Starting to Decode 2014

BoddaH1994

Some of you don't understand PR/marketing. I truly do not think Don is tweeting to directly throw off KIC members. Not at all. You must understand, he's tweeting to everybody...casual fans and park guest, other parks management (I'm sure they're excited as well), news/media outlets, enthusiasts and the like...It's not just for KIC. Good marketing covers all your bases.

So, with that conclusion...I believe Don is being very CLEAR in his post. This is without a doubt a wing coaster. The point of hinting "wing it" in a tweet should be extremely obvious to enthusiasts and KIC members...but the general public may not "get it". Any tease/hint worth doing must be able to be solved by the general public. I believe that's who it's intended for. I highly doubt the park is even thinking of KIC at the moment when it comes to teases, marketing, etc. etc.

Marketing 101 people...the casual shopper pays the bills, market accordingly.

The only questions left answering should be the name of the ride, the colors, the specs, the layout, the records it will break, etc. But this is a wing coaster, Don has made that clear.

-T. Forsaken

Can't say I'm an expert on PR, but Don has tweeted things directly aimed at KIC thru this project several times.

Sometimes they are as simple as "KICentral keeps going round and round" or "the people at KICentral would love to see the art project I've been working on" (paraphrasing can't recall the exact tweet)

Sometimes they are little more "inside baseball" like on the day the put up the breast cancer displays and Don had thrown out several vague tweets geeting KIC all giddy that track was going to be on site, someone mentioned in this very thread something about apples or "how bout them apples". It was approx. 15 minutes later that Don tweeted a picture of an apple at their fresh fruit stand. To the non KIC tweet follower, that was simply an ad for their fresh fruit stand. For someone following KIC at the time, it was a clear response to this thread and the 2014 speculation. It was a brillant mix of park advertising w/ insider meaning that only a handful (or however large KIC is) would understand.

Real or not, that website didn't become available for 30 minutes on accident. It was either a diversion, or the a quick show of what the new ride was going to be to help drive some more buzz.

Or perhaps a 3rd motive, KI used this opportunity to gauge what the reaction would be for a future wing coaster named The Bat. I don't think many would be thrilled w/ SOB the revenge right now, but its pretty obvious that most are all right, if not down right giddy w/ a future ride paying homage back to the short lived Bat.

• Like 4

STOP! DECODING IN PROCESS:

Ok.... I thought I would shine a little light on this "website" subject. I am a Graphic Designer, as well as a Web Designer/Developer so I thought maybe I could try to decode some of this for everyone.

^This, in its entirety, is fake. The train on the track is Gatekeeper just colored in orange, Photoshop anyone? Look at the front of the train, it is identical to the front end of Gatekeeper. The Bat logo is something a Graphic Designer created. Could it be for the ride? Maybe. That, although debatable among many so far, would take a considerable amount of time to create. No where do I mean a long time, but it would take quite a few hours to make just to have it up for only a few hours, or however long this part of the site was up. The background of the logo is, however, Gatekeeper again. Ill leave it at that. Could the statistics be correct? Possibly. Many have asked what the "Lorem ipsum dolor sir amet, in has persius......" etc is. Well that is simply filler text. Web design programs, such as Dreamweaver, have a simple command where you can insert filler text into an area. This is typically done in the design faze to make sure the website is working correctly and the pictures/images show up as wanted. That is all this is. This is going to be the new coaster page, but the things that are on there now are just for fooling us and getting things stirred up - IMO.

*I wish I would of saw this when it was up, I would of liked to get into the heart of the page, ie. view the source code of the page. I could of read through a page or 2 of code and saw if there were any hidden things inside the code that would point to one thing or another. Don, if you would be so kind (batty eyes an all - see what I did there) would you please put it back up for an hour for one web developer/designer :P

I am with you that the site was a throw off. FUN uses WDDonline for their web design, but the majority of the content is done in-house.

They use a WYSIWYG editor, so changing the CSS on the background is easily done, the page template probably was used for multiple other rides, and the FPO images were just for that, Placement.

Time taken to create this was likely just a few hours total, and yes I am sure it was done on purpose after the Gatekeeper incident. The page could have been tested with any URL.

The wing coaster doesn't fit the layout of the station or storage shed.

• Like 1

Ahhh, yes. A new pi$$ing match between the self proclaimed experts. Swell.

You're ... a hot dog.

Yer blind, that's a smoked sausage.

I call 'em as I see 'em, and that's a hot dog.

Come Thursday at 10pm, we'll get the mmmmmmmmmmmm...

