New Mall near KI

KIfan73

When I've went to KI this year, I've noticed a new mall being built. I see it off of 71 a few miles above Kings Island. I was looking around on the 'net for information about it, but I'm not even sure what town or county that is. Does anyone on here know any details about it? Thanks in advance.

When I've went to KI this year, I've noticed a new mall being built. I see it off of 71 a few miles above Kings Island. I was looking around on the 'net for information about it, but I'm not even sure what town or county that is. Does anyone on here know any details about it? Thanks in advance.

If you are talking about the mall just off st rt 48 at I-71 it is called Rivers Crossing. It has a Kohl's at the present. From what I have heard there will be a Lowe's and Best Buy also. Look for other stores to be built there also. Here is link for it:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/hp/content/...ssingfront.html

If you are talking about the mall just off st rt 48 at I-71 it is called Rivers Crossing. It has a Kohl's at the present. From what I have heard there will be a Lowe's and Best Buy also. Look for other stores to be built there also. Here is link for it:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/hp/content/...ssingfront.html

Not sure about the Best Buy. I know the current growth plans for Best Buy include a store on Colerain Ave which opens in a few weeks and one in Newport, KY which is undetermined as to when it'll open.

I think you are talking about the new part they are adding to Kenwood Town Center, its a huge construction project and very visable from 71. Someone who lives in Cinci could probably tell you more about it but I see it every time I drive down there.

There is a Best Buy planned for the Lebanon area. Not sure if this is the same development we are speaking of.

I work for Best Buy. I wouldn't think that they would build one in Lebanon seeing there is one near Kings Automall, less than 10 miles away. I do know there is one coming to Colerain (less than 10 miles from Tri-County), opening next month and have heard about one in Newport and Kenwood. It would be more feasible to put one up near Wilmington instead...

There is a Best Buy planned for the Lebanon area. Not sure if this is the same development we are speaking of.

I work for Best Buy. I wouldn't think that they would build one in Lebanon seeing there is one near Kings Automall, less than 10 miles away. I do know there is one coming to Colerain (less than 10 miles from Tri-County), opening next month and have heard about one in Newport and Kenwood. It would be more feasible to put one up near Wilmington instead...

I had heard there is a BBY planned for the Lebanon area. So, I may be incorrect.

I work for Best Buy. I wouldn't think that they would build one in Lebanon seeing there is one near Kings Automall, less than 10 miles away.

Speaking from personal experience, the Best Buy near the automall may be only 10 miles away but it can take 45 minutes or more to get there from the SR48 interchange depending on how ridiculous the traffic is in the Fields Ertel area.

With this development at the SR48 interchange, maybe they'll finally install a traffic light for us poor souls trying to get on 71 South from northbound 48. As it stands now, we have to yield and merge into southbound 48's nonstop flow of 55mph traffic. Throw rain or snow into the mix, and it can take a half hour just to get on 71 South in the morning. But I digress... :P

^^Obviously you're not using the right backroads then!!

But yeah, I used to work at the Fields Ertel BB for about a year...really good emp. discounts!! Too bad that store was so tiny.

What, 22/3? That does help, but it still brings you into the Fields Ertel insanity, just from the opposite direction. Any way you cut it, having a store on 48 would make it a lot easier for a lot of people to go to a Best Buy. That is, until 48 becomes clogged with Fields Ertel-like traffic :lol:

There has been talk of re-doing the interchange at I-71 and Fields Ertel. Most of the time when I drive past it on my way to Kings Island or to the grandparent's house in Wilmington...traffic is always almost backed up onto the highway. That exit is the most poorly designed I have ever seen on a highway, save for a couple in Georgia.

There has been talk of re-doing the interchange at I-71 and Fields Ertel. Most of the time when I drive past it on my way to Kings Island or to the grandparent's house in Wilmington...traffic is always almost backed up onto the highway. That exit is the most poorly designed I have ever seen on a highway, save for a couple in Georgia.

Yep. Northbound 71 sometimes is backed up all the way onto 275 because of it.