Quick review of my food and beverage experience tonight.
Location 1: Kings Island Prestige Lounge
Very polite associate dealing with a long line of guests trying to either scan in or get their free snack. The current specialty snack (a 5.5oz bag of caramel M&M's pop'd) is nice and lists 5 servings per bag. I would say one bag is quite enough to feed each member of a family for a snack.
Location 2: Coney Bar-B-Que
I ordered a 3-Sides Platter with the bowl of mac & cheese, three hush puppies, and fries as my aforementioned three sides. Without a dining plan it would have been $19.99. While I had never expected to want anything from Coney Bar-B-Que before tonight, I have to say this was quite a nice meal. I thought that the mac & cheese was really good and that the hush puppies were good. They could have used a thinner coating of breading, but I enjoyed them nonetheless. The fries were seasoned a little too well for my taste. I didn't try to put any condiments on them since I was getting full by that point. The checkout process was a little odd since there were two registers open with one associate helping the other at some points. While we were eating I even saw an associate coming around to sweep the ground and clean tables.
The biggest hindrance to my night was with my drink plan that is included with my Prestige Membership. Both times I went to get a drink I was told that it was not showing up. I ended up being able to get a drink anyway (with plenty of ice) and enjoyed it with my meal. This is possibly an issue with the park's POS system not loading the included drink plan since it technically isn't an add-on. It was a little frustrating in the moment, but is definitely an issue with an easy solution.
Overall this was a nice night for F&B at Kings Island. Shoutout to Chef Gibson for helping make sure that at least some ice was available in the park tonight: hopefully this is a trend that will only improve from here. I even bore witness to an ice restock in Coney Bar-B-Que as I was standing in line. Contrary to popular belief (and what people say on Facebook), some folks actually are trying to improve conditions around the park. It isn't easy to do when your parent company is still $5 billion in debt.
By
Losantiville Mining Co. ·