Opening day weather forecast not looking so good

lopan

You simply can't trust the weather channel. WCPO is most accurate. Highs in the 60s, 40% chance of rain.

Not to get too far off-topic, but a quick question. What local station has the most accurate forecast consistently? I like the morning personalities on 12 the most, but living in northern Cincy, I often wonder if KY based stations are as precise as OH ones. Who has the most advanced weather system? Who's gonna say it's warm enough to ride???

I am going to be there regardless of what the weather is like. I know coming from Richmond Ky to the park on a day where it could be miserable sounds like a bad idea but I would not miss the excitement of opening day for anything.

I have mixed feelings on opening day bad weather. On the one hand, it would probably mean fewer visitors and shorter lines. On the other hand, I'd rather see Kings Island have a successful opening day for the 40th anniversary.

It's great that it was 80 in February and opening day is cold. Thanks, Cincinnati, for your completely unpredictable weather. I'll be there, either way.

Seconded about www.weather.gov. Forecasts are updated a few times a day and it's nice in that you can use pinpoint very specific spots by using the point and click feature on the maps. It's especially helpful if you're traveling to a location like Los Angeles or Denver where the weather can be very different in different parts of the city.

I'll be there opening day also. I'll probably head up early for ERT and then come back later on once crowds start to thin.

im in the dayton area and their 24/7 weather channel (7.2)is saying in the 50's pretty much everywhere from cinci to toledo so weather.com seems to be calling it way lower than anyone else. btw that was march the ki area was in the upper 80's not feb :-)

You simply can't trust the weather channel. WCPO is most accurate. Highs in the 60s, 40% chance of rain.

Not to get too far off-topic, but a quick question. What local station has the most accurate forecast consistently?

WLWT, apparently a few weeks ago they were rated Most Accurate, based on the best predictions in the past year.

Ew. I'm all for empty parks , but I'm happy that I won't be able to go Saturday . It looks like it will be terrible. If the low is 35 , that means that 10 it will most likely only be 40 or somewhere around there. Add in rain/wind, it will be feel like almost freezing !

I 'll be waiting until next Sunday.

I don't care how cold it is or how much rain there is, I'll be there. I have been in severe withdrawal since October, with only a small reprieve in mid-December, and I need a fix for my KI craving. Hell, I'll wait in a six-hour line for Flight of Fear if that's what it takes to get my fix.

Yes, kids, I'm addicted to Kings Island. And unlike cigarettes and drugs, this addiction is safe (for everything except your wallet).

• Like 1