Banshee Construction Progress

IndyGuy4KI

As long as your not on private property you can take and post photos, paparazzi do the same thing with celebs. The way I see it, we (the users), are the paparazzi taking photos and bringing more media attention to the park, which last time I checked is a great thing. Not sure why the park is being so negative about photos of the park that are taken from outside the property. It's not Area 51. It's a park in the middle of a populated part of Cincinnati.

Also the park does not own GWL, the park may have asked that no photos be taken from the hotel, they do not have that authority. It's the same when I took photos of Firehawk construction before it was announced, that's pubic airspace, other than government buildings or private airspace under certain conditions can legally say that any flight over or photography is prohibited.

• Like 10

I was going to drive down with my parents in a few weeks to make sure I could make the drive in one piece. I had planned to pull over near the park (not on the property) and just get a few shots of Banshee, testing or not. Is it just testing photos that aren't allowed or any photos of it period now? I'm a tad confused. Though whatever you don't want me to post I'll respect and won't post.

But I woke up at 2 today (I work third shift and had to work last night, it was only 6 hours, don't judge) to find that it's testing after having a dream that I was driving around Kings Island on maintenance roads (I have NO IDEA why I was on them or how I got on them, it was a dream, don't question it, it'll never make any sense. :P ) and came across Banshee as it was testing and flipped out with excitement and nearly wrecked my car. I then woke up...and it REALLY WAS testing! Best way I could have found this out! :D Really helped it sink in that this is actually happening!

EDIT: Forgot to add, those trains look a tad wider than most invert trains I think. Personally I think it looks really awesome but that's just me.

• Like 4

I don't get why posting pictures you have taken legally isn't allowed. Im not going up there so it doesn't have to do with me I just don't get why they would care about those.

According to Ryan on the last page, the park asked that unofficial pictures of Banshee testing not be shared here, even if taken from an area that you are authorized to be in. This site has a long-standing partnership with the park, and the park has made this simple request regarding photos.

Presumably, the park wishes that the official photos/video being prepared are what get published - not some unofficial photo taken by a KICentral member from Great Wolf Lodge.

Additionally, some photos taken from authorized areas could encourage others to venture into unauthorized areas. You might know the boundaries, but not everyone who reads this site does.

You're free to take pictures from areas that you are authorized to be in, but please heed park requests as to what gets shared on this site.

• Like 4

Just drove by a few times and just parked...nothing major no testing..

And whoever beat me to it you're correct this isn't Area 51...what if me and a buddy fly out of the airport by 35..you gamma control the airspace too KI?

Last I checked webcams are still up too, want to be secretive, take the cams down and don't talk about testing lol

This is ridiculous..people took pics of Gatekeeper testing from the lake pier, no issues..

Again this harp on KIC crap is annoying and need to end. Last I checked this is Kings Island Central..not Cedar Fair Central

• Like 8

Again the park has "requested", so if someone does post a photo from GWL and they had permission from the hotel just remember they did nothing wrong. Don't attack any individual that may post a photo today because I bet you there are some right now from this site getting photos from off park grounds.

Personally I find the webcam shots to be sufficient enough although I would love to be up in my plane right now seeing testing from the air. Also to answer any questions, no , KI does not control airspace.

• Like 4

I agree This site has changed so much during the years, and some of the changes are not positive ones. I don't see how Kings Island can tell us you can't post pictures to this site that were not even taken on Kings Island's property. Last I checked this is a Kings Island fan site not ran by Kings Island or even owned by Kings Island, but it is what it is.

• Like 7

And whoever beat me to it you're correct this isn't Area 51...what if me and a buddy fly out of the airport by 35..you gamma control the airspace too KI?

The request was to not share personal photos here. Rent a plane, book a room at GWL, and/or use a telephoto lens for your personal collection - they just don't want unofficial pictures of Banshee testing here.

Additionally, those attending Media Day should be extra receptive to requests from the park. They're inviting you to a media event to ride before everyone else - so do what you can to be a help, not an annoyance. This applies before and during the Media Day event.

But those that do get pictures if some are on their way post them..then no media day for themselves or KIC

No one is entitled to attend Media Day. The park has invited media, as well as select groups of enthusiasts. If someone can't abide by a simple request not to post an image, it stands to reason that the park wouldn't want this individual representing the park on Media Day.

• Like 5

nope. I take it back. She's going up the hill now!

edit: sorry for double post

edit2: that first drop!!! Ohhhh man that's gonna be so awesome!!!

2nizla9.jpg

Image captured from Kings Island's live Banshee webcam, which can be found here or here

• Like 7