Everything posted by Rustbucket
-
X-Flight coming to PKI?
I figured it was a generalization because I think a lot of employees could learn from the workers at SFOG. I've never seen the level of interaction that you see from employees at SFOG at any other park. I was at SFoG in 2004 and had just opposite experience. It may have been a bad day for them, but the only one crew who even had smile on their face was on one of the lift hill on "Dahlonega Mine Train".
-
X-Flight coming to PKI?
I had similar encounter as you back in 2005 on X-Flight. The crew had some what of "in your face" attitude. I thought they were the second worst crew I experienced that year on any of the coaster I rode. (68 if you are wondering. Ninja at SFoG was the winner.) No one remembers the crew unless they are rude. There was no question in my mind. PKI and CP crews were far more professional that week when I visited all three parks.
-
X-Flight coming to PKI?
I thought CF last year had the brake on like never before. FoF at PKD had the train coming to practical stop for years as well. PKI FoF did not have the train coming to near stop (at least for five years) until last year. At times during spring, there was no mid-course brake engaging at all. What I really want is the magnetic brake being turn off on The Beast!
-
X-Flight coming to PKI?
I had Villain in my top 5 wooden coaster for many years until I rode that 3 years ago. It became rather awful over the years. I hope that retracking will improve the ride. I rode Superman at SFGAm and SFOG along with X-Flight. I really though X-Flight was a better coaster. Then again, this is only my own opinion.
-
Kings Island to Get $10 Million Capital Addition, Major Thrill Ride
Don't give them any ideas!!
-
X-Flight coming to PKI?
Actually, the swaying is needed for all structures. All tall buildings sway also. All bridges do as well. The real problem is when the swaying become too large or become too frequent.
-
How would you feel if PKI got X Flight?
The attendence figure may have been with Sea World and Geauga Lake combined before Six Flags took over. The loss of Sea World was huge. When we were living up near Geauga Lake, we had season passes there. The park was not very busy but there were some life to the park in 2001. When I visited in 2004, the park was dead. There was no life to the park. The park, in terms of acreage, is very large. But old Sea World area was blocked off. I think the waterpark will bring back some people. Their 10 coasters will not bring more people since many people go to Cedar Point instead from this area even with Dominator and X-Flight. I liked X-Flight. This is probably my favorite Flyer. I have been on SUF at SFOG and SFGAm along with X-Flight. Frankly, I would like the coaster at PKI. I am certain that 99% of people who visit PKI will not know if the ride was new or used or where it came from.
-
New rides at pki
I usually get my CF pass at KBF. Obviously, I need to pay for parking when I go to CP or GL. I wonder how some of these issues will be worked out.
-
Anyone ever rode Top Thrill Dragster?
I rode TTD 13 times. Last one, I had the roll back. To be honest, the ride is somewhat indifferent to me now. I got used to the launch from TTD, Xcelerator, and Storm Runner. To the the launch was the best part of the ride.
-
What's Your Favorite Cedar Point Rollercoaster?
My all time favorite: Magnum XL-200. My favorites: 1 Magnum XL200 2 Ghostrider 3 X 4 The Beast 5 Millenium Force 6 Raging Bull 7 Alpengeist 8 Talon 9 Apollo's Chariot 10 Steel Force
-
Gold Pass questions
Is there a Gold pass early opening day this year?
-
new rollercoaster track
When I was at SFMM three weeks ago, some of the tracks were sitting across from Viper and X. Also, most of the tracks were already assembled. It was an interesting layout where most of the tracks were below the station.
-
PKI's Calendar is up!
Cedar Point does this for all rides!
-
PKD's Flight of Fear...No more?
RCDB.com states FoF at PKD to SBNO. We will see what happens with this ride. I prefer PKI version better but still.....
-
4 demension coaster
I rode X three time and just loved the experiences. I rate the ride to be my second favorite after Magnum XL-200. I just hope that there are more like X in the future.
-
The Bat Promotional Video
This is a great video to see. I wish I could have ridden this one. Well, not too many suspended coasters are around now. I am not sure how long these rides will be around. I can clearly see why this ride had so many problems. Also, I can see why this ride really could not be fixed. Some of the turned should have been banked which would have been very difficult to retrofit. The train swinging almost 180 degrees probably caused shocks to wear out rather quickly, especially in 1970's engineering. My guess is that maintenance would have been a nightmare.
-
Paramount's Kings Dominion
obviously, TRFF opened this year. I did not ride at night. Still it is quite bright with Volcano around.
-
WHAT IF?
I do not like Mantis, not because they are painful but just does not do much for me. Making that floorless could be good. BTW, only stand up I like is Riddler's Revenge at SFMM. King Cobra, Shock Wave, Georgia Scorcher, Iron Wolf, and Mantis along with RR are the ones I have been on that are stand ups. They just are not very exciting. That is not because I am a "WIMP".
