Everything posted by CoasterOhio
-
Land Clearing near SOB Bolt Shed
Why does everyone want a Giga coaster? It's just going to be another Diamondback that's 70+ feet taller. I'd prefer if we get a Mack, or Gerstlauer or Intamin (Even though we may never get an Intamin for a while) But I'd prefer we get a roller coaster that's from a different manufacturer other than B&M. Sure they are fun rides, but honestly B&M's do become boring when you keep getting them. Look at CP, They have 4, and two of them are within the last 6 years, and the same goes for Kings Island. The two newest roller coasters we own are Diamondback and Banshee, and both of those came out within 5 years of each other, and also are the only roller coasters that we have that were built in the 2000's I want something other than a B&M to keep my ridership up. Now, I'm not saying All Giga's are B&M... but... they pretty much are, it's either than or Intamin, which Cedar Fair doesn't work with. So all Cedar Fair Giga's are going to more than likely be a B&M coaster. If anything, a 4d coaster would be an interesting concept...
-
Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread
On March 14, the bridge across I-71 on Socialville-Fosters Road will close for eight months, weather permitting, for improvements needed before Columbia Road is closed for a $12.5 million relocation expected to begin this fall. -Dayton Daily news
-
Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread
It's not "Still" in storage, it was just placed into storage.
-
Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread
I noticed this yesterday, but never mentioned it. The Blue train for Backlot Stunt Coaster is officially on the track! Along with this, one train of Diamondback is officially in storage! Delirium is completely assembled once again, and ready to start the season!
-
Which coaster do you want to come next.
Said it on another topic, I'll say it again. RMC GCI CCI Gravity Group Just SOMETHING wooden!
-
2016 JOBS at Kings Island
As a reminder, there is a Job Fair at Kings Island tomorrow! (2/27/16) Visit the park through Soak City Drive, and the times available are 9am to 4pm! There is already many of us fans working in the park, I'm sure more would be awesome!
-
The Beast Experience
I don't get why no one likes it... I really prefer the music, it adds to a theme, that seems to be missing beyond the station and the forest setting that makes you feel like you're being hunted. The music adds suspense as you ascent.
-
The Legacy of Arrow Development Lives On
Watching it now. haha
-
Project 2017?
Honestly. a Wooden coaster is needed.. we only have three, and all of them were built pre-1980 Son of Beast was our newest Wooden Coaster, but now The Beast is our newest wooden coaster. And that's still 37 years old.
-
Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread
"Just DO IT!"
-
Land Clearing near SOB Bolt Shed
Or the dirt from the new parking plaza. Let's not forget that, that is a new thing this year as well.
-
Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread
I would prefer a human sized banana to a bouncing basketball.
-
Valravn, Valravn, and even more Valravn: CP's Winter Chill Out (2/20/16)
Coaster Porn warning? You gotta put them in sometimes, ya know?
-
Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread
If you're worried about second-hand smoke, then don't clean the park... You'll certainly get plenty of second-hand smoke.
-
Project 2017?
Well actually.... Adding both train cycles together is just for the total of the capacity of the ride. I never fully did both for the entire thing.
-
Land Clearing near SOB Bolt Shed
It's funny because I never noticed that tease until I rewatched the announcement video.
-
Project 2017?
To skip the really boring math, just read the Teal coloured parts. Well... Let's see... Adventure Express is a 2:30 Minute ride... But this is just the ride time, not taking in loading and unloading times. Let me put another 45 seconds onto the time to make up for that loss 3:15 per cycle. with 60 minutes in an hour, and two trains. That means it's 6:30 per full two train cycle. Trying to think how to math this here... Each train holds 30 people, 5 car trains with 6 seats per. Two trains = 60 people So, with heavy estimating. 60 people per every 6:30 6:30 over the course of an hour is 9.23 times Equals (=) 18 trains per hour. 18*60 = 1080 People Per Hour 6:30 = Two train cycles Two Train Cycles = 60 people per every 6:30 6:30 * 9.23 (60/6.5) = 18.45 (Average to 18 since you can't send .45th of a train) 18 = Number of cycles per hour 60 * 18 = 1080 Now that we have that out of the way... Let's talk about the queue it's self... The queue it's self is 319 feet Each person would need about 3 cubic feet of space... Thus 319 / 2 = 159 people that can stand in line in the line. But people also bunch up in closer spaces. (Children can occupy the same spot in line) So lets add... about 30 more to accommodate for this. 189 people can stand in the main queue of Adventure Express at any given time. Since we talked about our People per Hour with Adventure Express at 1080... So, if you stood in the back of the line with 189 people in front of you. It would take. about 6 trains to get all the way to the front. (Keep in mind, this is JUST the queue I'll get to the gates in a little bit) 6 * 3:15 = 19:30 minutes. (Give or take a station delay of some sorts, So let's say 20 minutes to round it up) Now with the gates. with 4 people standing per gate (Two ride times) this adds 60 people into the line. 249 people in front of you at the back of the line. You'll be waiting just an average of 30 minutes for Adventure Express.. Queue Length = 319ft 319ft / 2ft (Number of space needed per person) = 159 159+30 (to accomodate children who may take up less space) = 189 189/30 (Number of people per train) = 6 trains 6 * 3:15 (Time per train cycle) = 20 minutes (Averaged) 4 guests could comfortably fill the station at each gate without the station feeling crowded. (60 + More people to add) 249 / 30 = 8 Trains 8 * 3:15 = 26 Minutes (Averaged to 30 for delays and such) Thus, you'd be waiting 30 minutes from the very back of a filled line at Adventure Express. I may have gone overboard with that math... but Still. To settle the argument completely. It would take roughly 30 minutes to go from the Very start of the line to the station gates.
-
Favorite Kings Island Map
1991 really seems like a missing year for Kings Island. I can only find one picture for the opening roller coaster Adventure Express.
-
Favorite Kings Island Map
Since this is about maps... Does anyone have a 1991 Park map?
-
Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread
The white train is as well! I stated that the White and Red train were on the storage track at least a page ago.
- Flight Commander
-
Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread
I don't like the smoking location right there in that area period.
-
Land Clearing near SOB Bolt Shed
But... the five year plan...
-
Land Clearing near SOB Bolt Shed
Where exactly was the camera moved too? Was it a quick error that caused it to change cameras?
-
Land Clearing near SOB Bolt Shed
They moved it? When? I'm looking at it right now and It hasn't changed.