Coaster Wars

CoasterXtreme

I believe that PKI is not out of the coaster wars as of yet, I feel with them taking out KC they are just restructing and perparing there self to open only top coasters. The one thing I can say about PKI is that they do open quailty rides! Atleast the last couple years. I see more top coasters coming!!!!!!!!! Just you wait and they will make CP look lame.

Of course PKI will still be adding more coasters in the future, that's a no-brainer. But PKI will most likely be going for QUALITY over QUANTITY unlike most other amusement parks around the nation. PKI has already stated that they are not interested in the "Coaster War" about highest, tallest, longest, most this, most that, kind of war, and do not wish to compete with Cedar Point in coasters. Cedar Point is out there for the thrill seakers, while PKI is there for everyone in the family. I don't think PKI is in the "Coaster Wars" like SFMM and CP, but I do believe that they will be a park to beat in the future w/ some excellent coasters.

It seems like everyone seems to forget that Son of Beast is a hyper! :D Even though we won't be seeing a coaster next year, if PKI was to team up with Intamin for a steel megacoaster, I have an extremely strong feeling that would beon of the greatest coasters in existence. PKI's LANDSCAPE + INTAMIN MEGACOASTER = #1 COASTER. *drools*

Obviously I'm referring to the current dragster coaster under construction at Cedar Point, but in all honesty, I doubt PKI will be breaking any height barriers. I believe PKI will have a new focus on coasters that "size doesn't matter". I just believe that they will be going after making top ten coasters instead of record breaking ones. But who knows, I'll probably be wrong. :rolleyes:

I don't think PKI is out of the coaster wars. They have set records with almost every coaster in the park. And in 2000 they broke the height and speed barrier for a woodie. They have been building record breakers since the park opened and I don't think they will stop either.

PKI has made a name for themselves as a world class wooden coaster park, and now I believe they will be starting to make a name for themselves in the steel coaster category. I bet it won't be record breaking steel coasters, but I sure as hell think they will most likely be top ten coasters. ;)

I'm not sure if someone has already seid this or not, but I think that Kings Island is going for Quality not Quanity. They has record breaking coasters that push the limits of human endurance. Ceader Poing has just been making them left and right. They also have some records in steel buy Kings Island dominates in wood.

Cedar Point is a good amusement park, but PKI is far better I believe. Now Dragster at CP seems tobe topping off and it's somewhere around 300 now, so I don't think it's going to be the first tera, but even if it is a launch up a hill up over and down the other side, than brakes isn't going to be such a great ride. Also, I do believe PKI is out of coaster wars, but I guarentee that there are parks that have 2 or 3 coasters and are better than Cedar Point.

The misconception of Dragster is that it is NOT starting to top off. The webcam is very misleading, the track is still going vertical, while on the other hand, the supports are starting to angle in, which is making many people mistake for the track.

I believe Cedar Point will be the park in Ohio for the major extreme world record coasters, while PKI will have the place for world class coasters.

• 20 years later...