Everything posted by FOFirehawkFAN
-
Changes Coming to The Park?
That would be sweet but Im still set on a floorless B&M *cough* Dominator *cough*
-
What is KI's scariest ride
By far Drop Zone i've ridden it prob close to 10 times and still scares the **** out of me every time I start to ascend the tower.
-
Geauga Lake 2008 Attractions
Sorry apparently I hit a nerve there, and I do agree with what you all are saying. But the park was doing quite well untill Six Flags over developed it, and if they had taken it slower it could still be an awesome park, I will always hate Six Flags for that.
-
"Don't Bet Against Six Flags"
And then they turned people away and didnt even let them in for free.
-
"Don't Bet Against Six Flags"
What policy is that? Wearing a shirt with offending stuff on it. Instead of putting it inside out they wont let you in the park at all. They also had one that said you wasnt able to go back in the park unless you paid again. No hand stamps. That got pulled 1st week it was put out. Lost season pass holders and 50% of bussiness. Oh god I remember the no stamp rule, also did anyone else hear about the radio promotion where the first so many people got in six flags free (i think it was Atlana) and it backed up the interstate for hours on top of morning rush hour.
-
Changes Coming to The Park?
I mean it does really need a Ferris Wheel and he already named a fort after himself so why not.
-
Brady Bunch at Kings Island!
Ok ok my bad, but i was really refering to the fact that a studio used one of their TV shows to promote a park.
-
Changes Coming to The Park?
I really like how this thread is still on topic.
-
Changes Coming to The Park?
I HATE ferris wheels lol
-
Brady Bunch at Kings Island!
Yeah YouTube removed Part 1 and Part 3 of it you can still watch Part 2, but I have it on tape or DVD somewhere and Im gonna try and add it so if anyone hasnt seen it they can and see how much the park really has changed. I think The Racer and the log flume are just about the only rides that are still there.
-
Brady Bunch at Kings Island!
Does anyone else remember this episode of the Brady Bunch where Mike supposedly is designing the expansion to the park. I was looking through my mom's old photo albums and she def has a picture of Alice riding the old Barrel ride (she was there one of the days they were filming obviously) and I just thought that was really neat. Kings Island is like the only park used on a TV show other than Disney World (unless you count Magic Mountain on the Step by Step theme song). Sorry just thought id bring up some old history of the park.
-
Demon Drop for 2008?
I don't know what what will be sadder loseing Demon Drop or when we lost the log flume (name escapes me at the minute).
-
Changes Coming to The Park?
Disney does have a lot of older rides, yes, but their newer rides are pretty sweet. Rock n' Roller Coaster is so much smoother than FoF and it has themeing around the track in the building, Mission:Space feels like lift off (so says actual astronauts), Soarin' is one of Disney's most popular rides (feels like hang gliding over CA), and I don't know if any other company has $100M to put down on a ride like Disney did on Expedition Everest. I love the fact that CF decided to start building themed coasters like Maverick. I can't wait to ride it. And it makes me even more excited since they now own KI and we'll hopefully be receiving a nicely themed while still thrilling coaster. I agree with all of those, which is why I said Magic Kingdom. And I want to ride all the rides you just listed esp Expedition Everest SO bad, but Im going to DisneyLand in a few weeks so at least Ill get to ride Soarin.
-
Son Of Beast still worth riding?
I agree but instead of a hyper coaster build another woodie. Ok as far as I can figure based on everything Ive read KI got at least what they spent on SOB in their settlement so tear it down and build another woodie but this time a good one, use a good company to build it, and have a lot of air time (you can still build it to be the tallest and fastest but make it fun, and use millenium flyers).
-
Changes Coming to The Park?
I totally agree with you. Sometimes it seems like the rides at KI were placed randomly (an Indian Jones themed ride (AE) in Oktoberfest, IJ in Coney Mall, TR:TR in Rivertown, Scooby-Doo on International Street, and anything in Action Zone since I don't feel that "Action" is a theme unless the rest of KI was just benches and scenery). Hopefully CF can try to re-theme KI some what because one of the reasons that Disney stands out in my mind (among many many things) is their intense themeing and attention to detail. Of coruse I mean to be honest (IMO) most of the rides at Disney esp Magic Kingdom are old crappy rides, but their imense amount of theming and effects make them more fun than a start of the art brand new ride that was plopped down in a fenced off section of the parking lot. And this is one thing I think a lot of amusment parks are just now starting to pick up on (Maverick).
-
Demon Drop for 2008?
Not gonna happen it is for sale, but it will stay at CP until some park in Japan or India buys it or it breaks down and it's worth the cost of fixing it. But I will be very sad to see it go, honestly of ALL the rides at CP for some reason this one is still one of the scariest to me.
