Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Kings Island Central Forums

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tom76257

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tom76257

  1. Nice PTR, Angie. I had a great time and REALLY want to go back and ride some of my favorite rides at amusement/theme parks. I actually miss Holiday World more than I do Cedar Point. Terpy, I know what you mean. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a huge fan of lats. I ALMOST enjoy The Legend more than I do The Voyage. In fact, for a few hours The Legend secured my #1 wooden coaster spot over The Voyage. I want to put The Legend back at #1, but I'm not sure. Oh well. I guess I'll just have to ride them both more!
  2. I think there was a line in the commercial with the baby carriage along the lines of: Our baby has grown up. Didn't the carriage roll down the first drop too if I remember right?
  3. I didn't realize it was the greeter stand either. I really liked the ride too. It was the coaster that got me to like coasters. I'm planing on going to Kings Dominion next year. One ride I am REALLY looking forward to riding is Shockwave. Memories....
  4. Mine would have to be Diamondback with 97 rides. The only thing even remotely close would have to be The Beast. I know I have somewhere between 30 and 60 rides on it, but I didn't start counting my rides until this year. I've visited the park on average about 3 or 4 times each year (except this one) since 1998 and got at least one ride on The Beast each visit since I started liking roller coasters in 1999. I know I didn't go at all for at least one year, though.
  5. For me, it would be Mean Streak. I think it might have been where I sat, though (In the very back seat.). The strange thing about this is that I actually want to like the ride and will be riding it twice Sunday (Once in the middle and once in the front.). The coaster that I WILL NOT ride no matter how much anyone tries to persuade me is Blue Racer. I love Red Racer to death, but the blue side just equals PAIN in my opinion.
  6. Normally, I don't vote on a ride until I ride it, but I honestly have to give this one to Intimidator 305. It will have just about everything I like in a coaster - a great first drop, sustained speed, tight turns, airtime, positive Gs, a low to the ground layout, high speed turns, and LATS! It honestly reminds me a lot of Maverick with it being so low to the ground and having such a compact layout (Maverick is my #2 steel coaster.). When you also throw in a little bit of what Diamondback (My #3 steel coaster.) has with 6 airtime hills then you may begin to realize that Intimidator 305 might just be a great ride. I have doubts, but I also had doubts when I saw the first animated POV of Diamondback. Having never ridden a steel hypercoaster before, I thought to myself, "Hills. Repeatedly. This looks kind of boring." Boy, was I EVER wrong! I wouldn't have ridden it 79 times by now if I didn't like it as much as I do. All in all, I'm looking forward to going to Kings Dominion next year to ride Intimidator 305 and a lot of other great rides at KD. I'm hoping to add 2 more coasters to my count this year so I can make it my 50th coaster next year. Bash me all you want, but I'm looking forward to doing some laps next year on what will be the world's newest giga coaster.
  7. Nice PTR, Angie. Sorry you didn't get to ride Skyscraper or Dragster, but 7 rides on Maverick and 5 on Millennium Force?! That's a great day at Cedar Point! One day, my friend, you will get to experience Cedar Point, and when you do it'll TOTALLY be worth it! I hadn't gone until this year and WOW (I'm 24 and have wanted to go since the mid '90s.)! If your parents like coasters and great flat rides then Cedar Point is worth waiting in lines. Those that have been there know what I mean.
  8. What does he look like? That's probably the same one I'm talking about. He's an African-American that's probably in his late teens or early 20s. I've also seen him both wearing and not wearing sunglasses.
  9. I used to think the same way until I rode The Tornado at Stricker's Grove. WHAT A DIFFERENCE! It's a good ride in the 2nd last row and a GREAT ride in the last row. Also, I've had trimless rides on Magnum in both the 2nd last and last rows of the train. The last row was PAINFUL and is the reason why I try to shy away from wheel seats on Magnum. The 2nd last row was almost no pain at all.
  10. 1. Red Racer 2. Blue Streak 3. Blue Racer I enjoy the hills on Red Racer a lot! Blue Racer = OUCH! A lot of people get airtime on Blue Streak, but I have yet to experience it. I REALLY want to like Blue Streak and have tried three different seats. Oh well. I'll get another chance to like it when I go to Cedar Point here soon!
  11. My favorite ride op HAS to be Keenan on Diamondback. If he's on the mic (whether it be assigning seats, in the control booth, or the main mic) he WILL make you laugh. I've heard him hum, do Diamondback trivia, and incorporate Diamondback into songs that he sings. He ALWAYS seems to be enjoying his job!
  12. 79 rides for me. I'm content with 100 for the season.
