Both sides of Racer going forward

neo8820

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumor Smasher, it is probably now impossible to turn the trains around on Beast without the permission and blessing of the trains' manufacturer...PTC. In Ohio, parks MUST follow the recommendations of ride manufacturers in order for rides to be licensed. At the time the change occurred on The Racer, PTC was known as Philadelphia Toboggan Company, and was under different management. The new company, with the same initials, is Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters, Inc. I can't imagine that the current day PTC would allow such a change.

Not to mention much better food and lower prices, a well motivated foods staff, a fair and efficient season pass program, better and fairer treatment for employees, etc.

No, I won't mention those things....

You're Right! Paramount did such a fine job in that area! <G>

by comparison to their successors....nah, I won't say it. It's too easy.

When did you have any of Cedar Fair's food or food service lately?

Rumor Smasher, it is probably now impossible to turn the trains around on Beast without the permission and blessing of the trains' manufacturer...PTC. In Ohio, parks MUST follow the recommendations of ride manufacturers in order for rides to be licensed. At the time the change occurred on The Racer, PTC was known as Philadelphia Toboggan Company, and was under different management. The new company, with the same initials, is Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters, Inc. I can't imagine that the current day PTC would allow such a change.

I was just saying it would be fun! and risky! to ride a rollercoaster backwards! thats were the fun is, How risky it is not seein were your goin. Little kids love that stuff! So what I see here is just another way to save money.

When you say it is risky, you are hinting around at a reason why a prudent park operator or train manufacturer might not want to allow such a thing.

By the way, shortly after The Comet opened in May 1994 at The Great Escape in Glens Falls, New York; after having been relocated from Crystal Beach in Canada, half the cars on the train were turned around. They didn't stay that way for long.

God I am so gald it's going forward. Rumor Smasher, It's hard to enjoy the Backward Dimension if your Neck is getting obliterated.

Why would your neck be geting obliterated?

I don't know, maybe the insane roughness of the Backwards Train has something to do with it.

Please don't condratict that opinion, everyone has there own and it's pointless to argue over it, especially since it doesn't matter anymore.

God I am so gald it's going forward. Rumor Smasher, It's hard to enjoy the Backward Dimension if your Neck is getting obliterated.

Why would your neck be geting obliterated?

I don't know, maybe the insane roughness of the Backwards Train has something to do with it.

Please don't condratict that opinion, everyone has there own and it's pointless to argue over it, especially since it doesn't matter anymore.

If that were true then why do you even bother posting your opinions and arguing or creating discussion with others when they post their opinions?

These boards are for discussion, when you post something you put it up for everyone to see and to allow them to discuss it, unless its prohibited by the terms of service. If you don't want anyone to disagree with you then maybe you should just keep it to yourself.

Honestly not surprised this is happening. Especially with it starting on the Rebel Yell. Last time I rode it in reverse my wife had the worst neck pain afterwards. Last seasson I rode Racer backwards and my brother complained of the same issue. I honestly think for saftey reassons and with the issues the park has had with SoB, this is no big surprise. Last thing you want is another coaster especially a wooden one causing injuries. The media will take that a run with it.

Back to the Shadows

"Thank you for your input. Your opinions are very important to us, and will be forwarded to the appropriate management officials. Thank you for contacting us."

And then.......nothing.

The decision is made. And three dozen complaints to Guest Relations (if there are even that many) will change nothing.

But, if it makes you feel any better, by all means....

I know that it won't change a thing, and that will be the response I get, but I just want my voice to be one of those that are heard in expressing my displeasure at this decision. Not that it matters. Why am I feeling like Eeyore now?

I apologize if someone has already suggested this but I haven't had time to read through all the pages of comments....

Does anyone think this could be a cost savings change? For example, on slow days they could operate just one side or close one side completely permenately. Sorry if I seem bitter but my home park SFKK has made me that way :)

this news upsets me. The Racers need to stay backwards and forwards. My fav. seat was the back of the backwards car. It seemed to have the best airtime. I hope this is just a rumor. I mean why change something that doesnt need to be changed. Many people like it the way it is.

Well they are putting it back to the way it was built with both sides going forward and hopefully hey will get more chances to make their name actually true during the ride.

Yeah, I doubt it. They could have easily attempted to race them last year, but they didn't. If this is a cost issue, then I doubt they will even have both sides running except for on weekends. Why don't they just rip off the one tunnel on The Beast that wasn't enclosed untill after the ride had opened!?If they are going around with logic like that, oh lets take off everything on a ride that wasn't originally there when it opened! The Racer has been backwards for so long, most people don't even know they both used to go forward, changing now is pretty much stupid. They've been running all this time without any injuries. I HATE the forward side of The Racer, it's rough, jerky, and it felt like my spine was compressed :P

....The Racer has been backwards for so long, most people don't even know they both used to go forward, changing now is pretty much stupid. They've been running all this time without any injuries....

Not correct. Not even close.

OK, then who was injured on The Racer? Never heard that one.