Everything posted by RollerColt
-
Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread
Sorry to hear that APE! Yeah I've traditionally avoided opening days due to the madness. Sometimes it's fun to just walk around and take pictures though. I'm hoping to get out to the park sometime in the next month or so. I've missed it all!
-
Which coaster do you want to come next.
Yup. That's why I've been hesitant about them... Stay away from my beloved woodies RMC!
-
bkroz's Theme Park Tourist Features!
These articles have been incredible to read. The past few weeks I have been struck by a very strong case of illness. The silver lining was I had more time to read your stuff bkroz. So thanks for helping me get through my tough times by clearing my mind!
-
Land Clearing near SOB Bolt Shed
I wouldn't call Banshee boring... but that's just me.
-
Five Tragic Reasons Why The World's Largest Theme Park Stands Abandoned
I thought the name was familiar! Hahaha! It was a very nice read! And yes, as you put it, that truly was a perfect storm. And a great lesson to be learned for the future of other parks. Your writing was definitely worth it!
-
Five Tragic Reasons Why The World's Largest Theme Park Stands Abandoned
I stumbled on this very interesting article on Geauga Lake by Brian Krosnick. Kinda makes me wonder about a particular park in Southern Indiana that once was a family park and is now starting to evolve... http://www.themeparktourist.com/features/20140824/28153/lost-geauga-lake-how-worlds-largest-six-flags-disappeared Enjoy!
-
Which Kings Island Roller Coaster Are You?
Chalk me up for The Beast!
-
Land Clearing near SOB Bolt Shed
This should be stickied... Or become our banner. For real!
-
You Know It's the Off Season When...
When the removal of dirt stirs the masses!
-
Wanting to ride certain rides but nervous at the same time?
and http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/31768-my-kings-island-iteanrry/ And the 8 or so threads this user has started on the roller coaster subreddit about the exact same topics (without ever participating in the threads, I might add!).
-
Fort Rapids waterpark in Columbus closed by police
Sheesh... sounds like it was a mess from the start.
-
Land Clearing near SOB Bolt Shed
That's pretty far back. Could be something. Or, nothing...
-
Wanting to ride certain rides but nervous at the same time?
http://www.KICentral.com/forums/index.php/topic/31743-i-need-advice-for-kings-island-in-the-summer-of-2016/
-
Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread
I love following Don and his crew on Instagram! Oh, how things have changed from the days of old.
-
Calgary: Bobsledding Accident, 2 Dead, 6 Injured
For those who want to see how fast this track is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_zg4rVFP9g Just one small mistake can be costly when going down these runs.
-
Indy: Indoor Theme Park Part of Mall Revival Plan
I just tried accessing their website, thexscape.com. Looks like they just lost their domain last month. Hmm...
-
Indy: Indoor Theme Park Part of Mall Revival Plan
This is the last news piece I've found. Looks like they shut down for good after the incident: http://www.theindychannel.com/news/theme-park-where-boy-injured-shut-down
-
Favorite Former/Present KI Coaster Poll
For me: Banshee and The Beast Old school and new school! (Though both present)
-
I need advice for Kings Island in the summer of 2016
That's true. Excellent point! My technique is from how my father built me up for the rides. I can't honestly say if it's right or wrong, though it's probably closer to the latter hahaha... But yes, Banshee to Vortex is night and day. As others have stated, not staring at the track can help tremendously if motion sickness is apparent.
-
I need advice for Kings Island in the summer of 2016
It's perfectly fine to be nervous. I've been riding these rides for 20 years, and honestly I still get the butterflies when queuing for some of the rides. For me, that's what makes it a great thrill and frankly addicting haha... I would start small and work up to Banshee and Firehawk. For years I would always start my day with a ride on The Racer. For Firehawk, be prepared for the lift hill. You'll notice fairly quickly by just standing in the line that it. is. LOUD. It can give quite a headache... But if you can get past the sound, it's definitely worth it! If you've ever wanted to experience what it would be like to have wings and fly around, this coaster is for you, sir! I would ride Firehawk and maybe Vortex before trying out Banshee. Vortex will truly test your limit on how many times you can handle going upside down. If you're A-OK after riding that thing, then the time for Banshee should be had. It's smooth, fast, and quite intense. It's a world class ride for sure! As a side note, don't stress yourself out too much if you don't think you can handle these rides. Only YOU can make that decision, not the lady standing next to you. If they're a good friend, it won't bother them either. Honesty is a good policy with girls, as Han Solo says: "they always find out. Always..." Anyways, cheers mate! Let us know how it goes for ya! Heck you might even run into me if you decide to ride Banshee!
-
Project 2017?
2017... And so it begins. The speculation, the anticipation... I'm having a flashback to a certain year.
-
Kings Island 2016 Discussion Thread
I agree! It's nice to see my childhood through the eyes of KI. We've all been blessed to experience such a rich history! Thanks again, Don!
-
Disney IT Workers Allege Conspiracy, Sue
In all honesty that is the best trick Magenta. Once you finally break their script they're forced to improvise on the fly. Usually that means they expedite you to someone who can truly help: the blessed tier two technician. Some say that we're legend, but we exist and we can help... Getting to us is far more difficult than talking to us hahaha...
-
Disney IT Workers Allege Conspiracy, Sue
Wow. And to think I was actually considering working there for IT. My field is very hard to work in sometimes... Businesses will think we aren't needed> then get rid of us> then complain that they are having all sorts of problems. By that point they panic and outsource on the cheap with less than desired quality. It's one of those fields where if everything is going right, we're viewed as lazy and sitting around doing nothing. If everything is going wrong we're... lazy and sitting around doing nothing haha...
-
Which coaster do you want to come next.
Heh, I have actually! But I was quite young and naive. So my judgement on the quality of the ride was lacking... I'm sure if I rode it now I would sing a different tune!