Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Don't expect too much on the first try, cool weather, new wheels means slow train. I would not be surprised if it did not clear the second hill, it should and I would expect it to, but it will be slow.

B&M's are tested with harder wheel compounds first so they actually run faster. Behemoth was tested in much colder weather and it made it around the course the first try.

It's not the make up of the wheels that is the issue, it is the bearings in the hub that matter more. Behemoth may have made it the first run but it did valley during testing. I am not saying that it WILL valley, but rather: I would not be surprised if it did not clear the second hill, it should and I would expect it to, but it will be slow.

It means it does not make it up the next hill, so it rolls back and forth, back and forth, eventually stopping in the valley. Also called saddling or saddles...

So, are new coasters expected to do this the first time? I cant imaging it happening though. The subject reminds me of the Matrix when they have Neo in the jump program!

Would that be like when a dog runs across a freshly waxed wood floor, tries to stop, runs into the wall, and gives a look that clearly says: "I meant to do that?"

Except that the valley on Behemoth occurred in warm weather, after several weeks of testing and only a few days prior to media day. So no, it would no be like that at all.

Would that be like when a dog runs across a freshly waxed wood floor, tries to stop, runs into the wall, and gives a look that clearly says: "I meant to do that?"

Except that the valley on Behemoth occurred in warm weather, after several weeks of testing and only a few days prior to media day. So no, it would no be like that at all.

Behemoth was not intentionally saddled, they were testing minimum operational speed and it did not make the circuit. So yes it was just like Interp. said.

It means it does not make it up the next hill, so it rolls back and forth, back and forth, eventually stopping in the valley. Also called saddling or saddles...

So please tell me then dear, how to they react to such a thing happening? How do they recover the trains? Thanks in advance, :)

Kitten who sits and wonders.......

For most rides, it's a winching experience...which is just what it sounds like it is. For others, like Son of Beast, sometimes the ride is literally sawed apart and the trains lifted therefrom with a crane. In yet other cases, strong people literally push the thing up the next hill...this is usually avoided....

^ It starts out as an auh darn, and ends with a shower to get rid of all the sweet and dirt....usually it is a crane to remove the cars, or a pulley system that pulls it to the top of the next hill. If the train is loaded, the people are removed first. It tends to vary on the situation.

Guest rcfreak339

On Greezed Lightnin the Launch track is pointed downwards toward the station, I don't think it was that heavy since it seemed like he did it with ease and I was the only one on the ride.

Hey everyone. I was at the ACE SOAR event on Saturday and I must say, that was AMAZING! Besides the cold/snowy/windy weather. <_<

But anyways, I took ALOT of pics, but I'm going to put my favorites on here. Most are panoramic shots...

Station:

IMG_0185Stitch.jpg

Splashdown:

IMG_0194.jpg

Going Down Into The Splashdown:

IMG_0197.jpg

Splashdown Panoramic #1:

IMG_0202Stitch.jpg

Splashdown Panoramic #2: (My Favorite)

IMG_0205Stitch.jpg