Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

Well it appears that the fence between the midway and the splashdown is gone and they are putting up something between the midway the drop into the splashdown. I may be wrong though because it's kinda hard to see.

Actually after looking at it a little longer it does appear that smurf is correct in his assumption.

Well it appears that the fence between the midway and the splashdown is gone and they are putting up something between the midway the drop into the splashdown. I may be wrong though because it's kinda hard to see.

Actually after looking at it a little longer it does appear that smurf is correct in his assumption.

Probably don't have many options of things to do in this weather.

I just peeped the D-back webcam...crazy how the weather in Cincy now looks so gloomy, yet here in Indy, the sky is clear and the sun is shining!?! :D

I was thinking the exact same thing! Here in Columbus, it's completely clear and sunny! Yet an hour to the southwest its listed as "Heavy Snow" and expecting 2 or 3 inches. Crazy.

Grr No more snow!

I'm pretty sure I will be heading over to the park on Saturday because I was invited to an off-season returning employee party by a friend from my old crew. It's in the Festhaus but hopefully I can get some pictures if at all possible.

For those of you that have ridden coasters similar to Diamondback, how are their "whiplash" dynamics compared to say, Vortex or Adventure Express?

Compared to those two rides, this will be extremely smooth. I doubt it will have much whiplash, if any.

Only "whiplash" you might feel will be in =probably entering the mcbr from the sudden banking to normal of the helix. Right when it snaps you back to level when you enter the mcbr you might feel a little "whip" action but B&Ms are smooooooth. You will love it!

From my experience on B&M hypers they are very jerky and whip you around a lot (which I love :D). The inversions on the stand ups and inverts are really tight and can whip you around in your seat a lot. But hypers are awesome. I hope you guys enjoy them as much as I do!

I love Raptor and Mantis! Though I don't understand why Mantis gets do much criticism as being a jerky and bad coaster, it has strong Gs but its smooth! the only complaint I have abut Raptor is the turn (slam) into the brake run, but otherwise amazing coaster!!! I have been on 1 B&M Hyper though and it was smooth as Maverick and Millennium!!! like silk :) As much as people love B&Ms (as do I) I must say I prefer Intamin. Anyway back to DB, I am so Pumped for this coaster and cant wait to see the Trains :D

Thanks for the video post! I hadn't seen it.

As for mantis, your standing up and it often pivots horizontally. How could you not get jerked around some? It's part of the ride and very different than when done on a sit down. I didn't used to like it but now I ride in the front or back and find it quite fun.

For me, Raptor's issue is entering the final break run not the MCBR.

Diamondback however, I expect to be incredible smooth.