When did they sell out the park 2 additional Sundays

khaoskat

This is the normal timeframe the park is bought out. You have had all summer to go to the park, so you missed your chance I suppose. Call the park for a definite answer though.

By the way, it doesn't matter if you go to Cedar Point or Kings Island. You're going to spend money. FUN doesn't care what park of theirs you choose to spend it.

Yea, but if they keep this up, we wont renew for next year. Our park days are Sundays because it is the only day we don't have things to do on.

We had plans for a friend and his daughter to go with us on 9/23 and it was the only day available. When I checked a few weeks both Sundays were open.

KI keeps this up, it will start loosing customers. We have hardly gone this year, and it makes spending almost $1,000 for tickets not worth it for us any longer.

Kings Island has had private events in September ever since they opened in 1972. It has been 3 weekends with GE and P&G being the largest companies among others to sell out the park. It is not like the park all of a sudden decided to have private events all of a sudden. Also, the park is open Friday night (September 21st) from 6PM to 1AM and open Saturday (September 22) from 7PM to 1AM after being closed to the general public during the day.

Yea, but if they keep this up, we wont renew for next year. Our park days are Sundays because it is the only day we don't have things to do on.

We had plans for a friend and his daughter to go with us on 9/23 and it was the only day available. When I checked a few weeks both Sundays were open.

KI keeps this up, it will start loosing customers. We have hardly gone this year, and it makes spending almost $1,000 for tickets not worth it for us any longer.

and the $$ they get from P&G will makeup for the loss of the passes.

• Like 1

Kings Island has had private events in September ever since they opened in 1972. It has been 3 weekends with GE and P&G being the largest companies among others to sell out the park. It is not like the park all of a sudden decided to have private events all of a sudden. Also, the park is open Friday night (September 21st) from 6PM to 1AM and open Saturday (September 22) from 7PM to 1AM after being closed to the general public during the day.

Due to the fact that the people we are bringing have to run a Martial Arts Competition on Saturday, going out that late on a Friday night with getting up around 6 am is not adviseable, and the last two years the competition and clean up have taken until about 8 or 9 pm on Saturday. Hence the reason Sunday was decided upon.

Additionally, they are going for the rides, so we wanted to go when rides were generally not closed due to staffing issues.

Yes, I understand it is something that they do (we have had passes for 10 years). But earlier (and I had a previous discussion about Friday vs Saturday on the boards), 9/23 was open all day. I also know that 9/30 was open because we looked at when we could make our annual fall trip to CP around 2 other marital arts competitions.

But it is frustrating that they had been advertising as open those days, and now they have sold out the park and will be closed to the general public after advertising all summer otherwise.

You are assuming it is P&G. I will check with a friend as they are employees of P&G and see when their KI event is.

You are assuming it is P&G. I will check with a friend as they are employees of P&G and see when their KI event is.

Actually he is not assuming, If you looked on Kings Island's park webcams during the day today, There was clearly a sign on the Eiffel Tower that said "P&G" :mellow:

Actually he is not assuming, If you looked on Kings Island's park webcams during the day today, There was clearly a sign on the Eiffel Tower that said "P&G" :mellow:

I was under the impression he was saying 9/23 and 9/30 were sold out to P&G, not today. I know P&G does annual days as well as GE and Gay Pride Day.

Our park days are Sundays because it is the only day we don't have things to do on.

Must not be a Football guy. I'd never go to a park on a Sunday during Football season.

No, not really sports people for Football or Baseball. I do watch it at times, but it is not a do or die thing for me. Plus we are usually gone by 2 or 3 (depending upon park opening time), since we have two kids who nap usually in the afternoons.

Until management discovered what a cash cow Holloween could be, the park was only open to the public for three operating days after Labor Day-the last Sunday in September and the first weekend in October before closing for the season. I think KI saw how successful the Holloween events were at CP before following suit.

• Like 1

Please read the previous posts before yours. The OP was not disputing that the park has sell outs or that the park shouldn't have sell outs. He took issue with the fact that those days had previously been advertised as open and that the information on different sources was conflicting.

• Like 2

The park is open 9/23. Hours are from 11am until 7pm.

I knew it! :D

Of course, I checked the website, both yesterday AND today...

Lots of people are like that apparently. Sundays in Oct, one can ride until they pass out. Most everything is a walk on.

I loooove going in October! On 10/02/2011, the lines were so short that I stayed on Diamondback 10 straight times, and on Vortex, I rode it 9 times straight.

Can't wait for this October. I'm sure those lines will be short again! :)

• Like 1