The Beast

McSalsa

Well seeing how fast the SOB poll started getting votes and comments I will go ahead and create one for his dad. This one I have ridden, and will give my ratings:

FUN: Phenomenal. I loved The Beast.

PAIN-O-METER: No Pain for me...

HAUNTED?: Not Sure. I went for a night ride at 9:45 PM or so and saw nothing...it may have been too early though.

I have decided to create these polls of this kind in trios and am about to create one for Diamondback, as it would be the logical choice as it is brand new and already pretty famous. This poll and the SOB poll are not closed. Please rate and comment on these rides, let people know what you think of them!

I have decided to create these polls of this kind in trios and am about to create one for Diamondback, as it would be the logical choice as it is brand new and already pretty famous. This poll and the SOB poll are not closed. Please rate and comment on these rides, let people know what you think of them!

WHY would you close a poll? People join here everyday, and like to participate. Many also catch up with old posts. Their opinions, too, are valued.

I say it is a phenominal ride. There is a little pain associated with the ride, and I really don't know if The Beast is haunted.

I aboslutely love The Beast. It's probably my favorite. I rode it one night and it was only like 60* out and it started to rain slightly. We started going up the lift hill and it started raining hard. We abolutely flew around the tracks. I honestly felt like it was out of control. Riding with the rain hitting you in the face is very fun. The best part was the double helix. When we first entered the tunnel, it's like, "Oh yeah. A break from the rain!" When we came out, it felt like a sheet of water hit me in the face.... It was so cool B). Also, the best rides on The Beast come at night.

The best, no pain & not for sure if its haunted.... Like I said in the SOB poll, I think these 2 maybe a tie. Rode The Beast last night at 9:20 & got right back in line (had to wait till after the fireworks, of course) & then rode it again at 10:10, 1st seat, both times, thats a must! Had my daughter (jess) freakin cause I kept talking about "tower johnny"... Soooo cool!!! :o

• 3 weeks later...

The Beast helix was re tracked this year and is very smooth compaired to last year. The first helix on SOB needs some serious work to remove the pot holes. For The Beast, it would be cool to increase the banking on the first few turns, add some bunny hopps, and remove the brakes slowing it down. The first brake run could use some metel siding to make it a dark tunnel.

• 2 weeks later...

If the trim brakes in the shed were turned down, I would have called it phenomenal. Just kind of cruising through the tunnel ruins it for me. It's nowhere near as rough as SoB, but it is painful for me if I ride it too much- like RWW. After five or six times, I went over to marathon on BLSC (so sue me! I enjoy that ride) and Vortex. Still a fun ride, though.

Besides all the trims on the ride, it is an amazing ride. The feeling of being out in the middle of nowhere is sensational and the final helix is one of the greatest roller coaster finales of any out there. Plus the night ride is just pure coaster bliss. As for the roughness, it is just rough enough where it doesn't hurt but it makes you want much more. One of my top 10 coasters by far and it will always be.

I love The Beast, but I have to say the rides really seem to vary on it. Sometimes it feels way faster than others and even sitting in a middle or front row seat in a car, it feels bumpier sometimes more than others. I don't get to KI as much as a lot of you but I did make two trips in one week recently and Beast rode great the first trip and very disapointing the second (both rough and slow). Does time of day have anything to do with it? To me it seems to run better latter in the day. Night rides always rock, but so much when they don't have all those lights on.