Gay Pride day?

Cody

Why do you want to know that????

I can think of several reasons. I dont see why that matters though.

Yes the park still does them but it is not a day that is open to the public. You must get tickets through a variety of different organizations. It's usually a friday in september but like I said, the park is not open to the general public.

Could be.

I respect those who are gay, however I have been scared before on Pride night working TRTR. This is just my taste, but a sundress and a beard just dont go together.

But the pumps he was wearing DID match the dress <_<

I can see why he would want to know, I wonder myself, now I know which day not to go, or at least wear red

Uh...read the thread again. It's a private event. The park is not open to the public that day. Unless you buy a ticket to the event from the sponsor, you won't be going that day.

Gee, how many days is the park closed to the public, silly me I thought my pass got me in every day, I guess I need to call Kings Island everytime I go before I leave to make sure they're open, huh?

The pass says something along the lines of: "This pass will get you in the park on any public operating day." I don't remember exactly what it was, I know I'm way off. Its been a year or two since I last had a season pass, and I haven't read the fine print of my tickets.

The day is listed on the back of the map as closed just like all other park buyout days. If this thread wasn't here, you never would have known. (Unless you drive by the park when the sign says "private event, GLBTQ")

No, I would have publicized it as the date got closer.

Check the history.

I list it every year.

<G>

Money goes to good causes.

I had no Idea it wasn't open most weekends in September, this the first time I've had a season pass in a few years, I figured it was open weekends in September, September is one of my favorite times at amusement parks, the weather isn't to hot, it's nice, guess i'll be making trips up to Cedar Point in September, I usually go up there once every september, perhaps I'll go twice if KI won't be open.

Yes, there was a "pride night" type of thing in the past where the park was open to the general public. In order to disginguish themselves between regular parkgoers and the gay community, those who attended wore red shirts. Or sundresses with full beards......

So thats where the "dont wear red on this date" thing came from.

And now, SOB_TOM is going to do something mindless to get the picture of a full bearded man in a sundress and matching pumps out of his mind.

I wish you people would stop trying to ask questions that really don't make sense.So what if your wearing red it doesn't mean your gay leave the community alone if you don't have anything respectful to say about it leave it at that! :angry:

Wow... I just asked a question. I was not being disrespectful or picking on the community. I have friends that are gay and I have no problems with that lifestyle. I didn't know what the wearing of red had to do with being gay. I didn't mean any harm in the question, I was just curious.

SOB_TOM, Thanks for answering my question.

Gee, how many days is the park closed to the public, silly me I thought my pass got me in every day, I guess I need to call Kings Island everytime I go before I leave to make sure they're open, huh?

Actually, yes.

It was only a couple years ago where the park was closed to the public the first Sunday in June. I remember it well because I was in town for my cousin's graduation from Fairfield (Saturday afternoon) and my family intended to go to KI on Sunday.

We came to find out that the park was closed to the GP on Sunday and ended up going on Sat. night.

And then I found out, after we returned home, that anyone that traveled more than 150 miles could get into the park. That was a great customer service move.

Cedar Point used to have their opening day on a Sunday in May due to Longaberger Basket Company having a private event on Saturday.

Not to mention, if a corporation has enough money to purchase an entire day at a major amusement park, imagine how many people are invited to attend. I certainly would not want to be there that day. The waits have the potential to be enormous.

Yeah your right about that, FearFest does being the last Friday in September 7pm till 12am. But I believe Pride Night has usually always been the 3rd Friday in September, except in 2002 when it was the last Friday in August.

The day is listed on the back of the map as closed just like all other park buyout days. If this thread wasn't here, you never would have known. (Unless you drive by the park when the sign says "private event, GLBTQ")

No, I would have publicized it as the date got closer.

Check the history.

I list it every year.

<G>

Money goes to good causes.

'Pride Night' is a unique situation as far as "promoting" it on the site. Typically we don't allow private events to be promoted on the site because it turns into either confusion, or a "you're not invited to my party" situation. However, (and correct me if I'm wrong) anyone can attend Pride Night so long as they purchase tickets through several Cincinnati GBLT groups. So as a result of that, anyone who would be interested in that event can technically go.

KI is open Labor Day weekend in September, but then is closed till the last weekend in September, the last Saturday is when Fearfest beings and the park is open from 10am till 12am.

And that is the ONLY Fearfest Saturday when the park is scheduled to open at 10. On Saturdays in October this year, the park is not scheduled to open until noon. I predict this will change after the first one, and there will be plenty of upset people at the park from about 8:30a.m.-noon the first Saturday in October. Most people do NOT check park hours before travelling to the park, and just do what they have always done.