2009 - The Year of the 262' Highwire Walk

BoddaH1994

A target marks the spot where Nik Wallenda, seventh generation member of the legendary Flying Wallendas, will reach 262' in the air when he traverses his high wire walk from the front gate to the Eiffel Tower at Kings Island on August 15th at 7:00pm.

This even is free with park admission.

eiffeltowerwallenda2620.jpg

eiffeltowerwallenda2620.jpg

eiffeltowerwallenda262.jpg

Photo credits: Don Helbig

From the front entrance gate to the Eiffel Tower....the front entrance gate isn't 200 feet high, is it? Or am I missing something here....

There will be a crane at the front entrance that will suspend the wire 262' in the air. So he will be walking from the front gate to the Eiffel Tower, but the wire will be attached to a crane near the front gate and to the Eiffel Tower's structure.

From the front entrance gate to the Eiffel Tower....the front entrance gate isn't 200 feet high, is it? Or am I missing something here....

There will be a crane at the front entrance that will suspend the wire 262' in the air. So he will be walking from the front gate to the Eiffel Tower, but the wire will be attached to a crane near the front gate and to the Eiffel Tower's structure.

Send in the crane

There'll be a crane

And now it's this year...

And here you thought that was over

• 2 weeks later...
A target marks the spot where Nik Wallenda, seventh generation member of the legendary Flying Wallendas, will reach 262' in the air when he traverses his high wire walk from the front gate to the Eiffel Tower at Kings Island on August 16th at 7:00pm.

This event is free with park admission.

Kings Island Site and Fox19 this morning are listing it as Saturday the 15th at 7pm.

A target marks the spot where Nik Wallenda, seventh generation member of the legendary Flying Wallendas, will reach 262' in the air when he traverses his high wire walk from the front gate to the Eiffel Tower at Kings Island on August 16th at 7:00pm.

This event is free with park admission.

Kings Island Site and Fox19 this morning are listing it as Saturday the 15th at 7pm.

...and those sources are correct. There was a date conflict between KI's site and Cedar Fair's site for the Wallenda Walk and I must have copied it from the wrong one. I'll edit the main caption.

I will totally be there tomorrow to watch Mr. Wallenda do this death defying walk...hahah. I saw the crane with the wire attached today as i drove by the park, and it looks amazing. Its weird because i knew it was 262 feet, and i knew how high that was compared to drop zone and the Eiffel Tower, but until i saw the crane, it didnt seem as high. I would be freakinout just standing on the crane's platform..haha :D.

But I wish him luck and hope he does a great job. This will be a great show. :)

Its going to be great tommorw I cant wait. I hope he does ok but if we falls there is no net to catch him (i think) but he does have the Royal Fountian.

I don't think 3 feet of water will save him from a fall of 262 feet...

Also, is the crane over 260 feet tall, I guess? Or will he be walking down a slight drop?

I hope to go, but I doubt my mom will take me.