Everything posted by Outdoor Man
-
2014 Park Map
While I'm at it- not sure that there's anything international about "International Street" anymore either outside of a Paris-themed tower.
-
2014 Park Map
I like it that they still consider that they have an area of the park named "Oktoberfest." Outside of the Viking Fury and a Festhaus that has nothing German in it- not sure that such an area exists anymore. But cute that they still name it.
-
Documentary concerning Seaworld ("Blackfish")
Yes there is. That's not the kind of eye-roll I'm thinking of- the one you posted is too happy. This particular image I'm thinking is a cross between a run-of-the-mill eye-roll, face palm, and a sigh...
-
Documentary concerning Seaworld ("Blackfish")
While we're at it, SeaWorld Orlando (spell it right kids... capital "S", capital "W".... capital "O"... - there's no emoticon for an eye-roll.) begins their 50th anniversary celebration today! http://seaworld.com/celebration/?utm_source=Silverpop&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=00389753%20SWO.50thGrandOpening.Mar2014%20(1)&utm_content=DIGITAL&spMailingID=6264278&spUserID=MzM2Mzc5ODE0NzQS1&spJobID=402084190&spReportId=NDAyMDg0MTkwS0
-
Action Zone Circle
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....
-
Kentucky Kingdom
Maybe they plan on dropping leaflets from a hot-air balloon. That's still better than dropping live turkeys from a helicopter. "As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!" -Gator, showing my age... that caught me off guard. Very good placement! Was that Less Nessman?
-
KI Throwback Photo of The Day
A+ on the last week's worth of pictures!
-
2014 Park Map
My thoughtful dedication to this thread, a musical interpretation:
-
Kentucky Kingdom
I'm not sure that after 2 months of posting you're able to critically assert this as a "Fanboy-Site." For what its worth I've never mentioned anything about taxpayers being at risk, I know I've never taken the time to dig up proof, therefore never mentioned. (If I have, though... i selectively have short-term memory) Your posts do seem to scream "D-Fense" more often than not in your 18 posts... just seems to me that you are more than the average Louisville-ite awaiting the park to open.
-
Kentucky Kingdom
Uh... YouThere- this, after all, is a "Fan Site" of sorts. There are no qualifiers of people to become new members, only dis-qualifiers if they violate Terms of Service. You're going to run into a WIDE (and I mean WIDE) range of opinions and varied expertise from Professionals in the twilight of their careers to Jr. High Students obsessed with roller coasters. Comments will range from legitimate to outlandish to just plain mis-informed. This is a opinion-based forum and thoughts on here about KK may not be what the owners or employees of the Kingdom think or want people to think, but some points on here are the thoughts of the public at large. You post as though you have a vested interest in the park- so, herein lies some public opinion from an outsiders perspective. Take it for what it is.
-
Flashback Till February 2014
The color seems to be too "good"... has to be recent.
-
Flashback Till February 2014
present location of cleared trees and Diamondback?
-
Banshee Construction Progress
Not to be off-topic, but I will assume some blame for the off-punctuation and random un-capitalized intellectual property. Not really paying attention to the TOS, I usually tend to these things because it irritates me when others don't. Also not a big fan of: LOL, LMOA, etc... I feel in our social media age those expressions lessen one's IQ rating. That being said, I generally don't go back and proof-read my posts for absolute accuracy like I would an "essay" or business proposal. In support of the TOS, though, being very rigid does lend credibility to KIC for not allowing the "anything goes" mentality that some sites have; to which also do not share "favored" status with the park. Because of this- KI does enjoy the benefit of free advertising through this site by generating a "buzz" for new attractions, which is exactly the purpose of this medium.
-
Flashback Till February 2014
Regarding Phantom Theater. Was Kings Island the only location that had this particular attraction/cast of characters or does Maestro patrol the spooks elsewhere as well still?
-
Banshee Construction Progress
gotta say, it seems that despite some pretty terrible weather conditions for the construction period- the Banshee construction is moving along pretty well. I don't think the full circuit of Diamondback was done before mid-February was it? some unforeseen condition notwithstanding, the circuit construction could very well be done by mid-week.
-
Bring back attractions/add new attractions
hmmm. makes me think that new paint won't be the only change to The Bat. maybe some new floorless trains??? if its just a paint job, there's no need to add to the Fast Pass system- the coaster was usually a walk-on even on weekends.
-
Banshee Construction Progress
I believe we've spotted sasquatch.
-
Documentary concerning Seaworld ("Blackfish")
Went to the "Winterfest" last year in Orlando (December 2012)... we froze. with respect to the ex-trainers interviews... Allow the Simpson's to explain some of their stories: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d51_1343322862
-
Documentary concerning Seaworld ("Blackfish")
.
-
Banshee Construction Progress
Terp is right. Thunder "ROAD"... was it really going to be called "Swoop" before that? I'm not sure where thunder road would have fit into that area for theming, but "Swoop" is just terrible. As for Re-theming the area, I would have assumed that if the AZ persona was changing, the elements that made it "AZ" would have come down in November.... under the watchful eye of the tower webcams. But if it is just painting, whoever mentioned that is probably right... they'd choose to paint in the spring for better warming days- though I am no meteorologist.
-
Boo Blasters on Boo Hill (BBOBH)
same reason why "Small World" has a line every day at Magic Kingdom. Nothing special about it... just a classic ride that has stayed the same for 40+ years. If the original Enchanted Voyage existed today, it would have a respectable line every well-attended day. that being said, the characters the ride was build on no longer are contracted by the park... and not sure you could get an entire ride with PEANUTS scenes.
-
Banshee Construction Progress
Stayed at GWL over the weekend and was able to observe the construction from 4th floor south. Couple of observations: - Thunder Run (though it was renamed before it ever opened)/Top Gun/Flight Deck/The Bat looks great (for the first time in a WHILE)... looks brand new... well almost. (what is the record for number of identities a coaster/ride has been renamed to? - Banshee looks pretty impressive- can't wait to ride. - doesn't look like there's any "re-theme" activity going on in Action Zone - off-topic, it appears that Kings Island still has ALL the parking lot trams still just parked in the field. If you're never going to use them again (and I can't imagine that they ever will)- why keep them?
-
Cedar Fair Installs eConnect Loss Prevention System
trying to follow this thread... think this is relevant- but then again Dwight likes to go off on his own tangents. A few years ago I had a Corporate Credit Card stolen at a Kinko's in northern Cincinnati. First problem is that the Walmart in Colerain didn't question why the individual buying the flat screen TV was paying for it in sweats and a corporate credit card (as seen on the cameras), but I digress. When trying to find out who it may have been at the Kinko's, their cameras did not offer any help because said camera's are pointed at the employees not the customers. And, this was a location at Mason-Montgomery and Fields Ertel in Mason, not necessarily a high crime area.
-
Only KI based restaurants in the park
We ate at the Reds HOF Grille 2 or three times last year.... it was good. it was expensive, but acceptably so.
-
Only KI based restaurants in the park
I think local "chain" restaurant-only selections would be great but understand the dynamics. I like Chick-fil-A for the same reasons BB1 pointed out earlier. That said, Sunday is typically one of the most attended days of the week and it doesn't serve the park or guests well to have a location closed. The only other rub I really have, is take Panda Express OUT of the German-themed Festhaus. Why not contract Hofbräuhaus to operate in the Festhaus. Now THAT would be festive!