Beast 25th Anniversary Video

kinserman11

Hello, it's me again

I was wondering if any members on this site recorded The Beast 25th anniversary video during 2004. I watched this video in line during my visit to the park in 2004 but couldn't see well because of the glare, and couldn't hear any of it either. If anyone has this video, could we work out a deal where you could record it on tape or dvd and send it to me, we could work out a fee for your services.

Thanks,

J.W. Elliott

The video was for sale during the 2004 season in the parks gift shops, hopefully someone has the video and would be willing to make copies for a price. However, I personally have no desire EVER to see that video again. 2005 was my final year working at the park and my home ride was The Beast, i have that video memorized.

laugh.gif

The year was 1979...

...disco was still hot...

...Americans were watching Dallas on television....

....and Monday Night Footballl

...while at the silver screen star trek was making its debut...

...and in a small corner of souther ohio...

...Something BIG was happening....

...something huge....

...a monster...

...it could only be called The Beast...

...and this is its story!

Oh and I can go on MUCH longer.

The video was for sale during the 2004 season in the parks gift shops, hopefully someone has the video and would be willing to make copies for a price. However, I personally have no desire EVER to see that video again. 2005 was my final year working at the park and my home ride was The Beast, i have that video memorized.

laugh.gif

The year was 1979...

...something huge....

...a monster...

"IT'S The Beast! IT'S A BEAST OF A RIDE!!!" -Beast 25th video

laugh.gif

The year was 1979...

...something huge....

...a monster...

Maybe you could videotape yourself reciting the whole thing and sell it on ebay. biggrin.gif

/\ Is it widescreen? Dolby Digital? Director Commentary?

I don't believe it is widescreen - but the director's unrivaled genius can be seen in the great shots, and the quality of the editing! It is far better than any of those Cedar Point commercials disguised as Discovery Channel programs. laugh.gif

I don't have the ability to copy DVDs - besides I don't think the person who originally gave it to me would be at all amused.

At BeastBuzz that year we watched the movie in the Paramount Theater. If I remember right, Jeff Siebert announced that they could not sell the complete video because the park did not have the rights to the old Beast commercial that was in it. I also believe that the first place winners that year each got a free copy.

As a side-note, I would rather own the Brady Bunch parody video...that one was great!

because the park did not have the rights to the old Beast commercial that was in it

LOL who else would have the rights to a Beast commercial?

The video is on the PKI Ace Collector's Edition DVD. Other videos on the DVD are the Son of Beast Blair Witch parody from the 1999-2000 timeframe, the National Geographic Explorer parody that was a promo for TRTR, and the Brady Bunch KI episode parody that was a promo for IJ.

Well, if I recall, The Beast commercial was an animated commercial. When they created it, the animator might have had some sort of royalty agreement. By default then, if the park were to sell a video with the commercial in it, the creator of the commercial would logically want to see some reimbursment. Not sure if this was the particular case with this commercial though.