Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

I was at the park yesterday and have an interesting photo to share. It appears one of the triangular footers has been removed from behind slingshot.

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/Justiflyer/library/?sort=3&page=1

FoF96", I really hope you don't mind that I snagged a screenshot of your photo, but it's the best one I can find to use for my question. If you don't want me to use it, please let me know and I'll be happy to edit this comment and remove it.

So here's my question:

In the area I've circled, is it safe to assume these two rectangular footers could be at the base of the lifthill where the lift's motor would be mounted?

fof96picturebase.jpg

I thought those footers were removed? I'm confused now.

I was at the park yesterday and have an interesting photo to share. It appears one of the triangular footers has been removed from behind slingshot.

http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/Justiflyer/library/?sort=3&page=1

FoF96", I really hope you don't mind that I snagged a screenshot of your photo, but it's the best one I can find to use for my question. If you don't want me to use it, please let me know and I'll be happy to edit this comment and remove it.

So here's my question:

In the area I've circled, is it safe to assume these two rectangular footers could be at the base of the lifthill where the lift's motor would be mounted?

fof96picturebase.jpg

I'm not sure anything is "safe" to assume but lets take a little looksy at the base of Diamondback's lift hill during its construction.

IMG_2265.jpg

Based upon what i see here, that's probably not the base of a lift hill.

^Shawn, why would they build new footers...then turn around and remove them?

Based upon what i see here, that's probably not the base of a lift hill.

Okay, thanks. I honestly wasn't sure. Any idea why they would build parallel rectangular footers like that?

KI just tweeted an arial picture of the construction site with a caption "field of dreams". It looks almost identical to the one posted here a page or two ago.

According to the "Banshee" coaster hints, this will be the "Field of Screams".

• Like 2

To those who think they removed a triangular footer, they have not. The triangle form is either the form for another footer or the one that is already there. They would not make a footer and then remove it unless there is something wrong with the first one.

• Like 2

I was at the park yesterday and have an interesting photo to share. It appears one of the triangular footers has been removed from behind slingshot.http://s1298.photobucket.com/user/Justiflyer/library/?sort=3&page=1

FoF96", I really hope you don't mind that I snagged a screenshot of your photo, but it's the best one I can find to use for my question. If you don't want me to use it, please let me know and I'll be happy to edit this comment and remove it. So here's my question: In the area I've circled, is it safe to assume these two rectangular footers could be at the base of the lifthill where the lift's motor would be mounted? fof96picturebase.jpg
No problem! You have credit and that's all that matters

Onto the previous post about the footers from yesterday, it was I that posted about that. I said it appears as though one of the triangle footers was removed, it could have also just been a marker that was confused with a footer in a previous photo that was to be placed later. Either that, or if a footer was there and was then removed, it could have POSSIBLY been built/placed wrong, but I have no knowledge of construction and do not know the reason, if it was removed.

Shawn, I don't really think they removed a footer. I just don't think it's actually been poured yet. If you look at this photo by Oldiesmann, you'll see a triangular shape with what appears to be tie rods sticking up in the corners. It looks like they poured a triangle-shaped foundation in the ground. There's grass in the middle of it, but when you look at the most recent ones the grass is gone and it looks like the inside of the triangle has been dug out. To me, that simply indicates they are going to be filling it in soon with concrete.

From what I have seen, there building a new area with new rides. This area where footings are being place could be for new flat rides and stores. This land is way too much for one coaster.This would cost more than 30 million $, maybe even 40 million$. I believe there will be a new roller coaster where SOB was. It's most likely not B&M, but if it was a B&M of some kind it should be a stand-up. I was riding Riddler's Revenge a Six Flags Magic Mountain and thought about how long ago it was that B&M built a stand-up. Also Riddler's Revenge is the world's longest, tallest, and fastest stand-up and it's held this record for 15 years. I would like too see a taller, faster, smoother stand-up. If KI gets a stand-up it will be the only new stand-up for 2014. This would cause alot of people to ride it. It would also be similar to how they themed SOB off of the The Beast. Maybe it's time for Son of Cobra. I do believe theres a chance that this could happen, but I believe it would most likely be a Rocky Mountain looping wood coaster to take on SOB's special feature. For those who say if they were going to this they wouldn't have taken down SOB. I think this ride if wooden could be taller and faster, plus the lift hill could be in another area. I do remember hearing from Rocky Mountain that,"other sets of trains Gen 2, Gen 3 etc. as needed to accommodate our innovative new coasters that are on the horizon. Stay tuned........". It could be small like Outlaw Run, so theres the chance of two coasters.10 million $ for a wood coaster and another 10-15 million $ for another coaster, plus the new land.

• Like 1

From what I have seen, there building a new area with new rides. This area where footings are being place could be for new flat rides and stores. This land is way too much for one coaster.This would cost more than 30 million $, maybe even 40 million$. I believe there will be a new roller coaster where SOB was. It's most likely not B&M, but if it was a B&M of some kind it should be a stand-up. I was riding Riddler's Revenge a Six Flags Magic Mountain and thought about how long ago it was that B&M built a stand-up. Also Riddler's Revenge is the world's longest, tallest, and fastest stand-up and it's held this record for 15 years. I would like too see a taller, faster, smoother stand-up. If KI gets a stand-up it will be the only new stand-up for 2014. This would cause alot of people to ride it. It would also be similar to how they themed SOB off of the The Beast. Maybe it's time for Son of Cobra. I do believe theres a chance that this could happen, but I believe it would most likely be a Rocky Mountain looping wood coaster to take on SOB's special feature. For those who say if they were going to this they wouldn't have taken down SOB. I think this ride if wooden could be taller and faster, plus the lift hill could be in another area. I do remember hearing from Rocky Mountain that,"other sets of trains Gen 2, Gen 3 etc. as needed to accommodate our innovative new coasters that are on the horizon. Stay tuned........". It could be small like Outlaw Run, so theres the chance of two coasters.10 million $ for a wood coaster and another 10-15 million $ for another coaster, plus the new land.

Welcome to the site.

It's not going to be a wood coaster. There would be a lot more footers closer together than what we're seeing in the construction photos. But I agree with your desire to see another standup at KI. They should have replaced King Cobra years ago.

• Like 4