Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Outdoor Man

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Outdoor Man

  1. it did, but I think since CF- its in the land of "used to exist." It was a great deal for non-profit organizations.... and KI for that matter. Fund raising money plus tickets to go back... taxable donations for KI and PR/goodwill. A day was an 8-hour shift. There may have been exceptions but my experience as a 30-something was usually pretty decent, and I think the 15 year old supervisors enjoyed bossing those of us twice their age around. By and large the experience was positive- but you got to see some gaps in the management style of the park at the time... ie- supervisors more interested in being a "cool" boss than actually managing them. usually before school let out, and after school started back they had insane deals for volunteers. One year, we worked an 8-hour shift, our charity received $6/hr per person working..... and we each received 5 tickets to return..... one summer my wife and I had 36 tickets to go back.
  2. this is interesting.... click the link to the story. there are several "banner" advertisements. maybe 5 different companies. One is for "Monster" .com and another is for an "accident" attorney. how's that for coincidence.
  3. Actually Boddha, Noah has a Kings Island connection. He made a cameo appearance in the commercial advertising the arrival of Amazon (Congo) Falls...... years ago.
  4. Undertaker... I'm sorry to see that your "gig" with the WWE hasn't worked out and you have to "job" FearFest. Don't hurt anybody.
  5. no, my understanding is that the "buddy" would be in the hotel room nightstand drawer next to the "Gideons."
  6. hotel and conference center would be developed by another entity. otherwise it could have been the second coming of "Jim and Tammy"
  7. I agree, but they are definitely not on the "white horse" they were on a year ago.
  8. I'm going back a few pages, but wanted to respond to something that was written yesterday regarding what this individual may have wrote to KI, and it not being "professional"- I work in marketing/PR... and to an extent the "complaint" department... and whats more, it's in the financial industry. I have been called 4 and 5 letter names over a matter of less than a dollar when the customer was clearly in the wrong... and I had nothing in the transaction. Regardless of the situation or how intense the conversation- you ALWAYS take the apologetic route on your way to your explanation. If the customer clearly does not want to hear it, then you can turn off the valve. But in conflict resolution, "tephlon" doesn't work. But more closer to a few posts recently. It has seemed a bit surreal how a year ago Cedar Fair was riding in on a white horse.... and to read a few posts you'd think they'd sunk lower than Paramount in a year.
  9. who knows, maybe he was after free tickets.... But the response to him did not include any mention of "we apologize"- "we're sorry"- "unfortunately things happen that are out of our control."
  10. UncleHenry... I "get" where you are coming from, and to an extent I agree. What I don't agree with with KI's response that gave a "not our problem" feel to it. Did not extend any reconciliatory response at all. Apologizing and offering even half-off admission for another day would have cost the park "nothing" and would have got 4 more people in to pay $$$'s for food and other attractions.
  11. I agree with Captain Picard... probably a good percentage of the defenders in this thread are pass holders who if they paid for thier own pass- don't have mortgages to pay for. I would be genuinely upset if I had shelled out $500 for a day of "fun" and got nothing but basically a "not our problem" response. Unless the customer CLEARLY is totally off-base that response should hurt the credibility of the one whose signature is affixed to it. The official (can't remember the name) even acknowledged the problems... and yes they were fixed.... but there was a pretty impressive list of ride (major ones) that experienced problems... and who is to say that this guy didn't experience the "perfect storm" of the events happening to his family in succession. Apparently he came when SOB was still down- so I would remove that from the complaint... it was pretty common knowlege that SOB was out and had no specific return date. That was a terrible response on KI's part.
  12. walking on past.
  13. been there, done that.
  14. and Woofer... if I am not mistaken, the Festhaus is near-exact to a simlar building at Busch Gardens Williamsburg... or Europe (whatever they are calling it).