  13. Coasters that still thrill me - Diamondback, Firehawk, The Beast (Not nearly as much as it used to, though.), Son of Beast, Vortex, Invertigo, Red Racer, Maverick, Millennium Force, Magnum, Dragster, Greezed Lightnin', Thunder Run, The Voyage, The Legend, and The Raven. One coaster that used to thrill me that I still miss to this day was King Cobra. I wanna go to Canada's Wonderland and ride SkyRider SO badly. Flat rides that still thrill me - Slingshot, Skyhawk, Drop Tower, Liberty Launch, and pick a tilt-a-whirl (I LOVE LATS!). On a side note, some of the best rides I've ever had are the ones in which I was scared at least just a little bit just before the first time I rode the ride. Ask anyone I was with during the first night of CoasterMania! this year and they'll COMPLETELY agree with me that I was scared out of my own skin of Maverick's first drop. That fear was turned into an adrenaline rush when the drop was over. On its final brake run, I decided that Maverick was my #1 steel coaster at the time. Fear (to me at least) is an integral part of a ride actually being thrilling. Another side note - Dave, I realize that some rides are better than others and some might not thrill you now, but just wait until Opening Day next year. I can't even begin to tell you how much I wanted to ride a roller coaster over the offseason.
  14. I'm in the 5K, but I haven't trained worth a darn.
  15. Um, Rachel, if I had a job I'd be in! You still have to ride my now second favorite steel coaster, Maverick! Skyhawk is also a must because it's my favorite flat ride anywhere.
  16. Member with the funniest/most puzzling avatar. I've had a few people ask me what I'm doing in my avatar. That Top Thrill Dragster can be a slow one when it has mechanical problems!
  17. I've only been to five theme/amusement parks, but I'll try to help out. From best to what I thought was the least best (I liked them all.): Cedar Point - COASTERS,COASTERS, AND MORE COASTERS! Also a HUGE variety of flat rides. Resorts are right there on the peninsula with the park. It's also completely surrounded by water which makes it a beautiful park. Holiday World - Three of the best wooden coasters I've EVER ridden including the top ranked wooden coaster in the world, The Voyage. The flats aren't bad either. FREE EVERYTHING - drinks, parking, sunscreen, etc. The food prices are awesome and the food is too! Also has the second ranked water park in the world, Splashin' Safari. Kings Island - Home park. 'Nuff said! Almost - while I like the selection in coasters, KI could REALLY use some more flat rides. Other than that, awesome park. Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom - This has to be THE most underrated park I've ever been to. I'd heard nothing but bad things, went there, and was completely surprised. They only have six working coasters, but all of them (except T2) are great! Thunder Run made it into my Top 5 Wood and Greezed Lightnin' is simply the most underrated ride I've ever ridden. Simple, yet effective. Not a bad selection of flats there either. I'm hearing the water ride Deluge is awesome, but I haven't ridden it yet. Americana/Lesourdesville Lake - I only went there once and KICK MYSELF for not riding Screechin' Eagle (I didn't like roller coasters at the time.). I wish the park was still open, but you can't always get what you want. Hope this helps!
  18. Same. I fall asleep during NASCAR, but a ride on my favorite steel coaster would sure wake me up!
  19. I've got one - Most KIC'ers on a coaster train. 22 on one train for Diamondback during RWW HAS to count for something! I didn't think it could be done, but Jesse pulled it off. Kudos to him!
  20. Tom76257 replied to khaoskat's topic in Rumors
    Is it just me or is speculation being turned into "fact" funny to anyone else? NO, Vortex is not sinking! I'm sure SOB will reopen some time. As for Nick U, who knows? I could see Cedar Fair keeping the Nick license for the simple fact that Nick U is the best kids' area in the world for many years now (8 in a row I believe). I could also see it turned into a Peanuts area just like Cedar Point. Can't we all just wait and see instead of speculate when we don't have solid facts right in front of us?
  21. The next time I ride Diamondback and you're checking restraints I will show you what I mean by "anti-staple mode." Kat showed me this and it's worked for me ever since then. You simply slide your hips forward in your seat and slouch a little bit. This will give you enough room between you and the restraint so as you're not stapled when you return to your regular position.
  22. Um, Zach, I was with her and I can vouch that Millennium Force has INSANE ejector airtime in 2-1. It's as good as Magnum's if you ask me. Go into anti-staple mode and leave even just a little bit of space between yourself and the lapbar for the ride and you will FLY out of your seat! There's a reason why Millie is now my #1 steel coaster and EJECTOR airtime is part of it. That ride is off the chain even besides the airtime! Give it a chance like I did and you'll see a definite difference. I didn't think too much of it at CoasterMania!, but now I'm having bona fide withdrawals!
  23. I don't think I've done that, but I have gotten first train of the day on my birthday and last train of the night a few times.
  24. VERY true, Terpy. I've found that Arrow coasters are A LOT more reliable than most Intamin coasters.
  25. Nice TR, Angie! It was a great day at my favorite park even with the heat, line jumpers, and it being a crowded Sunday (oxymoron?). Next time, though, I'm thinking Top Thrill Dragster should be hit RIGHT AT 10:00. Why the world's 2nd tallest and 2nd fastest coaster isn't an ERT ride and Iron Dragon is I'll never know. It also amazed me what a trimless ride on Magnum can do to your top 10 list. I'm not sure where to put it, but it's in there. One last thing, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, Angie for showing me that seat on Millennium Force! For those of you who don't know, I wasn't that impressed with the 4 rides I got at CoasterMania! on Millie. It is now my #1 steel coaster and I understand why it has never been below the #2 steel roller coaster in the world since its debut. For those of you who don't think that Millie has airtime RIDE IN THE FIRST ROW OF THE SECOND CAR! When you lean forward because of the amount of airtime you get, you know it's GREAT!
Background Picker

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.