Diamondback Construction Thread (Updated 3-19-09)

BoddaH1994

We were talking about Beemers so we assume he thought it was a beemer.

You should never Assume, because we all know what happens.

Also if you notice I mentioned that Titan is my favorite Hyper, not B&M Hyper or even B&M, but just favorite Hyper. Which was the sentence after I discussed B&M.

Although I wonder if DB will take over my favorite hyper spot currently held by Titan? I hope so.

So once again yourself and flightoffear1996 should not assume what is never said.

Also B&M would never make a coaster as forceful as Titan, but then again I guess I am only limited to discuss B&M coasters until the subject changes because the two of you seem to lack the capacity to follow a multi topic post. I will keep it simple if you need.

Two more pictures from today have been added to the photo gallery at KIDiamondback.com

This image show some of the significant progress that has been made on the station.

Wood sheathing is going up on the upper level of the station. On the lower level, they have placed the girts between the structural columns to provide bracing for the cladding that will eventually enclose the lower level of the station. Additionally, if you look at the supports for the lift hill on the far left of that picture, you will see what looks like blankets wrapped around the base of the supports. Those are concrete blankets. Those are there because they poured the expansive grout between the top of the footing and the bottom of the steel support. The blanket is there to keep in some of the heat from the grout (as concrete and grout both produce exothermic chemical reactions) so that it can properly cure in this cold weather.

I hope some of you enjoyed that little construction process update.

On the topic of B&M's: I've ridden Chang, Mantis, Raptor, Hulk, and Dueling Dragons. No complaints for any of them; in fact Raptor is still my 3rd favorite ride at CP behing MF and Maverick. (sorry, TTD fans. TTD is ok but for the wait I'd rather get a bit more action). I can't wait to add DB to this list; it's going to be indescribable bliss.

Terpy, thanks for taking my Troll description lightly. I say weird stuff like that from time to time.

Can't wait for the hammerhead to be finished.

Before you know it Diamodback trains will be here. The dark cold days of winter will be gone. We will soon be talking about how our first ride was and how long the line was. Before you know it we will realize that Diamondback had a great first year!!

On that note can you beleive that FoF 14th year of operation! I remeber when that ride was new! :wacko: