-
Six Flags and Cedar Fair Merge
Yes, the immersiveness is why we go to Universal 4-5 times a year and keep a season pass. Every turn you make, any path you go down you are in another world. I know they have big budgets but I think the Cincinnati Zoo does a great job too . . just thinking about there is a street with old houses only 30-40 feet away while walking thru Jungle Trails. But you're in the jungle. Kings Island got me as kid in the 70's walking thru the gate and seeing International Street. The buildings, grand fountains, smells, sounds and then the Eiffel Tower. It was amazing. I miss walking around Swan Lake, The Beast lake, the Ivy Tunnel. I am not trying to beat on KI, maybe I just got too familiar.
-
Kings Island sentiment
I appreciate the park continually updating The Beast by refurbishing the 2nd drop hill this season.
-
Kings Island General Discussion 2026
Every once in a great while, my fingers still want to type 'pki' to get to the Paramount's Kings Island page.
-
Six Flags to relocate corporate office to Arlington. Texas
I just want our Flying Eagles back from Carowinds. 😁
-
New Website Reports
The part at the bottom of the forums that say "Go to topic listing" or "Previous Next Page" are very hard to see until scroll up to the sky in the background picture. But love the new format.
-
Kings Island General Discussion 2026
I took my wife yesterday for the first time this year . . we both have been Gold Pass users for 20+ years. Everything was so messy and dirty she said she's not coming back and told me to not renew her pass this year. I also noticed a lot of areas that needed the grass to be cut. We are both Universal pass holders too and go 4-5 times year. I told her to not compare the two but she is anyway.
-
Hershey Is Going Big In 2026
Here's a story that Hershey may not open on time due to a union strike. https://www.yahoo.com/news/articles/hersheypark-pennsylvania-could-forced-close-165740558.html
-
Kings Island General Discussion 2026
Just in case anyone here has forgotten the Passholder Preview Day times tomorrow, here you go . . I forgot and went looking for it. Kings Island's 2026 Season Passholder Preview Day is Friday, April 17, from 12 p.m. to 9 p.m., offering 2026 Silver, Gold, and Prestige passholders exclusive early access before the public opening on April 18. The event features previews of the new "Phantom Theater Opening Nightmare" attraction, early access to rides, and operating dining/merch. From PR Newswire
-
Rivertown Redevelopment
The Crypt building is an asset and very expensive to rebuild into something else. If there are no plans to use it as a ride, why not turn it into a full service restaurant? Already has some great theming that may possibly be used. It was used as a dining option during Haunt before. You can still add a Beast Plaza area outside as shown above illustration.
-
Six Flags’ 2025 Results: Attendance Down, Per-Cap Spending Up
I wondered how much season pass sales were hurt at these parks. I know I would have really been upset if KI did not have Winterfest.
-
Discussing Land and Space in and around Vortex
As time goes on, I don't see KI getting new coasters in both AZ and the "Vortex Spot". We keep talking about wanting a coaster up front to replace either Invertigo, Top Gun and Congo Falls (or all 3). Who knows, maybe they can last another 10 years after installing a coaster in The Vortex Spot. Trust me, I would love to see new coasters in both areas. I suggest something else . . in The Vortex Spot the return of Swan Lake with shops and a flat. Maybe add a sit down restaurant with the The Beast hill as a back drop. It doesn't have to be those things . . go-carts, zip lines, ghost town, etc.. Because mostly, I am tired of seeing a fence back there instead of some sort of an attraction. Then redo AZ with a new coaster and theme for the whole area. Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't see KI getting 2 new major coasters in the front and back within 3-5 years of each other. Either we get a new coaster in The Vortex Spot and watch aging coasters in AZ continue to decline. Or we get a new coaster in AZ and look at an empty lot over the fence for the next 10 more years.
-
Kings Island General Discussion 2026
I was going to do a wait and see and renew my Gold Passes in April in case of any bait-n-switch. But for me, it was a no-brainer when we got all parks and my renewal was only $99. Just too good to pass up. I guess they would get us if they remove or restrict Halloween Haunt (more), Winterfest, or even Soak City. But even if I only had park admission and free parking, $99 is a good value. Just don't anymore up-charges or removals KI.
-
Favorite NEW RIDE Campaign
What was your favorite new ride media campaign? For me it was the Banshee campaign . . loved the video of it growing out of the ground taking over KI. I also loved Mystic Timbers campaign. I'm guessing some people probably would say The Diamondback rollout, but I really didn't pay close attention during that year. But I was excited about the new coaster once I realized it was being built. In days of old before social media I liked The Bat, Vortex and The Beast commercials. Son of Beast is an honorable mention but kind of lost some excitement when it fell over during construction. haha Almost forgot how much I liked the King Cobra announcements, and listerning to Q102 (I think) on radio during it's opening day. I don't really remember the commercial for Outer Limits: Flight of Fear but I was excited about getting to park and riding it. There's others that come to mind like White Water Canyon, The Screamin' Demon, etc..
-
Fixing the "Just Okay" Orion
It is a great ride. I just think it fell into the trap that we were expecting the next best GIGA as far as height, length, etc.. Just seemed like each GIGA, at the time, was bigger than the previous install. So we kind of thought it would be 330' or 335' to beat the last record. I can remember in the message board here on KIC and someone got the leaked blue prints and the disappointment based on the numbers that the lift hill was probably around 280' and the track length was so short. Seemed the air was let out with all the previous hoopla. Starting the the word GIGA written in the snow. So it was often referred to GIGA-light or "Is it even a real GIGA". But at the end of the day, it is a world class ride in one of the best Amusement parks in America.
-
Fixing the "Just Okay" Orion
I would have liked if they put more low to the ground speed elements in the DA path area. Just one more path with all that energy/speed we feel is still there at the break run. Just feels like it ends too soon. Other than that, to me it's a great ride. Maybe they can still add the extra track back there and rebrand it as a new roller coaster.