Dayton Theme Park?

Guest kwindshawne

Yes it is...

The museum is cool-we just need more variety...that is the biggest draw right now.

Downtown used to be the thing to do, but it is declining rapidly.

I happen to like the air force museum and the art museums not bad either, however theres not much else I'd be interested in driving to dayton for.

If they do this I just hope its interesting and entertaining. When I was in 6th grade I went Space camp with my boy scout troop and we got to spend one day at Aviation challenge which is like space camp for fighter pilots. They advertise it on tv as having awesome simulators and being state of the art. The place was horrible. We got to pretend fly on computers with CRT monitors and fold out steel chairs with a crappy windows 95 simulator that didn't even have markings on the aircraft and just a cross hair in the middle of the screen. It was like playing an early n64 game. The microsoft flight simulator games of the time were more advanced. I've never had too much fun on these simulator type rides, with the exception of the 4d ones in Disney. They should put in a nice B&M flying coaster to compliment the tallest hotel.

Not sure about all of you, but I think the thing I enjoy most about Dayton is the UD Ghetto. Good times down there... :P:lol:

Good times indeed. My fiance graduated from UD in 06 and we spent many good times in the UD ghetto. Being a tad bit older than the college ago now though we much prefer the Oregon District. Now there are some drunken good times.

I happen to like the air force museum and the art museums not bad either, however theres not much else I'd be interested in driving to dayton for.

If they do this I just hope its interesting and entertaining. When I was in 6th grade I went Space camp with my boy scout troop and we got to spend one day at Aviation challenge which is like space camp for fighter pilots. They advertise it on tv as having awesome simulators and being state of the art. The place was horrible. We got to pretend fly on computers with CRT monitors and fold out steel chairs with a crappy windows 95 simulator that didn't even have markings on the aircraft and just a cross hair in the middle of the screen. It was like playing an early n64 game. The microsoft flight simulator games of the time were more advanced. I've never had too much fun on these simulator type rides, with the exception of the 4d ones in Disney. They should put in a nice B&M flying coaster to compliment the tallest hotel.

I love the art museums .. althought I am a art major and love art history lol.

This article stole my idea I sware, I was going to do something similar to this later on in my life .. when I, well you know have some money. lol

Good times indeed. My fiance graduated from UD in 06 and we spent many good times in the UD ghetto. Being a tad bit older than the college ago now though we much prefer the Oregon District. Now there are some drunken good times.

I haven't been down to the Oregon District yet, but I was over at The Greene earlier today. It's really nice over there, albeit a bit small. But as it looks like there's more going up, it should be really nice in the next few years. Oh, and we ate at The Pub there, and it was really, really good. If anyone is in that area, I'd suggest checking it out. :lol:

When I first moved to this crapfest known as Dayton, Ohio 2 years ago, I asked everyone I knew up here if there was anything fun to do. EVERYONE gave me the same answer...

The Air Force Museum

No thank you!

I grew up in the Dayton area and always felt the same way... until I went to college in Toledo. Dayton doesn't seem so bad now.

It was like playing an early n64 game.

What's wrong with early N64 games? :lol:

A friend of mine works for NASA in Houston. When we visited him in '99, he was contracted through Lockheed (now he works for NASA directly in a different job). Anyway, at the time he was in charge of the shuttle landing simulator that the astronauts train on. He booked us some time in the simulator, and I got to land the shuttle 3 times, and I didn't crash at all! Now that was an experience. We saw areas that were not open to the general public, and I felt like a little kid again. I imagine they have tighter restrictions now after 9/11, but it was fun then.

• 2 weeks later...