Bonfante Gardens

I read somewhere that Bonante Gardens is owned and managed by Paramount Parks, how long have they owned this park and is their any chance of it being labeled an "official" paramount park? I checked it out on RCDB and it said it had 2 coasters, one seemed like a kiddy coaster and the other seemed like an Adventure Express ride that had about the same intensity (judging from the pictures Id say those are the same cars Arrow used on AE) Is Paramount considering adding this to their list of parks? Maybe add a themed coaster or two and some other attractions, although it would be a big cost it would be cool to have another park under our belts. I know Star Trek Experience is considered a paramount park.

Paramount's Kings Island

Paramount's Kings Dominion

Paramount's Carowinds

Paramount's Canada's Wonderland

Paramount's Great America

Paramount's Star Trek: The Experience

Paramount's Bonfante Gardens

seems quite impressive eh? If they did turn BG into a Paramount park would that give us more parks than Cedar Fair?

I read somewhere that Bonante Gardens is owned and managed by Paramount Parks, how long have they owned this park and is their any chance of it being labeled an "official" paramount park? I checked it out on RCDB and it said it had 2 coasters, one seemed like a kiddy coaster and the other seemed like an Adventure Express ride that had about the same intensity (judging from the pictures Id say those are the same cars Arrow used on AE) Is Paramount considering adding this to their list of parks? Maybe add a themed coaster or two and some other attractions, although it would be a big cost it would be cool to have another park under our belts. I know Star Trek Experience is considered a paramount park.

Paramount's Kings Island

Paramount's Kings Dominion

Paramount's Carowinds

Paramount's Canada's Wonderland

Paramount's Great America

Paramount's Star Trek: The Experience

Paramount's Bonfante Gardens

seems quite impressive eh? If they did turn BG into a Paramount park would that give us more parks than Cedar Fair?

From what I was tould Bonfante Gardens is managed by Paramount Parks not owned. You can use your Gold Pass to get in for free to Bonfante Gardens. The park is down the road from Great America about 5 miles a part. I did not visit I just drove by on my way out west.

From what I've heard, Bonfante Gardens is a beautiful park, but not much for rides and attractions. (I've always figured it was kind of like the "old" Cypress Gardens.) The guy (whose last name in Bonfante) built it with his own money because it had always been his dream to build his own park. (I think he owns a chain of grocery stores if I recall correctly...)

Despite opening to rave reviews for its themeing and landscaping, the park didn't bring in the crowds necessary. It came very close to closing, until Paramount came in to take over the management contract. (Due to their economies of scale from owning the other parks, Paramount Parks could really reduce park operating costs. Not to mention their marketing power with PGA just around the corner.) To be honest, Paramount Parks really saved that park...

Of course, I'm sure their motives weren't 100% alturistic. The last thing they wanted was another park operator moving in (i.e., SF or CF), expanding the park, and competing directly with PGA. So, I guess it worked out best for everyone smile.gif

Joel

Well, first of all, Viacom may no longer be looking into selling the Paramount Parks, after the reorganization of the company into two seperate companies next year. Once that happens, Paramount Parks will be a strategic player in the slow growth company.

Bonfante Gardens, as has been mentioned before is managed by Paramount Parks. Bonfante is also a not-for profit park. From all accounts I`ve heard, Paramount Parks has been a life saver to this park and has really turned it around. I doubt it will be changed to a Paramount Park unless PP purchases it. I do think PP will get a renewal to their management contract though.

Paramount Parks also manage/operate Star Trek the Experience in Las Vegas and CBS Television City. They do not own Star Trek the Experience, they jointly own it with the Las Vegas Hilton and hence the reason why it is not included free with Paramount Parks season passes. Not sure if the new park being developed in China (or is it Japan) will be managed or partly owned by Paramount Parks.

Not sure if the new park being developed in China (or is it Japan) will be managed or partly owned by Paramount Parks.

My understanding is that it will be a situation similar to the Tokyo Disneyland/Oriental Land Company deal, where an investment company will actually own the park (or majority of it), and Paramount Parks will design & manage it. (I imagine Viacom will have some limited ownership as well...)

Joel