Carowinds opens for 2008!

I was very disappointed that Thunder Road was not open, as I was looking forward to it. Hurler made up for the disappointment, though, and took a spot in my coaster top ten. (The exact position not yet decided, but I'm leaning toward #5.) How exactly a coaster with this amount of high speed curves and airtime has survived under current and previous ownership is beyond me, but I hope it stays that way. In case you haven't figured it out yet, I mean the fact that it's TRIMLESS!

I noticed that the Fightertown USA sign was still up at Afterburn...how did that slip through the cracks? And also, there is a sign in the Nighthawk station that actually has the P word in it. Carowinds apparently isn't as picky about having all evidence of Paramount removed.

Uh, Brown the pile of rubber dog *** is only a reference when it's coming out of Hong Kong. :P

As for the fightertown, USA sign, I'd like to see it stay, it does reference the film, but the film references the real sign and real Navy Fighter-Weapon's school in Mirimar.

well buba gump's didn't reference forest gump and it's gone now.

Thunder Run is not open at this time. They are still working on it.

I for one find that interesting.

It was said somewhere that Kings Dominion opened with Rebel Yell both facing forwards, and now Thunder Road at Carowinds is opening late, having work done on it.

Intresting... :unsure:

Nope that is not true. I attended opening day at KD Saturday and the Rebel Yell was running one side only. The woodside (aka fowards side) was running. They must have done some track work on the running side because it felt smoother than last year. The lakeside (aka former backwards side) was closed. On the return trip back to the station, I lloked at the first hill and there was new wood on both sides and the lakeside first drop did not have the metal rails re-installed where the running wheels of the coaster travel. The Rebel Yell did get some track work done as well. It was not as extensive as what you guys are having done on Thunder Road.

I was very disappointed that Thunder Road was not open, as I was looking forward to it. Hurler made up for the disappointment, though, and took a spot in my coaster top ten. (The exact position not yet decided, but I'm leaning toward #5.) How exactly a coaster with this amount of high speed curves and airtime has survived under current and previous ownership is beyond me, but I hope it stays that way. In case you haven't figured it out yet, I mean the fact that it's TRIMLESS!

I noticed that the Fightertown USA sign was still up at Afterburn...how did that slip through the cracks? And also, there is a sign in the Nighthawk station that actually has the P word in it. Carowinds apparently isn't as picky about having all evidence of Paramount removed.

Actually Carowinds takes better care of Hurler than everyone thinks. Hurler was retracked TWICE in 2006. And one of thoose was done during the summer season. Carowinds only had Hurler closed for two days while they done it.

Actually Carowinds takes better care of Hurler than everyone thinks. Hurler was retracked TWICE in 2006. And one of thoose was done during the summer season. Carowinds only had Hurler closed for two days while they done it.

I think you mean "while they did it."

Either way, having to be re-tracked twice in one season is all the more reason we should be thankful that it still operates trimless. At KI, it would crawl around the track after gigantic trims on and/or right after the first drop. I just hope it continues to operate in its current trimless state. A person I rode with even said as we came back into the station, "now that's a coaster! That's the way they all used to be."

Thunder Run is not open at this time. They are still working on it.

I for one find that interesting.

It was said somewhere that Kings Dominion opened with Rebel Yell both facing forwards, and now Thunder Road at Carowinds is opening late, having work done on it.

Intresting... :unsure:

As of opening day the reports I heard from KD are that Rebel yell's left track is closed because they're currently retracking it....oddly enough the train is still sitting backwards in the station though.

But it is a Top Gun reference.

So is Maverick.

and the finger....

.... and a pile of rubber dog ****...

:rolleyes:

Nope.

Maverick is an INTAMIN roller coaster at Cedar Point.

Mavrick is a Top Gun reference.

People OFTEN don't spell the latter correctly.

Umm.

Yup. Please note the spelling of Maverick on his helmet.

http://www.moviemarket.co.uk/Photos/T10349...7bf2bfc407f51f3

... and on the jet...

http://www.starpulse.com/Movies/Top_Gun/ga...p-Gun-movie-10/

... and at the end of the movie.

http://www.moviescreenshots.blogspot.com/2...p-gun-1986.html