Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Outdoor Man

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Outdoor Man

  1. [half-laughing] like anything that is said/suggested on this will EVER actually inspire the powers that be to change anything based on the opions expressed.
  2. they could be signs left over from last year also.
  3. wow AZ... that's about the most sensible thing I've read on these boards. No offense to Stremmefan, but 16 years between visits is a long time. Kings Island was barely past 16 years old when your last visit was (19 if you're doing the math). The details on the train ride were bound to change or die out. KI is a regional park, not a vacation destination.... there's only so many times you can "save the lady from the train" in front of the same crowd before it gets old. Without the water park- the train ride is no longer there. Enchanted Voyage was removed by KECO and had nothing to do with Paramount... as a matter of fact, they're the ones that brought Scooby back to that location. I agree the shops could be better placed. this is a food stop... but Panda Express really doesn't "fit" in a German themed area/building (Festhaus). I would like to see CF the volume up on some of the themed areas. for the most part I agree with your post- but many things are in the past and not likely to make a comeback. I like the Jetsons but I don't know when the last time I saw them on TV was.... even longer for Yogi. Nick's time will go in time also. anything beyond that see AZ's post.
  4. off-observations: On KI's ride page, Top Gun... I mean, Thunder Roa... uh, Flight Deck is the only ride that doesn't have a "more details" link/page.
  5. someone mentioned it before a day or so ago about CF not being original on Ride names. That seems to have been across the board from Paramount days... and before. Paramount Years reused names: Top Gun, Flight of Fear, IJST, Fairly Odd, Runaway Reptar, Boomerang Bay, etc... Even before Paramount: Thunder Road was going to be used more than once, Vortex, White Water Canyon, Eiffel Tower (attraction, not name), The Beast / Bush Beast, The all do it. It is a marketing dollars and cents thing.
  6. I don't live in Atlanta, so there's my qualifications for this statement; but hasn't Atlanta since November been on a more "regular" rainfall pattern? Not sure that any deficit has been recaptured, but if they didn't close them last year during the height of the drought- why would they choose to close things when the drought is retreating? Like I said, I don't live there, don't know what the conditions are. here in Cincinnati the lake at the front of our subdivision entrance was about 2 foot down in September.... As of this morning it was frozen at the top of the banks. So I would assume our drought is over- though I think since Jan. 1 2007 we're still a few inches shy of "normal."
  7. Congo was an awful movie. I would like to do two polls. #1- who on this board knew Congo was a movie #2- who on this board even knew that Congo was more than just a country to conqueror on a "Risk" board
  8. yea, I'm thinking like closing weekend 2006.
  9. and I notice that Face/Off... er... Invertigo is located in "Action Zone" - which has a "TM" by the name... does that mean that this area is subject to a name change as well? Also, the PKI... I mean KI web "favicon" is still the Paramount mountain.
  10. So CF needs to get rid of any reference to the Paramount Movie days.... What's up with this? Check the name of the park... http://www2.cedarfair.com/kingsisland/attr...l.cfm?ai_id=158 wouldn't this seem like a pretty simple fix.... 2 years ago?
  11. Outdoor Man replied to RaCeR's topic in Rumors
    I remember rumors of "the Sky Ride" that when something happened to cause them to shut down for several hours that they started crashing to the ground.
  12. Outdoor Man replied to RaCeR's topic in Rumors
    No, Woofer... you're wrong. It was because it was sinking that the restraints came loose and the sinking part shot them out.
  13. sniff, sniff- thought I had the "hot scoop." for "new" news, it didn't stay on the top 5 topics very long....
  14. say hello to Back Lot Stunt Coaster (IJST), Invertigo (Face/Off), Thunder Alley (Days of Thunder), Flight Deck (Top Gun), the Crypt (TRTR)... http://www1.cedarfair.com/kingsisland/attr...ry.cfm?ac_id=18 Guess this answers questions about Tomb Raider leaving.......
  15. the year before Drop Zone was installed there was a sign that sat in front of the "pad" that said something along the lines of "something new will 'drop in' in 2000" (or whenever pki installed it). They never actually said that it was going there- i just assume since the sign was at that location they were planning to place it there. and, yes- the Zodiac used to be there.
  16. the flight commander pad was the original location of Drop Zone. it would have added a different element to have put the Eagles there. But agreed... with the current offering there- it is wasted space.
  17. While there are many rides to be missed. I miss the parking lot tram the most!
  18. someone may have posted this already, i don't know i didn't read every comment. But to me it shows the long-term commitment that CF is "not" going to have iwth the Nick license. My guess is that they'll use it till it expires then we'll start seeing Penauts invade the hallowed HB/Nick areas. Nick is very much the "in" thing right now. Had CF intended to extend the license I'm guessing they would have invaded, at least in part, some of the area at the Point.
  19. good thinkin' JacksonPKI. rip out a roller coaster and place a ferris wheel on a 5-acre plot. That would be ONE HECK of a line que. It would look as busy as SOB's line. Amazon/Congo falls would do much better with a re-theme, not just a name change... enclose the thing- maybe slip a few dinosaurs in there....... oh, wait- for that kind of creativity on theming you have to have a Universal or Disney.
  20. Whoa TopGun... those are recent blue prints- at least as of 2006. Has someone been sniffing in Mr. Kinzel's medicine cabinet to snuff those out? If memory serves me correctly, Firehawk's p-ress release last year came on Feb. 5... though I seem to recall overhead flight pictures foretelling a certain story was going to break sooner or later... as far as I've seen this year, no such pictures have been taken....... Air-men!, do you jobs- what the hockey sticks are we paying you for?!?!
  21. OK- not calling it Fairly Odd Coaster, Beastie, Scooby Doo, etc... Here's a Q. and not necessarily to the topic, but when the Nic license runs out.... then what is it called? Back to Beastie or some other new name we won't call it.
  22. I think you'll see what CF's long-term intentions with the whole Nic scenario will be based on whether the original CF parks begin picking up Nic characters. I thought it very interesting (and likely means NOTHING- just thought it interesting)- the whole Charlie Brown/Peanuts gang that CF parks proudly display in their kids areas have their DVD's published by none other than "PARAMOUNT PICTURES."
  23. if i'm not mistaken though, Forest fair was trying to appeal to the upper-income crowd and got trumped when the Kenwood Mall crossed the street. They were trying to introduce stores like Lord & Taylor, a suburban Saks 5th Avenue, Parisian- ie some high-end stores... then try to mix it up with a Biggs, amusement area, and a psychodelic movie theater.... anyone remember those lights?
  24. let me take a different spin on this. This will the place that "dad takes the kids while mom is shopping." My wife and i visited this past week and my thoughts were- ok our daughter and I will hang out here while you stress for hours over the same pair of shoes from three different stores. this will end up being a haven for dads and toddlers.
  25. it would be nice to have reason to think that there is some plausible reason that the 2nd lift/tunnel would lead to something much better than the station. I remember riding it for the first time in 1991 and thinking to myself that maybe there will be a drop at the end, or a turn, or "something" other than........... the station. It is a classic poster-child example of a list of "good" Kings Island rides that fall just short of being 'great.'
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.