Everything posted by HWBeast1039
-
What`s next for Son of Beast?
When I rode Mantis, the women were also complaining. My trick is to just sit down, like a regular coaster, but I'm only 5'4 so I'm not sure if that would work for taller people. EDIT: And yes, once you do it, you will never do it again!
-
The Crypt: Gone for 2012!
That building would be great for a bobsled coaster!
-
Son of Beast/ Flight Deck Over Haul
All KIC threads go from zero to Son of Beast in 3.5 seconds.
-
What`s next for Son of Beast?
I kinda hope after Halloween they tear down the Crypt building. The last thing Kings Island needs is a big, ugly box that blocks everything.
-
'Super Duper Thrill Rides' on Destination America Tonight
It is on Destination America tonight at 10 EDT. http://corporate.discovery.com/blog/tag/super-duper-thrill-rides/
-
Six Flags Rattler to get Texas Giant Treatment
Haha yeah TG Treatment is just a nickname
-
Six Flags Rattler to get Texas Giant Treatment
It isn't listed as RCCA on RCDB, but it is on Wikipedia, and the support structure looks very similar.
-
Six Flags Rattler to get Texas Giant Treatment
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rattler_(roller_coaster) This might be old news, but according to Wikipedia(I know, never trust Wikipedia), The Rattler at Six Flags Fiesta Texas will be getting the TG Treatment for 2013. This could be good news for us, since both Rattler and Son of Beast are built by RCCA. Again, sorry if this is old news.
-
Kentucky Kingdom
It sounds like the Fair Board is a pain to work with.
-
Diamondback Down for Week of June 4th
The Voyage at holiday world has some footers that are completely covered with soil. Parks really should research before building their coasters over swamps & Indian burial grounds.
-
Ice or no ice?
I don't like ice because it melts and makes the drink all watery.
-
Diamondback Down for Week of June 4th
*activity
-
Diamondback Down for Week of June 4th
Call me crazy, but maybe the back part of Diamondback is built over an unstable sinkhole, and it really IS starting to sink. In school, we've learned about people building their houses in areas with heavy karst artivity and end up losing their houses.
-
Great Old Amusement Parks on TV tonight
When I watched it, the sound cut out half way through and never came back on, So I didn't get to hear the segment about Holiday World.
-
Diamondback Down for Week of June 4th
I predict by the year 2020 that Diamondback will not be a hypercoaster anymore. I hate it when rides sink.
-
Cedar Point to remove Disaster Transport & Space Spiral for B&M Wing
I just hope they don't let the fans name it. Dragster H20 might be the silliest thing I've ever heard.
-
Cedar Point to remove Disaster Transport & Space Spiral for B&M Wing
One thing is certain about the new coaster. It will be red and the name will start with M.
-
The Voyage
Not sure if there is already a topic about this, and I apologize if there is. But the Voyage at Holiday World since the track work is incredible. I can actually have my hands up the whole time without fear of being broken. The jack-hammering at the bottom of the hills is completely gone and the spaghetti bowl is nice and smooth. Also, they haven't added railings to the rebuilt spaghetti bowl part and it's kinda scary without railings . Also, one thing I noticed is that the front seat of the Voyage has MUCH more intense airtime than the back seat. It's crazy, and if you get a chance to ride it this year, do it!
-
Geauga Lake's 'Big Dipper' still there
From Google Earth, it looks like Raging Wolf Bobs is being demolished.
- dream ride/attraction wish list
-
For those of us who visit CP check this out
I am sad to see Disaster Transport go. But, here's the way I see it in terms of what could come to Kings Island in a few years. In 2008, 2009, and 2010, CW, KI, and Carowinds all got Hypercoasters. In 2010 and 2012, KD and CW got Gigacoasters, and CP already has one. So if CP gets a WingRider in 2013 it could set off a ripple effect for other Cedar Fair Parks. Always be optimistic. At first glance, it seems Ouimet is butchering CP's record of the most roller coasters. But to me, it's not about having the most it's about having the best quality coasters. Most of Magic Mountain's coasters are cookie-cutters, while Cedar Point's are unique and the best in the world. I'm sure this WingRider will be the best one we've ever seen.
-
Cedar Point to remove Disaster Transport & Space Spiral for B&M Wing
I will miss Disaster Transport. I think (and hope) Cedar Point will find a way to keep Space Spiral, since it has been there since 1965.
-
What some people do on rides
On The Beast, some guy kept rambling on about how "that's the original wood from 1979" and "that wood is 35 years old" and "that wood probably rotted 10 years ago." Everything he said didn't make any sense. First off, The Beast isn't 35 years old, it's 33 years old( yes, I am a math nazi). And second off, if it was the original wood, in the Ohio winters and summers it would have rotted a LONG time ago.
-
What`s next for Son of Beast?
I hate to burst anyone's bubble, but no one has an ounce of inside information. Only the KI and Cedar Fair higher-ups know what will happen to the ride. And they probably aren't completely sure.
-
What`s next for Son of Beast?
Having never ridden it, I don't really have any feelings for it. And a controlled demolition sounds cool. Wouldn't you like to see a wooden version of this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opTO_D_9aBA