat ever had ANY success.

Obviosly i haven't rode it because i wasn't born yet, but my mom has... and she said it was awesome.

Sadly thats one ride i would love to ride before i die and that is Deja Vu it seems like an intersting ride experience. Has anyone rode it before?

Ive rode Deja' Vu' at SFOG, and it's a great ride... much funner than Invertigo.

The Bat was incredible for its time. But if it existed today it would be obsolete to the point that it would not be as good as Flight Deck..... IMHO. It was not as high or fast and it was very jerky in the turns and, as we all know, didn't work particularly well... But it deserves its place in history as a groundbreaking coaster that paved the way for others. I still like looking off of the lift hill on Vortex and seeing the footings that are still there.

The Bat was incredible for its time. But if it existed today it would be obsolete to the point that it would not be as good as Flight Deck..... IMHO. It was not as high or fast and it was very jerky in the turns and, as we all know, didn't work particularly well... But it deserves its place in history as a groundbreaking coaster that paved the way for others. I still like looking off of the lift hill on Vortex and seeing the footings that are still there.

Oh, I disagree.

Flight Deck pails in comparison to The Bat. Don't get me wrong, Flight Deck is a nice little ride, but it's nothing like the experience that The Bat was.

There is only one Arrow Suspended I have been on thats better then Flight Deck, and thats the Big Bad Wolf @ BGE. What Flight Deck lacks in length, it makes up in intensity, I would ride it a lot more if it weren't so darn removed from the rest of the park..

In the past several years, ridership of the Forward Racer has maintained marginally flatined while the Backward Racer has seen a steady decline.

I personally think it would be tough for the park to get an accurate statistic of this since the Backward Racer was closed SO very much. (During the weekdays it could have almost been re-named "The Coaster With A Garbage Can In Front Of It's Line"...can't you just picture merchandise with that name.)

I know everyone is different, but like many others have stated, the majority of the people I go with prefer the backwards side...I personally don't care, I liked them both.

the Backward Racer was closed SO very much. (During the weekdays it could have almost been re-named "The Coaster With A Garbage Can In Front Of It's Line"...can't you just picture merchandise with that name.)

That's one of the reasos they turned it, to reduce maintinence. Isn't funny how things make sence? :lol:

the Backward Racer was closed SO very much. (During the weekdays it could have almost been re-named "The Coaster With A Garbage Can In Front Of It's Line"...can't you just picture merchandise with that name.)

Isn't funny how things make sence? :lol:

isn't it funny how you will say just about anything to leave a post? ;)

Not to mention the other massive changes to the trains, from the installation of seat dividers, individual lap bars and head rests to, in my opinion, the worst of all and probably only unnecessary change, the hard high density urethane foam that replaced the original cushy padding that came with the PTC trains.

Being skinny and riding is a pain.

Then you should try being heavy and riding. That is much less fun than riding when I was skinny. But the good news is, I've lost 29 lbs in the off-season, and still working on it. That should make some difference for me.

Where did you lose it?

Is there an Amber or a Levi's Alert posted?

Are we going to find those pounds on 29#?