Length of Track: 4,520 ft

Time of Ride:2 Min. 45 Sec.

Size of 1st Hill: 295 feet

Tunnels: 3 (2 long and 1 short)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a marketing standpoint, that would be kind of a bad decision. The ride looks wonderful, but you have 6 inversions in there, and typically if you have inversions it influences half of your ridership (mainly not to ride).

I think the days of the monsters are unfortunately over...

Top Gun is fun. Short and sweet. If they did anything to it they should get Vekoma to lengthen it. take out the turn at the top of the lift hill and make a new drop leading into the expansion. Then there should be a second lift hill leading into the old first drop. This should definitely increase ridership. Many other Arrow suspendeds have two lift hills. They could even replace the trains with Vekoma's floorless suspended swinging trains.

The Beast is old. There are days you can walk-on. The Racers are old. It's ALWAYS walk-on.. at least from the days I've been there. I have never walked-on Top Gun. EVER. Sure, some paint and theming would do wonders. But as it's one of a few of that type of coaster, I doubt it'd go anywhere.

deb

Top Gun should be re-themed, and get alot of track added and maybe get inverted trains so it could have an inversion [barrel roll].

Now back to the topic...

Name: Grizzely Wolfe

Ride: Hyper Twister Roller Coaster

Speed: 94mph.

Inversions: 1 [immelman]

Height: 325ft.

Lift Hills: 1

Color of Track: A rusty red with silver supports.

Color of Trains: Rusty colors, wide cars [4 abreast]

Height of 1st Drop: 300ft. tall

Tunnels: 2

Special Features: Fog and special lighting

Top gun is old.

It is no longer one of the main attrations in the park.

Top Gun is in no need to be torn down. If memory serves me correctly as well, the area it's in isn't the ideal place to build something new.

Top Gun still draws crowds, and still pleases riders. It's a great ride for kids who aren't quite ready for something larger. It is still a very important ride to the park.

Name: Dragon

Ride: Hyper Twister Roller Coaster

Speed: 100mph.

Inversions: 3 [barrel rolls]

Height: 312.

Lift Hills: 2

Color of Track: A metallic forest green with silver supports

Color of Trains: Purple and green

Height of 1st Drop: 298ft tall

Tunnels: 6

Special Features: Fire, Strobe Lights, and special Oriental theming

Name: Maniac Mansion

Type: Indoor/Outdoor Roller Coaster/Dark Ride

Style: Eurofighter (Gerstlauer)

Speed: 49.62 mph (guestimate)

Max. Height: 105 ft.

Length of Track: 5,368 ft (guestimate)

Length of Ride: 3 min 43 sec (guestimate)

Slogan: Ready To Go Crazy?

Description: Once a grand and beautiful Scandinavian mansion, and once the site of the popular children's show, Woody's Maniac Mansion, the show is now cancelled, the home now a dilapidated mess, and it now comes complete with a curse of an unusual sort, and is populated by creatures of a quite....different nature. Take a not-so-whimsical tour of the mansion now run by an owner of a completely different color-Woody the Pseudo-Homicidal Maniac-passing through one meaninglessly macabre room after another. It's a classic dark ride with a modern twist (several twists, to be exact!), and is something no person can pass up. Just like Woody says.....Ready To Go Crazy?

Ride Storyboard: Coming soon

.....I'm just really, really bored.

Description: Once a grand and beautiful Scandinavian mansion, and once the site of the popular children's show, Woody's Maniac Mansion, the show is now cancelled, the home now a dilapidated mess, and it now comes complete with a curse of an unusual sort, and is populated by creatures of a quite....different nature. Take a not-so-whimsical tour of the mansion now run by an owner of a completely different color-Woody the Pseudo-Homicidal Maniac-passing through one meaninglessly macabre room after another. It's a classic dark ride with a modern twist (several twists, to be exact!), and is something no person can pass up. Just the Woody says.....Ready To Go Crazy?

Sounds like Flight of Fear w/ a little theming Ki needs a big steel crowd drawing coaster not another gimic like Firehawk, Italian Job, and Tomb Raidr. Now whos favorite ride is Tomb Raider I love Firehawk though but Ki needs a big steel MONSTER!!!!! maybe a voyage or thunderhead The only other gimic coaster O would like to see is amulti Dimesional like X.

Description: Once a grand and beautiful Scandinavian mansion, and once the site of the popular children's show, Woody's Maniac Mansion, the show is now cancelled, the home now a dilapidated mess, and it now comes complete with a curse of an unusual sort, and is populated by creatures of a quite....different nature. Take a not-so-whimsical tour of the mansion now run by an owner of a completely different color-Woody the Pseudo-Homicidal Maniac-passing through one meaninglessly macabre room after another. It's a classic dark ride with a modern twist (several twists, to be exact!), and is something no person can pass up. Just the Woody says.....Ready To Go Crazy?

