Bee's at Planet Snoopy

josh4958

First if this is a repeat or duplicate then please lock and we can move on…:)

I was at the park with the family on 05-04-2012, when we were leaving there was a

Large swarm of Bee’s on the castle of Boo Blasters on Boo Hill, and in the trees near

Across from the First-Aid station ( Yes the irony ).

I am not posting this to bring a negative look on KI but to let parents know about the Bee’s, My daughter has allergies and I only want every on to go to KI and have a GREAT time.

Most of the bees I encounter at KI are carpenter bees. The hang near the wooden benches, and the drones are stingerless. I've never seen a queen come out of the bore, although they do have stingers. Agree with previous post though, contact guest relations. The squeaky wheel will get the grease!

Most of the bees I encounter at KI are carpenter bees. The hang near the wooden benches, and the drones are stingerless. I've never seen a queen come out of the bore, although they do have stingers. Agree with previous post though, contact guest relations. The squeaky wheel will get the grease!

I've been stung by a female, not fun as they don't have a detachable stinger, they will keep stinging you. And it hurts!! The feamles only usually around the nest.

I've been stung by a female, not fun as they don't have a detachable stinger, they will keep stinging you. And it hurts!! The feamles only usually around the nest.

yee-ouch! I have only had that experience with yellowjackets, which of course are much smaller.

They are all over Adventure Express' que area. I am severely afraid of bees lol

These are the ones that live in the benches outside Hank's. They're huge and get in your face - and if they have a yellow spot in the middle of their forhead they're carpenter bees. They're annoying but harmless (but make sure it's a carpenter and not a bumblebee - there are lots of pics online)

I don't really understand why they don't just caulk the females into the holes. Works great, the drones leave and the females just suffocate and die in the wood. No pesticides, no problem!

I don't really understand why they don't just caulk the females into the holes. Works great, the drones leave and the females just suffocate and die in the wood. No pesticides, no problem!

I did something like this on a few in my deck. After unsucesfully trying to spray them I mix up some powdered wood putty with a liquid insectecide and sealed them in. I figured If they made it out (they didn't) they wouldn't live long and not be back, and if they didn't make it out the holes were all ready set for refinishing the deck.

But in all seriousness, the bees are worst in line for The Beast I think. But as it's been pointed out, those are just carpenter bees, which I don't believe sting. I just have to tell myself they won't hurt me and make myself deal with it. I hate bees, almost as much as Nicolas Cage - and that can be interpreted two ways, both of which are true. I believe there is even someone around here who specializes in interpreting. ;)

Oh, and not to be a grammar nazi, but perhaps the grammar in the topic title could use a change. Being from Fairfield, my first thoughts seeing the title were that maybe Panda Express was being replaced, haha.

Now I want Chinese food.

But in all seriousness, the bees are worst in line for The Beast I think. But as it's been pointed out, those are just carpenter bees, which I don't believe sting. I just have to tell myself they won't hurt me and make myself deal with it. I hate bees, almost as much as Nicolas Cage - and that can be interpreted two ways, both of which are true. I believe there is even someone around here who specializes in interpreting. ;)

Oh, and not to be a grammar nazi, but perhaps the grammar in the topic title could use a change. Being from Fairfield, my first thoughts seeing the title were that maybe Panda Express was being replaced, haha.

Now I want Chinese food.

Hello fellow Fairfield-ian! :D

I've never noticed any big swarms of bees there but I'll be paying more attention this year. I never seem to get through a summer without a sweat bee sting, though.

• 4 months later...

Oh God, the beeeeeees.

But seriously, we stopped for lunch in the Coney Mall section, near Skyline. The bees were horrible. Yellowjackets everywhere. Had to keep our cup closed and they swarmed our LaRosa's pizza..getting in the grease (weird). My kids spent the better part of our meal freaking out and doing a little bee dance. I'm sorry if you had to witness that, :P

• Like 1