  15. You know, you scope out a thread and you think to yourself... "that looks interesting, I think I'll peak in and take a look." Then you get in there, read and think "that's interesting." "I agree with that"- "that seems correct" - "I can't believe they said that...." Then you think to yourself, "ah, maybe it's best that I just walk on by." that should be my course of action; but before I leave let me leave just a thought. And I am not even going to get into which side of the fence I reside; and I do apologize for this being WAY off topic, but please take this for what it is... just one person's opinion: I have been in "ministry" for longer than some on this site have been alive... (please note I did say "some")- and I have seen this topic (and others) debated, and won/lost based on a person's interpretation of ONE verse. And most times that person cannot tell you what the verse before it or after it says. I would like to caution anyone who would use the Bible as your argument for or against this (or any other "moral" topic). To understand what many of the verses contained within the Bible mean for us today, you have to understand what it meant for the people it was originally written for. You think this topic is hotly debated, try opening up a topic on Revelation.. that'll raise some hairs and split a few churches. The bible is NOT a collection of verses like a fortune cookie. Let's take Sodom and Gomorrah. was this story just about homosexuality in the cities... no. without getting into specifics, Genesis 18 says their "sin" was "grievous." you know what, no one is going to read this anyway, so I'm going to stop... point being. If you're going to use the Bible as your justification/defense, base it on the story; the whole story- and not just a position backed up by one or a few verses. I've been around this argument 100+ times and I've seen a few good arguments, and a lot of WEAK. I don't think that Dane and Ryan intended for this site to be a morality borometer; it's a fan site where reality can be escaped for a few moments at a time without having to think about what this person's opinion of your life is.... the only opinions that matter on this site are "what do you think about KI?????"
  16. not sure how/why anyone would ever want to wear pumps. Those look like the most uncomfortable clothing item a lady would have to wear.... maybe not. And for a guy to voluntarily wear something like that..... yea, something's wrong in the head
  17. gay, straight, or whatever- any full-bearded man that puts a dress on... with pumps, and is serious about it... i feel has blown a few circuits in his bionic implants. ALTHOUGH, I did go to a county fair when I was young and saw the bearded lady.... i think she was in a dress.
  18. Congo Falls was a classic episode from the 80's where KI did a TERRIBLE job of theming. CF could do some real minor modifications, enclose it and place some "features" in it, al la Jurassic Park. I know that's a REAL stretch, but the ride is nothing more than a cooling station.
  19. and speaking of "de-Paramountizing"-- goodbye Nick-themes and HELLO Peanuts. I thought that retheming "Beastie" to "Fairly Odd Coaster" was.... well.... stupid- but I'm not so sure that I'm ready to see "Snoopy's Red Baron Coaster"....
  20. I'm not too sure about that ordinance. If there is such an ordinance I would much appreciate it if they would ENFORCE it and families from all over the area would not be blowing up their fireworks up until 2am (one night) from June 20-July 10.
  21. Outdoor Man replied to Racerrider's topic in Rumors
    if i'm not mistaken there is a pretty LARGE (and steep) raveen in between Kings Island and the Great Miami.... anyone who has been on the bike path along the river will notice a "slight" altitude change there and the park.
  22. the last time I was in one of those "settings" was last year (2006). But a friend who is a hold over from the PKI casting dept say that this year is no better or worse than years past, but that this year was the first time they've had problems with employees text messaging while on the job.... and other. And that the area supervisors this year tended to have been slightly more qualified than in years past. he said that it is a general expectation problem. PKI management had low expectations from associates.... which is why they had to stack 10 people in a job that could have been done by 3-4... becuase it usually took all 10 to get it done (I'm being a little dramatic, but you get the point). They had low expectations, and most fell short of that. CF has tried to raise the bar... but as many have said on this site- it's going to take some time. Don't quit. the summer is unfortunately almost over (from an operating season perspective). Guests will be jerks, but as you get older and into the professional scene... that doesn't change- try working with people's money... that's when the "good" attitudes come out. As far as co-workers... "do not let anybody put you down because you are young, but be an example."
  23. but Mat, I'll agree with you from that perspective. Guests can be major pains in the, uh.... you get the point. But I hope you understand from my post that- texting and listening to personal entertainment devices does not figure into your experience.
  24. i was at KI about 3 weeks ago and it wasn't so much bad attitudes/disrespect.... i saw employees texting and listening to mp3 players. That's unacceptable. You wouldn't even get by with that working at McDonalds. And it's that particular attitude that is going to earn KI lawsuits from negligence. I've been on the Volunteer staff's before (a program I think they have discontinued) and have been specifically "placed" at certain locations and the problem I've seen from the last few years have been supervisors (those are the ones in the ties this year, right?) that were too concerned with being a "fun" boss- than being a responsible supervisor.
  25. Outdoor Man replied to a post in a topic in Rumors
    sigh.
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.