Everything posted by WooferBearATL
-
What happened to the Season Pass Preview Days?
Well we know for certain that the company is concentrating on Price Integrity and Nostalgia. <G>
-
An Advantage To KI Opening So Late In The Season
An ice cream he adores so much, he even knows how to spell it. Oh, wait. That's the Ice Cream by Tony the Tiger..... Itttttt'ssss Greeaaat!
-
Something Old Becomes New Again at Kings Island: Red Racer vs. Blue Racer, Season Pass Processing, 2008 Entertainment Lineup, Halloween Haunt & More
Harder and more expensive? Are the current crop of ride ops more lazy? Hell, they used to race the coasters when the ride ops used hand brakes!
-
An Advantage To KI Opening So Late In The Season
For a Week! Personally, I prefer Aglamesis! God's Perfect Ice Cream
-
An Advantage To KI Opening So Late In The Season
Not only is it great, but it's a landmark. I remember when there was a fight to create another ramp to I74. The ramp would have taken Putz's out. The community rose up and said no.
-
What happened to the Season Pass Preview Days?
Why do you assume that?
-
Red Racer's New Logo
By the logos or the fact that they sent in a pic that shows the park does not invest in grass seed or lawn fertilizer?
-
KI Preview & Don Helbig Profile article
Well he was speaking to the esteemed Don "Just Call Me Mr. Nostalgia" Helbig. Kinda like a Seinfeld episode?
-
Slow Lifeguards Cited In CGA Drowning Investigation
Lord, I just don't know how any business can operate in California.
-
Red Racer's New Logo
One Side Says "Nost" and the other side says "Algia"
-
SIX Now On Penny Stock Lists
You mean she's not a day trader yet? Lord! <G>
-
Something Old Becomes New Again at Kings Island: Red Racer vs. Blue Racer, Season Pass Processing, 2008 Entertainment Lineup, Halloween Haunt & More
Just kinda look up into the air, whistle and think nostalgically! I get it! <G> And Congrats, by the way!
-
Red Racer's New Logo
We'll see come April 20th. But if it is, I amend my comment to state that I would have much rather seen the old logo with the individually raised lettering. Wow... modernizing nostalgia. I didn't even know that was possible. Hey! It's Like New Coke! It's New Nostalgia!
-
Something Old Becomes New Again at Kings Island: Red Racer vs. Blue Racer, Season Pass Processing, 2008 Entertainment Lineup, Halloween Haunt & More
Then you should try being heavy and riding. That is much less fun than riding when I was skinny. But the good news is, I've lost 29 lbs in the off-season, and still working on it. That should make some difference for me. Where did you lose it? Is there an Amber or a Levi's Alert posted? Are we going to find those pounds on 29#?
-
Backlot stunt coaster
Universal and Disney have actual Studios at their Parks.
-
SIX Now On Penny Stock Lists
Just tell her that you're going outside the park to eat so that you're able to make return visits this year.
-
SIX Now On Penny Stock Lists
Seems that CF and even Six have forgotten that the higher the price, the more sales will fall in the Resale Area. If they actually priced food appropriately, they would not only generate good will with guests but create a tidy profit. In turn, they're increasing sales of all the food businesses around the park.
-
SIX Now On Penny Stock Lists
Exactly. I think that people are going to be doing the 1 destination trip (if at all) and curtail other activities. I suspect if anything, parks will see an increase in the Water Park area but not in the amusement/theme park area. The kicker here is that the move with GL may turn out looking like a brilliant move.
-
SIX Now On Penny Stock Lists
If the economy downturn sticks, I wonder which parks survive. I don't think that Disney or Universal will have issues. I actually don't think that CP will have issues, either as it's become more of a resort/get away vacation. The Busch parks can pull from Williamsburg and from Orlando. Maybe Dollywood can pull from Gatlinburg. But the other major parks?
-
Should the train be the next Nostalgia Reclamation project
I think that Don's theory on this is to throw everything against the wall and see what sticks.
-
Dominator Pics...
That's simply lack of creativity on CF's portion. If they would actually approach the sites as a useful tool to work with and put value on their employees, that would not be an issue. In turn, if they did not approach everything as if it were a great secret, it would be easier as well.
-
Dominator Pics...
Was a differnt day and age in the 80's or 90's for CP and KI. Seems that they had a whole lot more trust and faith in their employees. From the reports and your personal experience, Gordon, seems that the parks right now do not even trust their supervisors with park information. I know that for KI, it chaned with the Paramount take over. But those days are over.
-
Cincinnati Zoo, Something for the offseason.
I think the Big Cats called it lunch.
-
Cincinnati Zoo, Something for the offseason.
Those "kitty cats" don't necessarily purr and meow. 3 guys in San Francisco tried to hug and pet a "kitty cat" like one of those in the pics. The result was not exactly what they expected. Is that what we're calling tormenting and abusing the animals?
-
Dominator Pics...
Uhhh, I can assure you that Cedar Point had no love lost for GL. I attended college in Ashland from 1986 - 1990. Many of the students worked at Cedar Point. They made no bones that they did consider GL to be competition.