Son of Beast

Colonel_SoB_fan

My problem with Adventure Express is the crappy ending. Stupid tunnel with a bunch of statues talking to you and then one goes "now you will pay" and thats it, thats the end of the ride. I personally thing there should be SOMETHING after that stupid tunnel. They psych you all up just to end the ride. What is the point in that? I honestly got excited and thought something crazy was about to happen when I first rode it. Then when I got off, my first thought was "well that was just sort of stupid...whats the point?" Still trying to understand why it has a top thrill rating of 5!

Top Gun I agree, would be a pretty good ride if it was longer. It is way too short. Its not bad, but its just way too short.

BLST is kinda neat, but I'm kinda bitter at that ride right now... Anyway point is, the large coasters shouldn't be touched, they are the best part of the park. The Beast, Son of Beast, Vortex, and Racer are the parks big boys, the rest honestly are smaller coasters. Not saying Firehawk, Invertigo and FoF aren't intense but they are still smaller coasters in comparison to the other four...

in fact maybe they should bring the "fearsome 4" name back and attach it to The Beast, Son of Beast, Vortex and Racer!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Adventure Express is a great ride. I didn't grow up riding coasters, so, when I was 19, that was the first coaster I got on. Other than it just being a really fun ride, it holds special meaning to me because it was my "first".

• 2 weeks later...
You were 19 huh.

Well, my first was Goofy's Barnstormer @ WDW when I was 3.

me too :lol:

Showing my age, but my first ever coaster was one at the Cincinnati Zoo. Don't remember the name of it now. My second ever roller coaster was "Shooting Star" at Old Coney. I believe I was about 10 when I went on the "Shooting Star". What a great coaster that was.

• 2 weeks later...
Forgive my ignorance, but what part is the "rose bowl" on SOB? I can't figure it out.

The Rose Bowl is the first helix after the initial drop. It was nicknamed the Rose Bowl since it seems to resemble a football stadium.

The only doubt I have for this ride is its jerkiness!

My friend's neck got messed up on this ride when we went the 24th and my back was messed up not even getting to the chain hill. Ya know there were so many rumors about Vortex being torn down that day, I wouldn't be shock if they have to re-evaluate SOB if people start complaining more about it. It seemed like it worked with Flight of Fear cause they got the restraint system changed.

Guest rcfreak339

I don't have any doubts about SOB nor have I ever had...The reason could be is that i'm a big guy and theres not a lot of room to move around. lol! :)

• 3 weeks later...
I don't have any doubts about SOB nor have I ever had...The reason could be is that i'm a big guy and theres not a lot of room to move around. lol! :)

Im a small guy (only about 5ft. 3) and i don't get 'jerked' around, i love the ride, it's the best coaster at KI, and way smoother than Beast.

About once a year, I make the mistake of riding SOB. I guess I keep forgetting how painful it is. Whoever said the pain starts even before the lift hill, you're right about that. The problem for me isn't just that it's rough as in bumpy... the lateral (side-to-side) and yaw (directional) roughness is what kills me. The cars start jerking around and twisting about a vertical axis on that first drop out of the station, and it just gets worse once the ride is up to speed. I don't know if they intended on this thing having those characteristics, but I plan to never ride the thing again. It's the only ride I've ever been on where "is it over yet?" is the foremost thought in my mind. I need to remind myself of that the next time I catch myself saying "hey let's ride SOB". :lol:

If I ever ride the Son of Beast again it will be too soon. I have never thought it was a good coaster. It's only attaction is it's height and speed and there are plenty of drawbacks including how rough the ride can be.