Bennett, who misses Riverfront Stadium.

• Like 10

Just rename Flight Deck to The Bat. Much better name and logo.

You might be onto something there. With a Banshee theme not fitting into the Action Zone, could we be seeing an Action Zone retheme to more a more spooky theme. Dare i say "amusement dark". Flight deck becomes The Bat. They could fairly easily change the old carrier walk through into a cave theme. With some paint and new signs the rest of the area could easily be rethemed as well.

• Like 9

I never said Don has never tweeted directly to KIC before...just stating that every tweet isn't directly teased to KIC. I believe, the "wing it" was not a direct tease to KIC.

What will be interesting the route KI takes on the name. I do like "The Bat" as the name of the new ride, paying homage to classic always scores points in my book. But let's say it's not the name of the ride...could it be the rumored "Banshee"? Or "Vampire"?...or some play of words that none of us have seen yet.

Either way, come the 8th the only thing I know that will happen, guaranteed, is everybody won't see it coming. I'm pretty sure KI still has a curve ball to throw and they won't throw it until the media announcement.

-T. Forsaken

PS: I didn't know there were engineering experts on KIC that could read blueprints from a Youtube video. When clearly heights and ground levels aren't indicated in the blueprints that would effect footer placement. ;)

That had better have been awesome...because .mil network has it blocked :D

There's no earthly way of knowing.... Which direction we are going.... Theres no knowing where we're rowing,

Or which way the rivers flowing.... Is it raining? Is it snowing? Is a hurricane a-blowing? Not a speck of light is showing, so the danger must be growing! Are the fires of Hell a-glowing? Is the grisly reaper mowing? Yes! The danger must be growing, for the rowers keep on rowing!!!

And they're certainly not showing any signs that they are slowing­!

From WW and the C factory.

• Like 3

I just can't wait from speculation to start talking about construction, elements, and overall excitement for 2014

I still find it hilarious that I will not have a chance to ride this in 2014 as I'll be in Guam for 4 years...this is my last coaster season for a few years or unless I come home on leave anytime soon

Be careful that the island doesn't tilt off and sink into the ocean :)

PS: I didn't know there were engineering experts on KIC that could read blueprints from a Youtube video. When clearly heights and ground levels aren't indicated in the blueprints that would effect footer placement. ;)

Don't need to be an engineering expert to read footer locations in a picture and compare it to every B&M coaster ever to know that the cars will be hanging under the track on the new ride.

• Like 3

:blink:Brilliant, RailRider!

That makes so much sense it's not even funny! The only thing that could replace The Bat would be.......... Flight Deck.

Now I understand 'Diversion."

What if the possible AZ makeover included a rebirth of The Bat (flight deck)....how cool would that be!!!

• Like 1

Just wanted to add, I just drove by CSF. The flatbed loaded out front looks like it's loaded with purple supports, not blue to me.

Are they new round supports or the same squared off ones that have been posted in pics here before?

You might be onto something there. With a Banshee theme not fitting into the Action Zone, could we be seeing an Action Zone retheme to more a more spooky theme. Dare i say "amusement dark". Flight deck becomes The Bat. They could fairly easily change the old carrier walk through into a cave theme. With some paint and new signs the rest of the area could easily be rethemed as well.

I think you're onto something here. I mentioned "Amusement Dark" a long time ago...

I think you're onto something here. I mentioned "Amusement Dark" a long time ago...

On mobile so can't fin the link but cf did file a tm for amusement dark. A lot of people assumed it was for a haunt but this seems more likely.

On mobile so can't fin the link but cf did file a tm for amusement dark. A lot of people assumed it was for a haunt but this seems more likely.

YES!! Here you go! I posted it last week.

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2013/04/a-curious-new-cedar-fair-trademark.html

I was thinking the same thing about Flight Deck becoming The Bat, along with an Action Zone retheme...

Amusement Dark, though, still doesn't seem like the most likely candidate for a freshened AZ...

The Hallows? The Graveyard? Black Forest?

I was thinking the same thing about Flight Deck becoming The Bat, along with an Action Zone retheme...

Amusement Dark, though, still doesn't seem like the most likely candidate for a freshened AZ...

The Hallows? The Graveyard? Black Forest?

Halloween Zone, Spooky Zone, Haunted Zone. Night of the living Zone. Okay ill stop.

• Like 1

^^ Are you sure they aren't indigo?

If you have seen them at the plant....(from the road of course) they look blue and glow purple in the sun....really wouldn't it be cool if it were glow in the dark paint? (I know....too expensive....