Sounds like Flight of Fear w/ a little theming Ki needs a big steel crowd drawing coaster not another gimic like Firehawk, Italian Job, and Tomb Raidr. Now whos favorite ride is Tomb Raider I love Firehawk though but Ki needs a big steel MONSTER!!!!! maybe a voyage or thunderhead The only other gimic coaster O would like to see is amulti Dimesional like X.

Seeing as how Kings Island is more directed towards family, whereas Cedar Point is a coaster park, Kings Island doesn't need a big monster. Now, I wouldn't complain if we did get one, but Kings Island doesn't need a monster coaster.

Top gun is old.

Top Gun is in no need to be torn down. If memory serves me correctly as well, the area it's in isn't the ideal place to build something new.

Top Gun still draws crowds, and still pleases riders. It's a great ride for kids who aren't quite ready for something larger. It is still a very important ride to the park.

What riders are still pleased by Top Gun? Not me get rid of Top Gun Build a new 500ft coaster in it's place

Top gun is old.

What riders are still pleased by Top Gun? Not me get rid of Top Gun Build a new 500ft coaster in it's place

Somone agree's with me. Top Gun is past it's prime and when ever i go it's a walk on for every ride (but the font and back have 1-2 people)

Top gun is old.

Somone agree's with me. Top Gun is past it's prime and when ever i go it's a walk on for every ride (but the font and back have 1-2 people)

Top Gun Pleases tons of riders. It's never a walk on when I go and I go alot. I haven't gone much this year, but last year it was always a 45 minute to an hour wait. And to the guy who said we need a 500 ft coaster... you're an idiot. Click the x on the browser and never come back to the site.

Name: Diamondback

Type: Intamin Accelorator (Rocket)

Features: A 90 degree turn over the lake, a 100' verticle top hat, a large overbank turn that dives under the tophat.

Layout shape: L-shaped out and back.

Hills: 2 (tophat, and airtime hill before brakes.)

Theme: Snakes, old west

Colors: Green, brown.

Top gun is old.

I love top gun. Never get rid of it.

I would say all the smiling faces and people with wind-swept hair coming off of TG are pleased riders.

It's a good thing for families to ride, with kids in the transitional phases of roller coaster riding from kiddy rides, to bigger coasters.

On top of that, it's a fun ride.

Name: Banshee

Type: B&M Dive Machine

Features: A 90 drop into the lake to a tunnel below, inversion or two, and maybe a water brake like Griffon and SheiKra, and some good airtime in the woods behind the lake

Highest Drop: 200 ft (lift hill doesn't have to be that high if it dives below the ground)

Theme: Keep as many trees as possible/add more

Colors: dark green, black

The Beast is old. There are days you can walk-on.

The Best is a great ride, and I've only walked on once.

The Racers are old. It's ALWAYS walk-on.. at least from the days I've been there.

I've only walked on mabye 1 or 2 times

I have never walked-on Top Gun. EVER

Really? I've only had to wait longer than mabye 5 minutes once...

I'm not saying it isn't a fun ride though

This year my friend and I rode Delerium and walked to, and rode, Spongebob 3D, while waiting for the parents to get off Top Gun, they called once we got out and the had just gotten off, and that was after about and hour and a half!

Top gun is old.

I agree with both of you just put one big one in and expand no need to tear down KI has plenty of land.

Name: Mama Beast

Ride: Giga Roller Coaster

Speed: 133mph. :o

Inversions: 0

Height: 460 ft. :o

Lift Hills: 1

Color of Track: A Brown track with Dark Brown Supports

Color of Trains: Brown and Pink

Height of 1st Drop: 440 ft tall

Tunnels: 5

Special Features: Tunnelised Rose Bowl, 90 degree turnsm, Over Banked Curves, Tunnels with Strobe lights and on-ride video

Is there some sort of fuzzy math that the schools are teaching today?

ADDITION BY SUBTRACTION IS NOT ALWAYS A SOLUTION! (whew! :wacko: )

I will never say that it won't happen, but the chances are of TG being torn down are very slim. Why? Well, it is a great starter coaster for the families that KI has been targeting for years now. Those kids who have graduated from Nick Universe need to ride something before Beast, Vortex, and FoF.

When the park is understaffed and the ride does not open frequently, then the rumors can fly, but for what some people consider to be low ridership is not a reason.

Welche:

CF will not put in any ride called Banshee. That was to be to name for what is now called Mantis and was changed due to not being politically correct in CF's eyes.

http://www.rcdb.com/id7.htm