I'd Assume it will reopen soon, but not to it's full standerds.

A flood will Cut down on a park EXTREMELY, it takes SO much money to replace the stuff, not to mention that most roller coasters will be removed due to rust or mold, and they will have to pay to demolish and pay to replace... so much money.

Guest rcfreak339

wow....very sad I hope they can basiclly take out all the remaing stuff they have and with that money start from scratch... :(

Is Six Flags New Orleans open,SBNO,or just never going to open again.Ive seen some pics of it underwater.Its pretty sad.

Heres some Pics of it underwater http://interthemepark.shutterfly.com/actio...d=1204756305189

who really knows? (from what my grandpa told me) when the old coney island would flood after the waters would go down they would go in and then repair everything and get it back up on its feet.

Is Six Flags New Orleans open,SBNO,or just never going to open again.[/url]

who really knows?

I do, as do many others who are following the situation, especially the folks who posted above you.

(from what my grandpa told me) when the old coney island would flood after the waters would go down they would go in and then repair everything and get it back up on its feet.

Unfortunately, this is a somewhat similar, yet very different situation. Coney was, and still is, prepared to deal with floods and I'm sure CoastersRZ can shed some light on Coney's (being a 6 year Coney employee) preparation for flooding and such. I believe he pointed out in our recent Coney Island Flyover that some things had been moved in case the river got any higher. The problem with Six Flags New Orleans was that they were not expecting or prepared for that extensive of damage. When the levies failed the damage was far greater than anyone expected and now there is argument over the fate of the park and who is responsible for the site now.

Recently, John Grover, a photographer from Toledo, and myself have been trying to contact various city officials in New Orleans about trying to get access to photograph the site. It's been very confusing as many people in the local government don't seem to know what is going on with the litigation surrounding the property. I think there is still a long time to go before we see any answers for the fate of SFNO and when we do have a definite answer, it won't be there anymore.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Viacom Pitches Nick For New Orleans Theme Park Formerly Known as SFNO:

Nickelodeon pitches theme park for Six Flags site

Spongebob Squarepants could be one of the attractions if the New Orleans Industrial Development Board backs a plan to convert the vacated Six Flags site into a Nickelodeon theme park.

Baton Rouge-based Southern Star Amusement is partnering with Viacom, Nickelodeon’s parent company, to reopen the park that’s been closed since Hurricane Katrina. The group planned to provide an application and a $500 filing fee by Thursday for the proposal to be considered at the next IDB meeting July 21. ...

http://www.neworleanscitybusiness.com/view...cfm?recID=33648

Nickelodeon denies Six Flags NO rumors (sort of):

Despite few people actually talking about or giving any credence to recent rumors that Nickelodeon would be purchasing the seemingly abandoned Six Flags New Orleans amusement park, Nickelodeon has decided to address the matter. In a press release, Nickelodeon wholly denies any notion that the entertainment company is in any discussions with Six Flags Inc. concerning the purchase of the park. the statement does, however, affirm the company's interest in seeking licensing arrangements in the theme park business. No deals have yet been made.
(emphasis added)

http://www.lifthill.com/news/nickelodeon-d...lags-no-rumors/

Six Flags New Orleans Proposal Delayed For A Month:

A request from a Baton Rouge company to get $100 million in bonds to revive the shuttered Six Flags New Orleans theme park has been put off for a month.

The head of Southern Star Amusements says the request was reset from Tuesday to August at the request of the city. The city says the company is obligated to reopen the park, which was hit by heavy damage from Hurricane Katrina....

http://www.forbes.com/feeds/ap/2009/07/20/ap6675174.html

The city of New Orleans and owners of the Six Flags amusement park in New Orleans East today head back to court , to continue their legal struggle.

The city wants to recoup money it says it is owed and find a way to reopen the complex. Six Flags is in bankruptcy and has not reopened the amusement park since Hurricane Katrina flooded it in 2005. A temporary restraining order is in place keeping Six Flags from removing any more rides or equipment from the park, which has been closed since Katrina....

http://www.wwl.com/City-and-Six-Flags-have...uled-fo/4880033

• 2 weeks later...

Shuttered Six Flags site could be transformed into sports complex:

...Big League Dreams, a California company, is in talks with local officials about turning the shuttered New Orleans site into a multi-million dollar, multi-stadiumed operation that would host everyone from little leaguers to lawyers who once dreamed of being major league sluggers.

The company is chiefly being courted by Councilman Arnie Fielkow, who led a delegation of city and state officials to Mansfield, Texas, a Dallas suburb, Aug. 7. The delegation included Congressman Anh Cao, Senators Ann Duplessis and Edwin Murray, State Representatives Austin Badon and Cedric Richmond and members of the Eastern New Orleans Neighborhood Advisory Commission. The visit also included a stop at the adjoining Hawaiian Falls Water Park. ...

http://www.nola.com/business/index.ssf/200...site_could.html