-
Changes Coming to The Park?
Well i know it'll never happen Im just saying in a perfect world thats how KI should be layed out.
-
FIREHAWK=big time disappointment/waste of time.
Hmm, you wait 20 min and say it's a waste of time and everyone else on this forum says theyve waited 3-5 hours and it was well worth the wait. I myself had even ridden X-Flight numerous times every summer since it was built and still thought Firehawk was well worth the wait. So i guess to each his own but ur def in the minority.
-
Changes Coming to The Park?
Ok I know there has been a lot of talk all over this forum about adding a B&M floorless or inverted coaster, a hyepr coaster, and of course a bathroom back by x-base. Well there are 2 things that have been bothering me about the park for awhile now and I think should be fixed let me know what you think. First I think IJST should have been build in Action Zone it's a much better fit for the ride and the park area. Days of thunder could go and KI could get a really nice go-kart track and mini-golf course (maybe) in the future like Cedar Point and valleyfair and im sure some other Cedar Fair parks have. Also if Adventure Express were moved to Rivertown, i have no idea if this is possible and if it even is it will prob never happen but it seems to make so much more sense to me, you know where that giant pond is. Also this way IJST would def fit where days of thunder is. Lastly we'd be left with a big open area where Adventure Express used to be, would be a perfect spot for all of you who want a new B&M coaster, and it would be a perfect fit for the new Xbase now we just need those bathrooms and a couple flat rides. (Honestly I wouldn't be suprised if the B&M floorless "Dominator" at GL found its way to KI before too long cause I think GL is going down). Oh and then they could build a old fashioned cars again and possibly a ferris wheel where IJST is now and Coney Mall would once again deserve to be called Coney Mall. Also just kill Oktoberfest already. Sorry I am really big on the whole themeing and seperate areas of the park and Id really like to see Cedar Fair keep up with it and add on to it. Let me know what you think of these ideas.
-
Maxx Pass = Gold Pass?
Yes it is kind of a pain to go to CP with a maxx pass bought at KI but a Maxx pass purchased at CP can be scanned right at the front gate at KI go figure.
-
What do you predict Kings Island's 08 attraction will be?
I agree that was a sad one to go. Also Its one of the few parks to not have a Ferris Wheel, also no antique cars, both of which seem to be pretty common amusment park rides. (and yes I know that there used to be antique cars).
-
What do you predict Kings Island's 08 attraction will be?
WHAT? KI has a reputation for being a park with good flat rides? Perhaps the ONLY major park with fewer flat rides than Kings Island is Six Flags Over Georgia. Both need more, DESPERATELY. As for TRTR never being torn down, I am willing to bet nearly any amount of money that it leaves this earth before I do. And I suspect it will leave its present location on terra firma sooner rather than later. Another park could have a million flat rides, doesn't mean they are all good and fun to ride.
-
What do you predict Kings Island's 08 attraction will be?
WHAT? KI has a reputation for being a park with good flat rides? Perhaps the ONLY major park with fewer flat rides than Kings Island is Six Flags Over Georgia. Both need more, DESPERATELY. As for TRTR never being torn down, I am willing to bet nearly any amount of money that it leaves this earth before I do. And I suspect it will leave its present location on terra firma sooner rather than later. Well to start Drop Zone is the tallest Gyro Drop in the world and said to be one the funnest and scariest freefall rides around. Also Delerium was the first Huss Giant Frisbee ever and was a smash hit! And the line for TRTR compared to other Top Spins is crazy. So yes I think I am justified in saying KI has some pretty good flat rides.
-
6/1 Night Report
So I decided to go to KI for a few hours tonight just to get some rides in and maybe catch the fireworks show for the first time this summer. First thing that upset me off The Bat is that TRTR was closed and they didn't tell anyone they kept letting them get in line so after waiting for 30 min and not moving we finally left the line. And we got stuck on IJST at the Helicopter section for about 20 min for who knows why. Also if anyone is curious the wait for Firehawk was only at around 1 hour at around 8PM. One thing tonight that impressed me A LOT was the friendliness of all the ride operators there, interacting with the guests. The restraint checker on Delerium gave everyone a double high five after she checked their harness and I though that was neat. This was also my first time riding The Beast at night which I have to say was AWESOME everyone needs to do it! Other than that was a pretty typical visit. I was really impressed with the maitenance and relability of the rides the first couple weekends the park was open but it seems now that it's getting worse.
-
Son Of Beast still worth riding?
Haha nice. I agree though, just doesn't do anything for me, seems like a waste of money along with The Villian. The Beast is def my fav woodie and after that a lot of the older ones I think have a better ride due to airtime (Big Dipper at GL and Blue Streak at CP).