Geauga Lake Petition

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Don't hate me for this,

Although i have never been to Geauga Lake, I think its a good move. One it will no longer compete against Cedar Point, and Kings Island In Ohio, Second they can sell the flat rides AND the land to lower the debt, Third it will allow them to expand and draw even more people if the sell the land for Condos/houses and fourth IT IS STILL OPENING IN 08' (although its only the water park). Although there are some disadvantages to making it a water park only is it will lose respect for CF and the park, many of the GL enthusiast will protest. some good rides will meet the ax. there probably more good as well as bad advantages.

RIP GL RIDE SIDE RIP

Although i have never been to Geauga Lake, I think its a good move. One it will no longer compete against Cedar Point, and Kings Island In Ohio, Second they can sell the flat rides AND the land to lower the debt, Third it will allow them to expand and draw even more people if the sell the land for Condos/houses and fourth IT IS STILL OPENING IN 08' (although its only the water park). Although there are some disadvantages to making it a water park only is it will lose respect for CF and the park, many of the GL enthusiast will protest. some good rides will meet the ax. there probably more good as well as bad advantages.

RIP GL RIDE SIDE RIP

I hate you so mutch!! :angry::angry::angry: ! What competition with CP? GL was a smaller, more aforrdable park for families who had nothing to do on the weekend. CP is practicly a 3-day vacation.

Beast1979

For those who loved GL...

Sorry, it is gone.

It would take a miracle to save it now.

This was not an easy decision for CF to make (even though conspiracy theorists will argue with that).

You can take the time to sign the petition, but it will only be a waste of time.

CF is currently balencing their 2008 budget, which does not include GL.

Now some can try and make the arguement that they will not go to a CF park anymore; and CF's response will be a quick "sorry to hear that, but, you didn't visit GL anyway. That is why it is closing."

RIP GL RIDE SIDE RIP

I hate you so mutch!! :angry::angry::angry: ! What competition with CP? GL was a smaller, more aforrdable park for families who had nothing to do on the weekend. CP is practicly a 3-day vacation.

Beast1979

I don't care what you say you can say what ever you want. CF had to make a decision yeah its not what people wanted to hear, seriously get over its not abandoned. CF tried there hardest to keep it open and both a ride and a waterpark. Trust me it always can always be worse.

I dont want to be mean but GET OVER IT WHAT IS DONE IS DONE!!!!!!!!!!

I know Geauga lake is done, but it doesn’t hurt to just try and I don’t want to give up till I see it gone. But till then I will keep trying things and not giving up, I know its a lost cause so if you don’t want to sign fine. Just remember Cedar Point was suppose to close and it was saved at the last second so you never know.

Okay if the park wasn't make enough money to keep it running, why would they keep the ride side open? It take a lot of money to maintain a park, and they must not have been getting enough business to break even. I don't blame CF for doing this, yes it's kinda sad, but I'm sure most of the rides will receive new homes, maybe KI will even get some new flats out of it. We need more flats at KI.

<<<< THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT IS NOT TRUE BUT MAKES SENSE >>>>>

This just in..... Cedar Fair has been taken over by the executives of Gaylord Entertainment it is the sole plan to pave paradise and put up a parking lot

For those that didn't get that and you know who you are..... this to me just seems way to eerily familiar with the land once known as Opryland USA

RIP GL RIDE SIDE RIP

when did it ever compete against ki and cp?

http://www.themeparks.com/cp/history.htm

Check that out it has some of the Cedar Point history on there.... I saw the previous posts and I too knew about CP's once near demise so I've been searching for where I knew that from and well there's part of the story.

There is nothing at that site stating that CP was at the brink of becoming a housing development.

Sure, that may have been a plan, but it certainly was not a "last second change of mind".

For those who loved GL...

Sorry, it is gone.

It would take a miracle to save it now.

This was not an easy decision for CF to make (even though conspiracy theorists will argue with that).

You can take the time to sign the petition, but it will only be a waste of time.

CF is currently balencing their 2008 budget, which does not include GL.

Now some can try and make the arguement that they will not go to a CF park anymore; and CF's response will be a quick "sorry to hear that, but, you didn't visit GL anyway. That is why it is closing."

Not to mention they alreayd fired a majority of their full time employees. While the petition is noble and I respect what you guys are trying to do, whats done is done.

Petitions never go anywhere anyway! It's just paper, rip it up and throw it out! As for GL... REST IN PEACES!!!!

Uhm, maybe while this GL peition may not accomplish much, I wouldn't be so quick to denoucne petitions. Petitions do commonly work and can be a very effective tool. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petition

ok for the last time guys, if you don’t want to sign then don’t sign but I don’t need to hear comments over and over again that it wont work. I’m sorry if I care about my home park so much and I don’t want it to die without me doing anything to stop it, I know it will do very little but please stop telling me that. Thank you.

The biggest problem is not very many people care about GL. From what I have seen it is the weakest major park in the area. Why would anybody go there when to the east you have Kennywood, to the west you have CP, to the south you have KI. Not to mention Dorney, Hershey and a whole host of others not to far away.

The people I know from Cleveland thought it was very funny that I even bothered to go up there from where I live.