Labor Day?

quiswifey

Well, it will most likely be busy simply because it is the last weekend of the "summer" season. The season pass issue is one that will become more evident in the coming months. Paramount has traditionally offered the following season`s season passes beginning towards the middle of August. Cedar Fair has not offered passes until the offseason.

And Paramount Parks has processed those passes during the remainder of the season, and let new buyers use them for the remainder of the season and the following season. Cedar Fair does not process passes the season before, rather they sell vouchers...which at some parks CAN be bought before the season ends, but they can be neither processed nor used until just before the new season begins.

Always makes a trip to Knotts interesting. Some years they will let you in on an unprocessed voucher (which technically they are not supposed to), others they make you buy a Knotts Season Pass (or try to) and tell you to get a refund on your voucher from, say, Cedar Point. Knott's won't issue the refund, and the Cedar Point voucher may take up to a year and a half to get a refund (don't ask me how I know this). And the line to get a voucher processed at the beginning of the season at Cedar Point can easily be three hours if you are lucky to six if you are not. Welcome to Cedar Fair's idea of customer service, at least when it comes to admissions and pass processing.

I have said it before and I will say it again. Paramount Parks did quite a few things right, some better than anyone else in the industry (season pass processing is one of them). People ARE going to miss Paramount Parks.

Or maybe Cedar Fair WILL wisely adopt some of Paramount Parks' best practices. Time will tell.

And the line to get a voucher processed at the beginning of the season at Cedar Point can easily be three hours if you are lucky to six if you are not.  Welcome to Cedar Fair's idea of customer service, at least when it comes to admissions and pass processing.

The season pass processing the first week of the season opening just plain stinks. The only nice thing is that the process stand will open one or two weeks before opening day, but, unless you live in the metropolis the is the greater Sandusky area, there is a drive involved. Many have complained that the process center is just way too small, but CP has not done anything about this. And the real kicker is, even if you buy a voucher prior to the season, it still saves no time in getting processed.

Or, go the day before opening day, check into your hotel, go to the season pass center, get processed, and then take a trip on the Jet Express from Catawba Island, and spend the rest of your night at Put-in-Bay.

... not that I have ever done this. wink.gif

Or, go the day before opening day, check into your hotel, go to the season pass center, get processed, and then take a trip on the Jet Express from Catawba Island, and spend the rest of your night at Put-in-Bay.

My Gosh!

I have not been to Put-in-Bay since I was in college.

How is the place these days?

And the line to get a voucher processed at the beginning of the season at Cedar Point can easily be three hours if you are lucky to six if you are not.  Welcome to Cedar Fair's idea of customer service, at least when it comes to admissions and pass processing.

The season pass processing the first week of the season opening just plain stinks. The only nice thing is that the process stand will open one or two weeks before opening day, but, unless you live in the metropolis the is the greater Sandusky area, there is a drive involved. Many have complained that the process center is just way too small, but CP has not done anything about this. And the real kicker is, even if you buy a voucher prior to the season, it still saves no time in getting processed.

Or, better yet, if you are an existing season pass holder, and you want to renew your pass, you can simply mail your vouchers to the park during winter/early spring, and they send you...

Your pass. With your picture on it. No more hassle.

However, it's possible they will adopt some of the Paramount stuff. I doubt they're going to downsize Kings Island's season pass processing center.

My Gosh!

I have not been to Put-in-Bay since I was in college.

How is the place these days?

Well it is not a cheap time by any means. There are more hotels for guests to stay on the island and most of the newer rooms are about $200/ night. But it is Put-in-Bay and if you bring friends then splitting the room is cheap. I am the best man in a wedding next year & I have reserved a room that sleeps 8 people and the cost per person is about $120 for the weekend.

The island is much more commercialized now, so from one point of view it is better, the downside being much more people.

It's the cost of *spirits* where they really get you.