2008 Season Pass Info

BoddaH1994

This is your official information about season passes. There will be a three tiered system for season passes, regular, Gold, and Platinum.

Regular Kings Island Pass Benefits:

Access to Kings Island for over 100 days of rides, food, and live entertainment.

Gold Kings Island Pass Benefits:

Access to Kings Island with Gold benefits including early ride times, and a special Gold/Platinum-only parking lot.

Cedar Fair Platinum Pass Benefits:

Grants you access to all Cedar Fair properties, both dry parks and waterparks excluding Castaway Bay and Star Trek: The Experience. This grants you season long parking at all Cedar Fair properties as well as platinum benefits at Kings Island!

If you renew your pass before November 11th, season long parking will be free. After November 11th, parking will be $34.95 for the first car and $15 for additional cars. Parking passes will be honored at all Cedar Fair properties.

If you purchase before November 11th, you will get a free Cedar Fair fleece-lined jacket.

Season pass processing will begin Sept 23rd, 2007.

A 2008 season pass will NOT be valid for the remainder of 2007, however you are not required to surrender your 2007 pass in order to receive an 08 pass, you will be issued a new one.

More details as they are released....

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get Gold benefits with the Gold pass and Platinum benefits with the Platinum pass. So if I get the Platinum pass, will the Gold benefits be part of that, or will the Platinum benefits differ from the Gold Pass benefits? I see the special parking is for both Gold and Platinum according to the info above. What about the rest of the Gold benefits? Are they included with the Platinum pass or are the Platinum benefits exactly the same as the Gold?

I realize these questions may not have answers yet, or perhaps they are obvious and I am just sleepy...

Thanks!

Platinum Passes are $140 at all Cedar Fair parks until November 12th, at which time they'll be $150.

That's a bargain with parking included at all the Cedar Fair Parks. Less than I paid last year for the Maxx Pass and all Ohio parking.

Plus if you just have a gold pass with parking it still gets you in the parking lot at the other CF parks. Don't know what the point of that is, but I guess they figure if you don't travel to other parks often but do maybe go once a year to one of the other Ohio Parks it's better then nothing.

I'm not sure which one I'll get yet. It will really depend on if I find people to go to other parks or not. I am glad about the free parking though that really comes in handy. Although even if it wasn't I would pay the 35 as it really does pay for itself and if you go a lot like I do it is a valuable asset. And I only went to Cedar Point once this year. The 10 dollars for parking didn't bother me. There were 4 of us so we split it up. Having it free though is always nice. Now if I just don't have to do all the driving again it will be better.

Can anyone confirm/answer the following questions....

1. So if I renew my season pass to Platinum before Nov 11th, can I get my pass processed at ANY park or does it have to be KI??

2. Can I get my Platinum Pass processed at ANY park, and is it confirmed that I will get be getting the KI Gold/Platinum Perks even if my Platinum Pass is NOT processed at KI?

3. So now, I've been under the impression that my 2007 Maxx Pass is valid through March 31, 2008, however, if I have a processed 2008 Platinum Pass, will I be able to use that for free parking to Knott's Berry Farm on New Year's Day?

Because my situation is that from the looks of it, I will be renewing my Maxx Pass for a Platinum Pass AFTER my last trip to KI this year (but before Nov. 11), and I am going to LA after Christmas and to Knott's Berry Farm and want to know if I can get my 2008 Platinum Pass processed at KBF on New Year's Day (to get my free parking) and I want to make sure I am safe for getting the KI perks in 08 since KI is my home park (I would also like my Platinum Pass to work at KI's turnstiles, but we'll see about that).

Sorry for the long post, but if anyone has any answers I would greatly appreciate them!

1. So if I renew my season pass to Platinum before Nov 11th, can I get my pass processed at ANY park or does it have to be KI??

2. Can I get my Platinum Pass processed at ANY park, and is it confirmed that I will get be getting the KI Gold/Platinum Perks even if my Platinum Pass is NOT processed at KI?

As of this writing, you still must have your pass processed at your HOME park.

3. So now, I've been under the impression that my 2007 Maxx Pass is valid through March 31, 2008, however, if I have a processed 2008 Platinum Pass, will I be able to use that for free parking to Knott's Berry Farm on New Year's Day?

I do not have an answer to that but I will get an answer to that question for you.

Tigillinus - I just read through the pass information on KI's web page, after I was able to access...based upon what their web page says...I would answer your questions as follows.

A: No - the KI Web page specifically states on the Platinum Pass "Photo ID card must be processed at Kings Island."

A: See answer to #1 on having it processed at ANY Park.....As to KI Gold Benefits available to Platinum Card Holders --- "Plus, enjoy all the Gold Pass perks at King's Island". Not sure regarding it being processed and/or purchased at another Park, but if it is purchased at KI, you must process it at KI.

A: Sorry no help here, but to re-iterate that according to KI's web page, if you purchase your pass at KI, it must be processed at KI.

"From Tony:

The new Point Perks program is a "Cedar Point-only" program. Point Perks is not available at any other park. If you purchase your Platinum Pass at any other park, you will not have access to Point Perks benefits. "

So wouldn't it make the most since to get your P-Pass at CP so you get all Perks from both KI and CP?

Where if you bought your P-Pass at KI you wouldn't get "Point Perks"

Also, are we sure that the Parking pass going with those who are renewing from this season to next for Gold only passes will be valid at all other parks, or just KI. The parking pass that they are selling at KI is valid for KI only.

I am still debating, weather to go Gold or Platinum. We are a family of 4 needing passes this coming year, plus 1 free child. The price difference is $150, but 1 two (2) day trip to CP would cost us at least $75 more.

I don't know if you would get any sort of discount at the hotels if you have a Platinum pass or not, but if anyone knows this answer it would be appreciated.

"From Tony:

The new Point Perks program is a "Cedar Point-only" program. Point Perks is not available at any other park. If you purchase your Platinum Pass at any other park, you will not have access to Point Perks benefits. "

So wouldn't it make the most since to get your P-Pass at CP so you get all Perks from both KI and CP?

Where if you bought your P-Pass at KI you wouldn't get "Point Perks"

if you purchase your platinum pass at KI, you receive the KI gold pass perks...

if you purchase your platinum pass at CP, you receive the CP gold pass perks (point perks)....this will NOT include the KI gold pass perks...

I don't know if you would get any sort of discount at the hotels if you have a Platinum pass or not, but if anyone knows this answer it would be appreciated.

Since CP actually sells out the hotels on a daily basis, I highly doubt there would be any kind of discount other than the normal "plan" they have always offered.

ah ha, so in order to get CP perks, you must buy the Platinum pass at CP even though it works at all parks.....in the end it appears that CP has more season pass sales than any of your home parks regardless of weither you use them at CP or not. Thats not going to help KI. On paper it wil appear as if season pass sales at KI will be drastically down if you don't buy your passes at home. Smart move to CP's credit. So they can judge each park for closure based on season pass sales, and CP will never be at the bottom of the sales list. Good for Cedar Fair!!