-
Paramount's Kings Dominion
I used to live near Baltimore/DC area. I moved here about 2 and 1/2 years ago. Question for you though. Don't you think my description of the rides are rather accurate? Of course, they are my opinions. BTW, my favorite park is Cedar Point. As regard to your signature, I will say TRTR is better than TRFF although TRFF is quite intense. TRFF is outdoors so that it loses some of the dark ride quality.
-
Paramount's Kings Dominion
PKD used to by my home park. Now it is PKI. I will compare them though. Anaconda versus Vortex - I prefer Vortex. I do like the lake tunnel and water splash on Anaconda. Grizzly versus The Beast - The Beast is my second favorite woody. Grizzly is my fourth. (Out of 24) Hurler versus Son of Beast - Son of Beast is the most intense woody. Hurler has rather good air time. Rebel Yell versus The Racer - Rebel Yell has longer tunnel ending. The Racer is a longer ride. Flight of Fear for both - PKD version has mid course brake that comes to near complete stop. PKI version is more intense. Kiddie areas - There is no question. PKI has a far superior kiddie section. Hypersonic (PKD) has the most intense launch I have ever experienced which includes TTD and Xccelerator. The force you feel from the launch was far greater than any other launches I have been on. Volcano (PKD) - Why isn't there more Intamin full track inverted? This is a great inverted. And no. Do not compare this to Raptor, Montu, Talon or anything B&M. This is truly a unique inverted coater. The second launch is not something you will expect. Top Gun (PKI) - one of the better suspended coaster. Rather short. Shock Wave (PKD) - Horrible stand up. I am not a fan of the Stand ups anyway. Remember King Cobra? One less corkscrew. Drop Zones for both - PKI version gyrates. PKD does not. Delirium (PKI) - My second favorite ride at PKI after The Beast. I can ride this one all day. Ricochet (PKD) - Wild Mouse ride. Better than Wild Cat at CP. Avalanche (PKD) - Very good and rare bobsled coaster. Far better than disaster transport at CP. Scooby Doo Haunted Castle/Mansion - I like PKD version better. Tomb Raider - I like PKI version better. PKD is more intense. Face Off (PKI) - I wish PKI has Volcano. Face Off does not do much for me and I am an Inverted fan. Italian Jobs: Stunt Track (PKI) - I love this ride even if the ride is short. I wish this is not closed down as much as it has been. Water Parks - Boomerang Bay is an excellent water park. PKD water park is rather average. Overall, I consider PKI a better park but there are positives to both parks. PKI has better wooden coasters, but PKD has better steel coaster selections. I grew up with PKD. I rode Grizzly and Anaconda when they first opened. It is too bad when they cut the trees around Grizzly.
-
2006 Rumors
I like Flying coasters. Scream!, Dominator and Hydra are top notch coasters. I do not see too many B&M coasters at Paramount Parks though.
-
Predictions For 2005/2006
What is your point? (Pun intended) If and if and if. CP is not ALOT bigger. Area wise, PKI is bigger. CP has more rides. PKI had more visitors last year despite 30 less operating days. Get over it. Whether you want to count SC and BB is irrelevant. BB is a part of PKI and SC is not a part of CP. It is the fact and no ifs and buts about it. My favorite park is Cedar Point. That does not mean I will whine about an issue as simple as attendence figure. Who in the world cares? Get over it. I will not cry about TTD no longer being the tallest coaster. I am sure many will.
-
Racer being dismantled?
Actually, I have seen the lap bar coming down more than once. That happens to my daughter a lot. She is only 8 years old though. I can see if someone really has a loose lap bar, it will come down rather hard.
-
Which Paramount's park offers the best thrills?
My home park right now is PKI. It used to be PKD. I have not been to Carowinds. Here are my takes: Woody in this Order: The Beast - My second favorite Woody Grizzly - My FIRST woody SoB - Trains could be better Racer/Rebel Yell - Tie Hurler - Nothing special Beastie/Ghoster Coaster - Tie Steel Coasters: Volcano - The best Steel in the chain. FoF (PKI) - better than PKD because of heavy brake in the middle. Hypersonic - Good launch coaster. Face/Off - Not in the league of Volcano Avalanche - One of the rare bobsled coasters Top Gun - One of the best suspended coasters Vortex/Anaconda - Wild loopers but getting older now. Ricochet - Decent Wild Mouse Shock Wave - Now forgettable stand up. Advanture Express - OK Mine ride. Drop Zones - PKI for gyration during inclines. Italian Jobs - Who knows??? To me, the difference is Delirium and Tasmanian Typhoon.
-
Sneek Preveiw Day!
My daughter and I will be there on Sunday.