Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

I've done my best.

Really, I have.

Let me go out on a limb here, though it isn't much of one.

Those of you who haven't ridden a really, really good B & M hypercoaster are in for a real treat. By those I mean Nitro, Goliath and, I am reliably told, Behemoth. Airtime is on its way to Kings Island. And how.

This coaster will change Kings Island forever, and in a very good way.

It's stunning Cedar Fair is putting so much of its capital budget in Kings Island, and building this coaster in these perilous economic times. It is an act of courage, and a validation of just how much Dick Kinzel adores Kings Island. And for that, we can all be thankful. April 17, indeed!

I've done my best.

Really, I have.

Those of you who haven't ridden a really, really good B & M hypercoaster are in for a real treat. By those I mean Nitro, Goliath and, I am reliably told, Behemoth. Airtime is on its way to Kings Island. And how.

It's stunning Cedar Fair is putting so much of its capital budget in Kings Island, and building this coaster in these perilous economic times. It is an act of courage, and a validation of just how much Dick Kinzel adores Kings Island. And for that, we can all be thankful. April 17, indeed!

I'm 24 and I've never ridden a B & M hyper, sadly. But I can only imagine how great its going to be. In my opinion Magnum has some good airtime hills considering that's one of the only coasters that has such that I've ridden, so I'm sure DB will be as good if not better.

I also, will have my first B&M on April 17, 2009. Only 157 more days!! I am going crazy with withdrawl. Only a few weeks into the offseason also. I will be a mess by December. So far this week I have around 10 coaster specials on Travel channel taped, 20 hours clocked on rct3, and looking into getting a Coaster Dynamix model for Christmas. My family is worried, I think I need a therapist. But, luckily enough, I will be going to Disney new year's week. So that should cover withdrawl untill the third coming (yes I know, no rides will be open but just being at KI takes care of my withdrawl!) and then I should be only mildly insane by preview day!

I adore Magnum XL-200...at the time it was built, it was THE airtime machine. Trust me, if Diamondback is typical of its ilk, or, as I suspect, even better...it will be a far superior experience to the wonder that is Magnum. It is being built 20 years later, after all...and the art has advanced.

So I'm thimking the best airtime on this will be the very back... Correct me if I'm wrong

haha i was at school and i started talking bout Diamondback and some kid said " o that new swing ride built by bob barker!" and the funny thing was that he was serious. so i said no that its being built by adena and its a b&m hyper. they all just looked at me and my teacher told me to tell the class what a B&M hyper was. man i have to explain it like so many times a day. the whole class started asking me questons like" why is it called B&M" and "why doesnt it have loops in it" :lol::lol::lol: today was quite a day ;)

Glad to know I'm a reliable source!! ;) Tehe!! (jussst kidding, btw, Terpy) :P

But in all seriousness, touche on those comments, although I do believe the 5th hill trim will be a staple on D-back, but until the testing, who knows, and until first ride reviews, who knows the affect??

Tiggy, NOT being a grump or cynic! Honest. :)

I'm so bummed that swan lake is gone but happy that we got a new coaster.(off topic) I heard people taking while I was at howl-o-fest I heard them say that Nick Universal is gonna be gone by 2010 and it will be a peanuts-snoopy themed area for kids I wouldn't mind it my nephew loves snoopy.