Everything posted by thedevariouseffect
-
Blackouts?
Bro, there's alot more to it than that...Postural hypotension, cardiac EF, hypovolemia, ect....
-
Banshee Construction Progress
You still will never know if the pain of a high seat staple with block check or full setup on mantis...dear god that's pain
-
SFGAdventure 7/15/13 - hot, short lines, and fun
As much as I'd love to honestly see something like that happen, it's highly unlikely, CP is still the flagship in the companies eyes
-
holiday world selling train and no timberliners
Either: A. Maint. issues B. It's more inefficient to run three trains, as they would be loading and checking/unlocking empty restraints. C. Both of above D. Told by park op to go to two train op They don't do it on purpose to make lines long, we actually do our best to knock out the lines..just saying
-
Cedar Point will be announcing a new attraction for 2014 as well
http://www.toledoblade.com/State/2012/12/02/Firm-to-invest-60M-to-restore-old-hotels-and-beach-properties.html There have been small renovations, most will come this off season though for what I understand.
-
Flight deck VS Iron Dragon
I miss Big Bad Wolf...
-
Cedar Point will be announcing a new attraction for 2014 as well
Well hotel improvements are already happening
-
Mean Streak Upgrade for 2014?
Sadly if a guest does this they get a good ride..which ticks me off, but if it happens they usually get stapled anyways. If they take a camera on the ride, get stopped in the transfer track. It causes the computer to think a train is being transferred (empty train=no weight) so trims are turned off.. True story...but don't do it! No loose articles on rides
-
Mean Streak Upgrade for 2014?
More painful, but helps so the ride doesn't tear itself apart
-
Banshee Trains
Well vests not locking & stapling guests... Smartass
-
Flight deck VS Iron Dragon
Prefer flight deck for thrills and design, however theres a soft spot of running iron dragon three train op
-
Banshee Trains
Actually apparently restraints have been fixed on Gatekeeper, a few seats now apparently do not lock in place on the ride. This is all that I've heard, I have not been able to test or verify this info, I may be able to verify with a few of the crew members and I'll get back to you
-
Strange rumors you've heard
Actually no military context this time...O-6 at CP is Open-6 (well 1800 for me now, whatevs..) So anyways, got on the ride after working until 6. But yes...it is a VERY highly paid military officer....lucky buggers...but with it comes alot of decision making & stuff to do...however still...I'd love that pay
-
Dollar Days are back
Sadly park breadsticks are the bomb Actual la rosas breadsticks, meh Pizza at KI, ok, Laroasa=bomb They playin' that flip floppity
-
Banshee Construction Progress
Yeah I'll just wait in line, I already spend enough on food, my season pass, and gas lol Besides waiting in line can be kinda fun, played hand tennis with a chick in line, she regretted that was pretty funny
-
Dollar Days are back
Nifty...I probably won't go because I know labor day is always crazy busy, but cool deals... Esp the games IMO if you're into those
-
Future of Invertigo
I still say it has the best mating call
-
Strange rumors you've heard
Actually at CP, we rode our woodstock express after an O-6...fun times...we'd scream like we were being murdered, terribly funny
-
Banshee: World's Longest Inverted Coaster
I've been on a zacspin...I wasn't too impressed, the best part was the final turn in right before the brakes it really throws ya, but, for how long I waited, I was highly disappointed, it honestly wasn't something I'd wait to ride again, it's a maybe I'll do it, maybe I won't... Intamin has made WAAAY better than that thing, I mean first off the capacity is just junk...very very bad..
-
Banshee: World's Longest Inverted Coaster
I wouldn't call a Zacspin pushing the envelope...more like...lets just create a giant rolling turd..I like most intamin rides but those things just aren't fun, look dumb, and really don't do much of anything...I'll give you credit elsewhere, but that thing is just stupid...
-
Banshee Construction Progress
Yes that is the transfer table, in front (towards the restrooms) will be the track that slides left/right and the train advances on, and then is "pushed" by drive wheels back onto these tracks
-
Why does delirium break down so often?
Maxair was also down for a bit of 2011 as the motors were not delivered from huss in time to be installed
-
Why does delirium break down so often?
Still not as much downtime as WindSeeker however haha
-
Biggest Announcement in Dollywood History
Dolly just looks...ew lol Saw that pic and just...no haha I'm a bit disappointed, however this still is good for the park, we just got WE not too long ago, give it time and I'm sure we'll get something new and exciting again
-
Why does delirium break down so often?
Shaggy is absolutely right.. So think, that pendulum is stopped, and not stopped right in the precise spot the computer needs it to..bam, E-Stop... Also btw, the motors are they electric or pneumatic, I know the restraints and platform are pneumatic but didn't know if the motors fell in the same category