TheCryptRaider

I don't get it. I thought Kings Island read or posts, listened to enthusiasts, and what not. This will do nothing. I mean, at least they could've added a slide along with the expansion! That's the part that angers me...it's just a wave pool and "action river"....what fun....not.

I definitely like this move. Its a well deserved expansion of the water park and it shows that Kings Island and Cedar Fair are still interested in developing it. I definitely think we'll see more slides at some point in the future, just not all at once.

I definitely like this move. Its a well deserved expansion of the water park and it shows that Kings Island and Cedar Fair are still interested in developing it. I definitely think we'll see more slides at some point in the future, just not all at once.

They could have added one slide though. A simple body slide probably costs nothing compared to a coaster.

I don't get it. I thought Kings Island read or posts, listened to enthusiasts, and what not. This will do nothing. I mean, at least they could've added a slide along with the expansion! That's the part that angers me...it's just a wave pool and "action river"....what fun....not.

Read my mind. When I think waterpark expansion, I think new slides.

I just dont understand what CF is doing the last few years. WindSeekers at 5 parks, 3 waterparks have gotten the added wavepool addition not to mention 3 waterparks being named Soak City. And now DAs at 3 parks and I'm sure there are more to come. Where's the origionality?

Now you all will ciritcize me and say the GP doesnt care about what I just said but the fans are just as important as the GP. It's just a shame.

I just dont understand why we need 2 wavepools.

You know, I've always had difficulty understanding why a lot of waterparks have two wavepools too. But the thought just occured to me a few minutes ago that it's more than likely a safety thing. With as busy as the one wavepool gets, I'm sure it's much harder for the lifeguards to keep an eye on everyone and their safety. Spreading that group out to two wavepools would help them out and help make it safer for the guests.

While I have not been able to find anything on any of KI's site or FB page laying out exactly what they are getting. I can say that Action Rivers are a lot of fun. They were our favorite thing to do at Schlitterbahn when we were there in June.

I would have loved to have tried the one at Schlitterbahn when we were down there last year. It looked like a lot of fun when we were watching it from Master Blaster's tower.

Snowman, its not a new river, the old one is being converted.. you can read all about it on Kings Island's Soak City page.

I hope that's not the case. It's nice to have someplace to relax in the water, so keeping it and adding a new not-so-lazy river would be ideal to me.

I hope that Soak City remains free for pass holders and single day ticket holders as well! Otherwise, they could have some angry customers on their hands.

Some angry customers? If they did that, I predict thousands of angry customers. 23 years of including something "free with park admission" is a huge hurdle to overcome.

CoastersRZ.. from the Action River page:

Our Lazy River has been transformed into an Action River! You’ll experience new thrills as you ride an inner tube through flowing waters that wind their way around a 2,000-foot journey

Well, I'll wait to see it before I pass judgement on it then. If the transformation is like Schlitterbahn's, then I would have preferred an additional river. We'll see though. It will probably be somewhere between the two extremes.

Yeah, I see that now. I also see that admission into Soak City will be included with 2012 Gold Season passes.

Whew!

I would have liked to have seen a watercoaster, as it's one thing our waterpark truly lacks that seems to be popular with the crowds. Oh well, maybe in the next few years. I can always go over to HW since they'll have two next year.

Overall I like these additions. I just wish I had had time this summer to get over to BB. This is the first year in a long time that I haven't made it over there. (And yes I realize it's open 3 more days, but I have other plans that will keep me busy and away from KI this weekend).

^ They are trying to regionalize their parks. That way if you want to see DA and live in Michigan you don't have to drive 5+ hours and can drive to CP.

This is a good addition to the bottom line. Literally the bottom line. This will pay itself off next year alone, guaranteed. Look for a big ride to come in 2013 I'd imagine.

My family is huge fans in waterparks and used to visit BB almost every other weekend several years back but we hardly ever go there now if at all during a single year. # reason not much on there own but add them up and we ventured sadly elsewhere for our waterpark fun. First was it got stale with nothing new, second it was way overcrowded for our enjoyment and third believe it or not the music, to use it was not relaxing beach type music that we enjoyed other places.

This year I got three visits in at Cedar Point Soak City and none at Kings Island Boomerang Bay. I truly enjoyed CP SC and the two new addition attraction sound the same and my family loved them both. The wave pool is fun to do as a family and the wave whee much larger but in no way anything close to Typhoon Lagoons wave pool but we spent a lot of time there. The action river was fun and had a lot of interactive water features which was very fun, if I had to say anything about the one at CP i wish they did more with the landscaping around the river. The music at CP SC was enjoyable and beach type music. I look forward to more visits to CP SC.

Now have said all that there still is the issue of overcrowding for us at KI and after experiencing CP SC we enjoyed it so much and I think that was due to the fact it was not overwhelming with crowd size. It made our visit more enjoyable. I have said forever that i would want KI waterpark to always be free to dry side guests but know after doing CP SC i would rather KI water park be a separate gate. It kept the afternoon crowds away for those who where there for a day at the waterpark. I do not think KI would lose money as the dry side guest would still spend money over there. Two thought more on this I think it would be OK if KI charged a up price for daily visitors to help manage the crowds sizes. and two for gold pass holder could get 1-4 coupons when they purchase their passes to give them a choice to use them on say for Haunt, Dinosaurs Alive, Sling Shot or Soak City. I have thought this through and it seems to me it would help out the overcrowding and make visits to KI more enjoyable at times. I know what i say will not be very popular at first glance and I must say it took me a while to get here in thinking there maybe the crowd control and up charge for some of the extras should be looked at differently or at least considered through discussion.