Everything posted by WooferBearATL
-
PKI should consider...
Souvenir is still a good deal for season pass holders.
-
Scott Sloan takes on the Re-Reinvented Racer.
One Year The Park Made Up T-Shirts for everyone that said "Where Everybody Knows Your Name." Some of the folk in Resale put a slide show together to the song and played it at either the Luau or Pig Roast Employee Party.
-
When will Dora Go?
I just find all that grammar stuff so Wordy!!!
-
Scott Sloan takes on the Re-Reinvented Racer.
Tom, we know that the reason is one of those. Mr. Helbig is working a bit of "spin" there to say it's all about nostalgia. I really don't think that anyone (save maybe 1 or 2) believes that the reason is for nostalgia.
-
When will Dora Go?
Chef, why would they tell you first? I think that Chef is alluding to Don's statement regarding Nostalgia and bringing it back.
-
King Cobra Returns?
Don't you all know that Stand Up's are A Fad! Stop talking about actually enjoying the coasters! <G>
-
National City Pavilion Lineup Announced
Lase concert I went to at Riverbend was Tim McGraw and Kenny Chesney. It' took almost 3 hours to get out of the parking lot.
-
Oil Today Closed at $101.01
That food cost is more than you think. Being in the food business (in a past life ), the cost of not only food, but all the supplies that go along with serving food is about 35% of the total cost for a particular item. Then add in the utility costs (which have been going up with the cost of oil) and overhead, there really is not that much left over to make a profit. No, having been a food service supervisor at Kings Island and been a restaurant manager (yes, both many moons ago) I can assure you that amusement parks are a little bubble. Any restaurant would kill to have labor and food cost percentages that are even double what they have at a park.
-
Something Old Becomes New Again at Kings Island: Red Racer vs. Blue Racer, Season Pass Processing, 2008 Entertainment Lineup, Halloween Haunt & More
Oh, I disagree. Flight Deck pails in comparison to The Bat. Don't get me wrong, Flight Deck is a nice little ride, but it's nothing like the experience that The Bat was.
-
King Cobra Returns?
What is this accusing different coaster type and styles "gimmicks.' The stand up coaster seems to be a "gimmick" that exists in a few remaining parks. I always seem to see healthy lines at those remaining coasters.
-
Something Old Becomes New Again at Kings Island: Red Racer vs. Blue Racer, Season Pass Processing, 2008 Entertainment Lineup, Halloween Haunt & More
Great ride. Horrible Down Time. Actually makes Deja Vu look dependable.
-
National City Pavilion Lineup Announced
Parking is not a problem. It's usually quick and orderly. Leaving after the concert is a cluster ****.
-
Best cocktails in the nation?
Which is why I posted the original source. <G>
-
National City Pavilion Lineup Announced
It kills me that Coney charges for that fiasco they call parking. Ya think they'll ever work out the horrible congestion issues?
-
Best cocktails in the nation?
Uhhhh, yeah. That's even discussed in the comments. That article is an April Fools joke.
-
Best cocktails in the nation?
Cheers Magazine “We received 110 entries from 47 restaurant chains, a record, and all of them were impressive for their creativity, innovation and impact on sales,” said Cheers Editor Donna Hood Crecca. The awards program is open to all chain restaurants, defined as an operation with five or more locations in two or more markets. The chain must be in existence for at least three years. The criteria for these awards are the program’s creativity, originality and impact on the sales and profitability of a full-service restaurant operation. Other factors considered are the level of marketing support, staff training and overall operator commitment to the initiative that lead to its success. The entries were evaluated by a judging panel that included previous Cheers Awards for Beverage Excellence winners and other leading operators.
-
National City Pavilion Lineup Announced
Well, no doubt Tim will do very well. Are most of the Major Acts going up to Polaris and skipping Cincy?
-
Best cocktails in the nation?
Oh, I'm certain it's being touted in many of the lounges. It's something to be very proud of.
-
Scott Sloan takes on the Re-Reinvented Racer.
Newspapers, TV Stations and Radio Station will generally run a blurb on any press release from a large local entity. If KI had sent out a memo that they'd flushed the toilet in Rivertown it would have made it into one medium or another.
-
National City Pavilion Lineup Announced
<G> Did ya know when TimberWolf opened that it did not have concrete but had mulch throughout the entire venue? That was changed very, very, very fast. The mulch just turned into a giant mess and was impossible to clean up after. I've seen dozens of shows at TimberWolf and probably worked even more of them. Never had an issue with sight lines there. Everywhere seemed to be a good seat. Maybe people have less manners now than when I was last there? I've only sat in the Pavillion at Riverbend and have always had a great experience. The only thing that sucks about Riverbend as it takes as long to get out of the parking lot as any show that goes on.
-
Scott Sloan takes on the Re-Reinvented Racer.
Well, however you feel about them changing The Racer's both to forward, the reason given that it is for nostalgia is quite the crock. I'd agree with Pagoda. Certainly, some may choose to believe that is the reason but I think that most here are adult enough to know that is not the real reason. I would actually like to hear what the real reason is. Will we ever find out? Probably not from the park directly, but it probably is one of the multiple reasons that has been posted on the board.
-
National City Pavilion Lineup Announced
I've always liked shows at TimberWolf and Riverbend.
-
National City Pavilion Lineup Announced
I'd have to question that there are less "Big" acts on tour. Here in Atlanta, Phillips Arena and Gwinnett Center have shows. Chastain Ampitheater runs major shows a couple times a week from April Through the end of October.
-
Something Old Becomes New Again at Kings Island: Red Racer vs. Blue Racer, Season Pass Processing, 2008 Entertainment Lineup, Halloween Haunt & More
Hmmm, I watched Entertainment tonight pretty regularly during that time period. Never saw a story. I think it would be great if you posted the USA Today story from when this happened as it's something that I'd never seen. USA Today was quite a young paper at that time. Should be interesting. -edit: In fact, I just checked and the paper appears to have been founded in 1982. Now I'm really curious to see the interview in question. And unfortunately Boddah, I collected pretty much EVERYTHING KI at that time. There was not so much as a big story in the Enquirer. I can only remember 1 smaller size add that was placed in the Enquirer and that was several weeks after the change had been made.
-
A Peek at Riverbend`s New Venue
It must be that crystal ball!