Will Bubba Gump's Name Change? Now Confirmed

coaster_junky

Well, Wooferbear, here in Huntington, West Virginia, I never have had a lukewarm or cold toasted sub from Subway. Maybe it's a problem in your area?

It could be.

That is the main reason that I usually only get cold standwiches if I go to Subway.

For a hot sandwich I normally like the Pizza Places better anyway.

I've noticed the same thing at the few Subways I visit in Columbus too...warm but not really hot.

I think the best local sub place in Columbus is a small chain called WG Grinders. I've also always really like Jersey Mike's.

I think there is a Bubba Gump's located at Daytona Beach in the place I'm going to be staying at. It's a time share. I am definitely going to give it a try.

That would be well advised it is a very nice place to go eat and the food is the best i have ever had.

As stated previously, VIACOM is the one of the licensors of the Bubba Gump name. So how can you possibly say Paramount (the studios are also a VIACOM property) has nothing to do with Bubba Gump?

Note also that when I said US franchises are not currently available, that does not mean no new stores are being opened. It could mean either or both of two things: all new stores are company stores and/or all territories in the USA are already spoken for by franchisees.

There is no longer a need to buy anything at subway or Quzno's......you can't beat Jimmy John's!

http://www.jimmyjohns.com/ - There's one in Mason off of Fields Ertel.....I call for a KIC meet up day.....Jimmy John's and Kings Island!

Although if you want a good philly cheese steak in Cincinnati nothing beats Jersey Mikes.

Oh yeah, Bubba Gumps.....Chef what "good reason" do you all the suddenly have to believe its not leaving. Not saying your wrong, just wondering why the sudden change of attitude.

Jimmy John's is fantastic, but...everything they serve is cold. Nothing hot.

For hot subs, for my money, you can't beat Penn Station or a certain Geno's in Kenova, West Virginia. The one in Kenova is owned by the brother of Kenny Grant, and is far, far better than any of the others. Any time I am anywhere near Camden Park, I stop at Geno's of Kenova. They also have perhaps the best baked spaghetti I have had in any restaurant anywhere!

Mr. Hero in northern Ohio is also particularly good for hot subs!

As stated previously, VIACOM is the one of the licensors of the Bubba Gump name. So how can you possibly say Paramount (the studios are also a VIACOM property) has nothing to do with Bubba Gump?

Note also that when I said US franchises are not currently available, that does not mean no new stores are being opened. It could mean either or both of two things: all new stores are company stores and/or all territories in the USA are already spoken for by franchisees.

Why is it that nobody reads the last lines of my post! ;)

Jimmy John's is fantastic, but...everything they serve is cold. Nothing hot.

For hot subs, for my money, you can't beat Penn Station or a certain Geno's in Kenova, West Virginia. The one in Kenova is owned by the brother of Kenny Grant, and is far, far better than any of the others. Any time I am anywhere near Camden Park, I stop at Geno's of Kenova. They also have perhaps the best baked spaghetti I have had in any restaurant anywhere!

Mr. Hero in northern Ohio is also particularly good for hot subs!

Ahhh...the joys of Penn Station. Great Sandwiches, but a little on the pricey side. Oh well, worth it. Geno's is also a great bet.

Why is noone mentioning Quaker Steak and Lube? I love that place! Best Philly chease steaks ever!

The original Quaker Steak in Sharon, PA is fantastic.

But the franchises, well they are mediocre at best.

And their wings are tiny for the inflated price. I would rather go to a Buffalo Wild Wings.

I hope Bubba Gump doesn't leave, its a real nice resturaunt

Plus I don't think it will, It has nothing to do with paramount.

Wait, paramount made the Bubba Gump movie. DARN!

have you not seen forest gump? if not in the movie there was a guy named bubba gump and it was his dream to open a shrimp shack but he died before it happened. thus giving you all of the things advertising forest gump in the restutaunt

so it is tied into paramount

do you think bubba gump's name will change?

If an expensive restaurant in an amusement park has to change it's name, does anyone really care? I totally ignore Bubba Gump's as well as Happy Days/Preston Tucker's because the prices are so dern high. I'm not rich dangit!!!!

(Just imagine how much goodwill could have been purchased for almost nothing by merely bringing back the old Old English Font park logo)

Which one is that again? The red logo?

scriptKIlogo.jpg

If that's Old English, my definition of Old English is very, very wrong.

do you think bubba gump's name will change?

If an expensive restaurant in an amusement park has to change it's name, does anyone really care? I totally ignore Bubba Gump's as well as Happy Days/Preston Tucker's because the prices are so dern high. I'm not rich dangit!!!!

I could see Happy Days being changed to a Coasters easily. It's also has a 50's diner theme.

One of the dirty secrets of the theme park business is that virtually all the food is so dramatically overpriced that the 'less expensive' places in a park will cost very little less and can often cost you as much or more than the 'expensive' places. This was true back in the International Restaurant days and is just as true now. A soft drink will cost you the same anywhere in the park. An order of fries is just as overpriced anywhere in the park. It's even true, to an extent, in the Disney and Universal parks.

(Just imagine how much goodwill could have been purchased for almost nothing by merely bringing back the old Old English Font park logo)

scriptKIlogo.jpg

Yep, that's it:

http://www.militarysabers.com/images/sword...glish-large.jpg

One of the dirty secrets of the theme park business is that virtually all the food is so dramatically overpriced that the 'less expensive' places in a park will cost very little less and can often cost you as much or more than the 'expensive' places. This was true back in the International Restaurant days and is just as true now. A soft drink will cost you the same anywhere in the park. An order of fries is just as overpriced anywhere in the park. It's even true, to an extent, in the Disney and Universal parks.

scriptKIlogo.jpg

Yep, that's it:

http://www.militarysabers.com/images/sword...glish-large.jpg

That's a very loose interpretation. (Pun not intended)

scriptKIlogo.jpg

looks more like midevil than old english

That's a very loose interpretation. (Pun not intended)

Well, think about Skyline, for instance. A plate of Skyfries (Chili Cheese Fries) at the Skyline next door to the Beach and Island Golf or the Skyline on Reading Rd only costs 3.69. The Skyfries from the Skylines inside Kings Island are 5.69. Of course, this is coming straight from memory, but I do know it costs more at the park than at the beach. ;)